CC out of date

2»

Comments

• I don't see the problem with running it from steam.

koekenbak said:

Sorry too say but i dont like Steam and im sure im not the only one. And i bet there are alot of kiddos out there that have strict parents...Parents that wil decide which programs they allow their kids too run and i bet a gaming platform like Steam is not one of them.

Just my thoughts. Grtz , Koek

Though parents may have concern about the content in the steam store, there is still the Family View for parents to control what content can be seen and, to make it more convenient, the game updates in the background. I don't find myself waiting before playing.

Dear @SirKewberth

I too,I dont like steam for play cubic castles...
    many players want it from website , in steam it lag a lot ...

so dear kewberth , can do a questionably ,in news and announcements ,for people vote : who want cc back for website,if it back ,many people will get better

Lag shouldn't be an issue and neither should installing games. The times where lag may occur is if the system doesn't have enough RAM, your overall connection is slow or what Kewberth said.
    Intimate said:

Kirodashi said:

yeah, really sucks. Steam has a lot more limitations.
    Seems we are losing players as a result, only ~400 players on atm.
    I hope the devs can fix this.

Yea it does really suck. I do not know how to use Steam. Do I need to register, do I need to uninstall windows version, how do I run CC on steam. Holy COW cos wth?

CC says this change is for their security, but what about mine, is steam safe for me and my personal information?

This reminds me of the Robinsons....Big head and tiny arms, not very well thought out.
    FYI, this change is for more than just "their security", it's for the game and the players.
    Kirodashi said:

There aren't more limitations. Steam is rather flexible with support for multiple platforms, apps, games and the users. There is also support for offline games and apps meaning that you can still run certain games or applications without limitations.
    @Sugarcat101
    The main steam limitation is the fact that you can’t have 2 cc tabs open at once, which sucks.
  • [evo][evo] Member
    Hold up this update needs to go I mean you can still put the standalone as an option to be used as an update because some people doesn't use steam and such.

Won't that lessen the amount of players?

I'm not trying to be rude but won't you guys wanna consult us players first because this is really is a stupid decision Steam is just a second option, standalone is the mainstream for this game.

Using steam and standalone doesn't make any big difference They are both the same game Cubic doesn't run better when i was playing on steam it was still the same.

All I'm saying is this update makes no sense and PLEASE think twice and consult the community about this update for steam because half of the community is Standalone players.

Best regards,

'Crow'

I hope this doesn't get me banned ;-;
  • 'crow' said:

Hold up this update needs to go I mean you can still put the standalone as an option to be used as an update because some people doesn't use steam and such.

Won't that lessen the amount of players?

I'm not trying to be rude but won't you guys wanna consult us players first because this is really is a stupid decision Steam is just a second option, standalone is the mainstream for this game.

Using steam and standalone doesn't make any big difference They are both the same game Cubic doesn't run better when i was playing on steam it was still the same.

All I'm saying is this update makes no sense and PLEASE think twice and consult the community about this update for steam because half of the community is Standalone players.

Best regards,

'Crow'

I hope this doesn't get me banned ;-;

It won't
  • Kirodashi said:

I don't see the problem with running it from steam.

koekenbak said:

Sorry too say but i dont like Steam and im sure im not the only one. And i bet there are alot of kiddos out there that have strict parents...Parents that wil decide which programs they allow their kids too run and i bet a gaming platform like Steam is not one of them.

Just my thoughts. Grtz , Koek

Though parents may have concern about the content in the steam store, there is still the Family View for parents to control what content can be seen and, to make it more convenient, the game updates in the background. I don't find myself waiting before playing.

Dear @SirKewberth

I too,I dont like steam for play cubic castles...
    many players want it from website , in steam it lag a lot ...

so dear kewberth , can do a questionably ,in news and announcements ,for people vote : who want cc back for website,if it back ,many people will get better

Lag shouldn't be an issue and neither should installing games. The times where lag may occur is if the system doesn't have enough RAM, your overall connection is slow or what Kewberth said.
    Intimate said:

Kirodashi said:

Yea it does really suck. I do not know how to use Steam. Do I need to register, do I need to uninstall windows version, how do I run CC on steam. Holy COW cos wth?

