Steam in home Streaming

What the hell just happened? I crashed and when I restarted my computer, Steam sent Cubic Castles to my 2nd PC. So both computers were running CC and it was laggy and I had mouse control separately over both screens. Then it crashed again and when I ran CC I had control over both computer screens with my one main mouse.

How can it run CC on both computers? BTW my second PC is wireless and bluetooth. Also in the future and for clarification, my 52" screen is also a PC monitor so how will that effect CC and what will I have to do to eliminate that from SIHS? So yea, I do have 3 computer monitors and 2 computers.

Does anyone know how to rectify this?

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Just make sure when you go to run cc that it says Play instead of Stream.
    If it says Stream click the little down arrow next to it and choose Play on this machine.

• IntimateIntimate Member
    edited June 2018
    gdog said:

If it says Stream click the little down arrow next to it and choose Play on this machine.

Thank you for the quick response. I will try that :)

EDIT: I did not have Play in the option, I had Install which it is already installed and I will have to wait for mom to do that.

Will I get into trouble for CC running on 2 PC's? (streaming)
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Intimate said:

gdog said:

Thank you for the quick response. I will try that :)

EDIT: I did not have Play in the option, I had Install which it is already installed and I will have to wait for mom to do that.

Will I get into trouble for CC running on 2 PC's? (streaming)
    No of course you wont get in trouble. Its a feature of steam.
    Your in essence only actually running 1 version of cc. Its just sending that info to your 2nd computer. It's a nice feature. I can play games on my laptop in the other room which would have no way of running on my laptop natively.
    If you don't have it installed on that pc then that's why it's defaulting to the stream option.
    When you have it installed on the machine that play option will return.