Summer Items

<StarBound><StarBound> Member
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Is it just me or are the summer items kinda a waste. I think they shouldve done the hat pack with UV's etc. Just a thought

Comments

• The template icon for the summer items contains "1500c" as shown here :

So if they want to change the price, they would need to change the icon every 2 days..

Plus, we're not sure if the UV Shades would have returned in the pack tho =P
  • LateCom said:

cosmic and kewberth wanted to try something new, though i think theyre trying to ruin the economy by intentionally setting pack price so cheap.

its enjoyable for most for packs, but stuff needs to change.
    i personally messaged kewberth on trying to at least change the price of each item but guess what..
    no response when i brought that up.

Oh sure why not make them 5k each so that each cooler costs 1.66k. Fair enough.

Decos in the summer pack are already overpaid tbh, and if you're saying that the vanity items are too cheap, wait till they be like the Lil Bunnyzillas... Have you ever studied economics?
  • LateCom said:

lol
    have you ever considered that i want a VARIETY of prices, not OVERPRICE of item?
    Lil Bunnyzillas arent even that rare, just 9k apiece.
    If you say so, mot stuff has increased a ton lol..
    also, mind you coolers are dropping in price
    if you can see, cooler is the only deco in the pack if im not mistaken.

Maybe the Grill Stand will be...
  • MotivationMotivation Member
    edited June 2018
    LateCom said:

lol
    have you ever considered that i want a VARIETY of prices, not OVERPRICE of item?

I see you know little about economics... Well, the fools pack 2016 items are a good example of what I'm trying to illustrate. The Fool's Cap, Lesser Cap, Least Cap and Motley Set were all the same price back then, but look what happened. You see, prices don't just go up or down. There has to be a certain reason for that, and it's demand. The motley sets were more popular so more people wanted them... And the vanity items in the summer pack aren't very different from fool's. Who knows, maybe the leather bag will cost more than the blue one...
    LateCom said:

Lil Bunnyzillas arent even that rare, just 9k apiece.

It would be best if you replace rare with expensive. Rare means little chance to attain while expensive means high price.
    LateCom said:

also, mind you coolers are dropping in price
    if you can see, cooler is the only deco in the pack if im not mistaken.

I'll leave that assumption for you to rethink about it. As I said earlier, prices don't just drop without any reason.
    LateCom said:

if you say so, mot stuff has increased a ton lol..

Of course stuff will rise... It's part of the economic cycle.

• LateCom said:

its funny how you did not quote the mot part

Thanks for reminding, I edited my main post.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    I have to say, that I'm not really enjoying the current sale of the summer items.
    1) Since there is only one thing sold, they should just tell us what it is each time, instead of generically labeling the pack. Since the price isn't changing, I'm not a 100% sure I'm actually getting what I'm planning to get...I dislike the lack of confidence in the current purchase system (thanks to Joystick, I at least know what should drop).
    2) I miss the excitement of wondering what's going to drop in the pack. If I just wanted to purchase items, I'd go to the various people that sold them after the packs came out and buy those items that I didn't get in the pack that I wanted.
    3) I feel like I'm getting much less for my cubits...just a single item; whereas, last year, I had many items after three purchases of the pack...some good, some less desirable. But then I could sell off the items I didn't want or got multiples of to be able to afford the others items that I liked better, but didn't get.

I think it was an interesting experiment, but for me it falls flat and I hope they go back to the old way of having packs with multiple items in them.

Truth be told, when I first started playing, I originally disliked the way packs were done as it was too random IMO...but having been around a while, I think I enjoyed the excitement of the randomness that the current packs don't provide. Having random items built up the anticipation of the pack purchase...will I get what I really want? What will I get?

On a different note...
    @Motivation - while I understand real world economics, much of the supply/demand model really doesn't apply here in "kid's game" economics. Prices of items are often more random than based on supply/demand. Things that are rare (and in demand) aren't always more expensive than things that are perceived as 'cool' or 'popular' or some other form of desirable completely unrelated to rarity. This is a very fickle economy, IMO, and you can't really apply standard economic models to it. But that's just my experience and YMMV.