Cubic Castles Time

Cubic Time is Pacific Standard Time. Is this because the Cosmic Cow headquarters are in California? Not to complain, it makes it easier for me!

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I think the time's just completely random. Only one of the Devs live in America, he doesn't live in California.
    lucaaa795 said:

I think the time's just completely random. Only one of the Devs live in America, he doesn't live in California.

While that is true, their contact info also link to some city from california named walnut
    I know that. I still think it's random, timings and location, why would they make their HQ somewhere they don't live?
  • lucaaa795 said:

Yes.
    Although I'm not sure if there is anyone living there at all, yeah the HQ is in California

I live there. XD
  • lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Yes.
    Although I'm not sure if there is anyone living there at all, yeah the HQ is in California

I live there. XD
    There now it makes more sense.....
    XD
    I think 2-10 CC players live in Cali. I live close to Walnut, actually like 42. sumthin miles.
  • I'm three hours off or something like that. Stupid American times *slams foot against ground*!
  • I'm three hours off or something like that. Stupid American times *slams foot against ground*!

XD
  • I live in pacific time, its nice always knowing what cc time it is. But i dont live in california
    Well, maybe Luca, but they've changed them before, so I highly doubt they where all in the same Town/City
  • The CC servers are most likely in Washington state. Everyone lives in different places just as the players do, thus the need for a centralized standard time.

BTW anyone can do a lookup for any website, if you know how.
  • Intimate said:

The CC servers are most likely in Washington state. Everyone lives in different places just as the players do, thus the need for a centralized standard time.

BTW anyone can do a lookup for any website, if you know how.

But cc HQ are in Cali. XD
    @SirKewberth Where are the Servers? I know you don't know live in America and Cos doesn't live in California, so why's the HQ there?
  • b3achyb3achy Member

@SirKewberth Where are the Servers? I know you don't know live in America and Cos doesn't live in California, so why's the HQ there?

There are more folks that are on staff than just Cos and SirK, so one of them may live in Cali. Also, just because the main folks don't live in Cali, doesn't mean the servers or the business can't be registered there. For the business, there are plenty in the US that are registered in a different state than the people live - typically because it's a better business decision (for one reason or other, but often for taxes or incorporation fees). Also, since folks often rent/lease servers, they can be just about anywhere that the server manager may put them...and often not in the same state where the people live.
    I know where the Devs live, don't ask its a long story, none of them live in California. Kewb may have lived there once, but I highly doubt it. But why would you register a HQ hundreds of miles away? You'd think it'd be close to home or something. The Servers/ISP have been changed multiple times aswell. I highly doubt each time in California. Although the Devs have a habit of neglecting their information regarding CC everywhere, so maybe its not even in California anymore
  • b3achyb3achy Member

I know where the Devs live, don't ask its a long story, none of them live in California. Kewb may have lived there once, but I highly doubt it. But why would you register a HQ hundreds of miles away? You'd think it'd be close to home or something. The Servers/ISP have been changed multiple times aswell. I highly doubt each time in California. Although the Devs have a habit of neglecting their information regarding CC everywhere, so maybe its not even in California anymore

As I stated, often a business is registered in a different location for a valid business reason. Many US businesses are incorporated in Delaware because it was cheaper to do that, yet the actual business is in a completely different state. It's not an uncommon practice for a business to have a different HQ location than where people are, especially a virtual business. Might be smart to have a gaming business with a Cali HQ. I see this often with technical companies in the US. Also, server farms are everywhere. I've worked on servers that were in NC and TX, yet I live in FL. You can remote to servers as long as you have an internet connection and the proper credentials. Often people will pay for their servers to be where they are cheapest, or where they can get the best throughput for their application or if they need a set of servers in the same location, it might not be where they live. In this day and age, you don't have to live where your business is nor where your servers are...
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited June 2018
    b3achy said:

As I stated, often a business is registered in a different location for a valid business reason. Many US businesses are incorporated in Delaware because it was cheaper to do that, yet the actual business is in a completely different state. It's not an uncommon practice for a business to have a different HQ location than where people are, especially a virtual business. Might be smart to have a gaming business with a Cali HQ. I see this often with technical companies in the US. Also, server farms are everywhere. I've worked on servers that were in NC and TX, yet I live in FL. You can remote to servers as long as you have an internet connection and the proper credentials. Often people will pay for their servers to be where they are cheapest, or where they can get the best throughput for their application or if they need a set of servers in the same location, it might not be where they live. In this day and age, you don't have to live where your business is nor where your servers are...
    Thanks for clearing up some of their questions. And as a resident of California, L.A County is the worst to live and rent in. The reason to many server restarts sometimes are due to California Heat Wave Power outages or to much internet use in 1 area. Now, if the HQ were to move to Catilina Island (Which is LA County, but closer to Sand Diego County) the server's wouldn't have as much lag. So were the HQ is atm is ok, but for the server's sometimes its not

And true. Many tech and IT companies are based in Cali, but are in the Bay Area. So to have it in L.A. County's City of Walnut is really stupid.
  • b3achy said:

BTW Cosmic Cow Games & Cubic Castles are hosted thru cheapname which is in WA state. The servers can still be in another location and forwarded to the actual host site. Source: Public information.

I would like to know what bandwidth is allocated for CC though.