What is the program that I can use to convert "MODL" model files to a readable 3D file type like ".

I can not convert it, I've already tried it on pages and with programs, but it says "that kind of files is not allowed" and I really want to edit and open the game models

Comments

• KewbinKewbin Member
    SirKewberth everything explains here:

• ^
  • Sorry for the necro, I'm thinkin of taking a shot at making a converter.
    @SirKewberth In that video you mentioned the files are stored in raw opengl format
    Is there any chance you could say the order of the data and what data there is? I would expect positions and uv coordinates, maybe also vertex normals?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Pimydd said:

Sorry for the necro, I'm thinkin of taking a shot at making a converter.
    @SirKewberth In that video you mentioned the files are stored in raw opengl format
    Is there any chance you could say the order of the data and what data there is? I would expect positions and uv coordinates, maybe also vertex normals?

Well.. the code that writes the format is quite old. I'd have to lookup exactly the details, but send me a private message and I'll see if I can get you enough info to go on. I think you're probably pretty close with your guess, but as you may already know gl lets you format stuff in a variety of ways.
This discussion has been closed.