The Deconstructor/Wedge

Have you ever hit craft max by accident, with 2k sand? Or have you made dark brick instead of blues one? Well, if so, most people in CC have had your problem at least once. Especially with the tiny buttons, everything is harder to do (hopefully this new update they have spoken of comes soon). That's why we need something to undo our mistakes.

The Deconstructor could be a 2x1 (horizontal) machine that splits items back into their original pieces. It would look like a wood splitter. Due to pay, you could only put say 10 items in at a time. If we couldn't get it in a new full on machine, we could just have it as a tool, called the wedge. If you don't know what that is, look it up (and not the shoe btw).

We wouldn't be able to use it on distillered, forged, or extracted items. You would not get XP from this, and would need 2 of half blocks to make back into one (so you could not just "create" blocks). It could be craftable (6 stainless steel plate, 6 glue, 4 chisels, 4 hammers + screwdriver). This whole concept would be helpful because:

~We can undo mistakes such as craft max or making incorrect item

~If you are forgetting how to make something, you can learn what it is by deconstructing, saving you time from going to the Cubic Learning Center

~You could build so much faster than having to go back to a mine because you made too much of one thing in a previous build

Comments

• It has the potential to introduce new bugs / loopholes into the game like the double crafting ability.
    Although I really like this suggestion so why not? +1
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    -1 For me.

Craftmaster is an issue. As you could double, then decraft and repeat.
    XP is an issue. You can craft and get xp and then decraft and start over.
    Sure there are more loopholes that would come to light too.

Don't get me wrong I've crafted stuff i didn't mean to.
    I learnt from those mistakes and now do a few things to ensure it doesn't happen again.

The simplest way is to only put the right amount of ingredients you need into the crafting bench. No putting in 5000 iron when i only need a few tacks.

If I do craft a large amount of something and i do want to use craft max and the recipe includes ingredient for other recipes then I will craft a single one first before I hit max craft.

Although I do think that it would be good if one doesn't want to go into the Cubic Learning Center to remember how to craft something, I think that the max crafting problem could be fixed with a confirmation window.

Personally, I do not have this problem anymore because I only put in as much materials as I need into the crafting bench. If I accidentally click the wrong recipe, then I have only wasted a few materials.