Realm Rating

I noticed that my 3 star rating changes depending on who places a realm next to mine. I have 3 stars rating and my rating block is in a cabinet so nobody can change it. The mines next to me also change rating depending on the rating of nearby realms rating.

BTW I am in the ever broken Aspen map. You know the one where the devs forgot to fix the realm stamp bug.

Side note: I have noticed that when new things come out in the game, bugs crawl into other things and gnaw away at em.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    The rating system is pretty wonky and I am not clear how it works. I generally avoid the rating blocks but they look amazing!

Intimate I suggest you hang up your hat and move to another world. All the mines are nice in Aspen but it is not worth the battle of trying to get a realm down. While you do not have the convenience of Aspen other worlds like Pelago work and have nice weather!
  • lucaaa795 said:

They were never working. They are a failure. I heard they might give the block a brand new look and stuff but im not sure.
    Who really cares about their realm rating when placed in ow anyway. I can assure you that it doesnt make an actual difference when it comes to people joining the realm

Apparently I do. Besides a bug is a bug no matter where it is or how it affects the game. I bet you would care if the (bug) code that is tied to your cubits was changed and took half of your cubits when someone muted their realm would change your view on the issue. A bug is code written wrong or a switch turned on when it is supposed to be off.

-GreyCoralKing-
    I shouldn't have to move. I think the map should be fixed. It comes down to allowing code to be left in the game that CAN affect more than just the small issue of a realm rating. I also realize this small issue pales in comparison to other things the devs need to work on that actually make more money for them like adding things to the game. The problem is that bad code can and does effect new things as code is dependant on other code elsewhere in the game.

I am done trying to improve the game. Besides yall know what you are doing, right?

Hangs up hat and silently walks into the shadow........
  • I agree you shouldn't have to move but being a long time player of games period I understand they come with quirks which by no means am I excusing bugs but it is just the name of the game. Sometimes it is easier to go with the grain than against it for peace of mind. The dev team is incredibly small and they are having to juggle introducing new content plus trying to maintain the game. Improving the game is done with time and patience because the devs do listen. It just can take them a lot of time like a year or more before they are able to address a desire/issue.

I am not condoning or being placid on issues. If you have been here since the early days you would know that I am probably one of the loudest forum users and will be the first to call the devs on the carpet if I see an issue. With my voice and those who aligned with me many changes have occurred like side ores being returned.The devs probably wish they could reach through the computer and put duct tape over my mouth lol. I feel that there is a place and time to raise a ruckus this not being one of them. Not when there are alternate worlds that do work available.

Side thoughts- It is important to bring light to bugs and other issues. Both Luca and I have brought attention to the Aspen problem. Secondly we have revived this topic many times and that is all you can do. The devs have expressed feelings of the overworld being dated and obsolete now having the lobby. It would be nice if they looked into it to see if it was an easy fix but if not then table it but tell us.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Intimate said:

I have 3 stars rating and my rating block is in a cabinet so nobody can change it.

So you don't allow people rate your realm as you want to artificially keep it at 3 stars and then you complain that your 3 star rating changes based on factors you can't control?
    I get that there may be a bug here but you see the hypocrisy in your methods right?
    You're actively using a bug/unintended oversight to try and keep your realm at 3 star rating. Then complain of a bug not allowing you to do that.

Fix both the bugs would be the best fix here.
    Make rating blocks work and make it so people can't fake having 3 star realms.