CC says this change is for their security, but what about mine, is steam safe for me and my personal information?

This reminds me of the Robinsons....Big head and tiny arms, not very well thought out.
    FYI, this change is for more than just "their security", it's for the game and the players.
    Kirodashi said:

There aren't more limitations. Steam is rather flexible with support for multiple platforms, apps, games and the users. There is also support for offline games and apps meaning that you can still run certain games or applications without limitations.
    @Sugarcat101
    The main steam limitation is the fact that you can’t have 2 cc tabs open at once, which sucks.
    It's still possible for me to do so by opening the folder cubic castles was downloaded to and opening another instance that way

So, what other limitation have you faced?
  • Kirodashi : Steam doesn't affect the number of online players at all.. You will see a decreasing of them today and probably for a few days due to this update but nothing to do with Steam itself..

And Intimate, if you play for 2 months you should have noticed that when the easter pack had been released, and bunnyzilla coming, we achieved some pics (I saw 1.4k players one day) so ye =)

So, you seem to know steam and all, can you help my mom and I find CC on steam? We can't find where to download it.
  • Intimate said:

Kirodashi : Steam doesn't affect the number of online players at all.. You will see a decreasing of them today and probably for a few days due to this update but nothing to do with Steam itself..

And Intimate, if you play for 2 months you should have noticed that when the easter pack had been released, and bunnyzilla coming, we achieved some pics (I saw 1.4k players one day) so ye =)

So, you seem to know steam and all, can you help my mom and I find CC on steam? We can't find where to download it.
    just search for it in the search option, it should come up :)
  • Intimate said:

Kirodashi : Steam doesn't affect the number of online players at all.. You will see a decreasing of them today and probably for a few days due to this update but nothing to do with Steam itself..

Here, a link to it, https://store.steampowered.com/app/317470/Cubic_Castles/
    All you need to do is press the green "Play Game" button around the bottom and it will ask you to launch steam externally to show you the game and/or start the download. Once downloaded, you can just press "Play" and start the game. It's as simple as that.
  • Intimate said:

Thank you, The search is NOT easy to see. I would have thought CC would be more helpful as this is such a big change for the game and there are a lot of players forced to do the same thing I am, blindly.

There are 400+ less players online than normal for this time of day.
  • Intimate said:

Intimate said:

Thank you, The search is NOT easy to see. I would have thought CC would be more helpful as this is such a big change for the game and there are a lot of players forced to do the same thing I am, blindly.

There are 400+ less players online than normal for this time of day.
    yeah, its not easy to see
  • Ok now I am using Steam to run Cubic Castles. The problem is that when you change the game (switch pack), my antivirus blocked CC. The last server update sent CC to the virus vault as I was playing so I lost connection. This was after the restart and addition of the switch pack. This steam change did nothing as you claimed it would. You just moved the false positive to steam.

I am not asking for anything here, Just saying... I am NO tech dummy.
  • It didn't for me..
  • Intimate said:

Ok now I am using Steam to run Cubic Castles. The problem is that when you change the game (switch pack), my antivirus blocked CC. The last server update sent CC to the virus vault as I was playing so I lost connection. This was after the restart and addition of the switch pack. This steam change did nothing as you claimed it would. You just moved the false positive to steam.

You need a different pc security, a anti virus protector won't do the job. Try Norton, or the Mc one. I prefer norton. But its only 5 U.S. dollars a month, maybe less.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Intimate said:

Ok now I am using Steam to run Cubic Castles. The problem is that when you change the game (switch pack), my antivirus blocked CC. The last server update sent CC to the virus vault as I was playing so I lost connection. This was after the restart and addition of the switch pack. This steam change did nothing as you claimed it would. You just moved the false positive to steam.

You need a different pc security, a anti virus protector won't do the job. Try Norton, or the Mc one. I prefer norton. But its only 5 U.S. dollars a month, maybe less.
    Norton and Mcafee are terrible.
    You don't have to and shouldn't pay for an antivirus program.
    AVG or Avast are fine.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-antivirus
  • gdog said:

Intimate said:

AVG or Avast are fine.

I've been with norton all my life. They do have specail member stuff where you get extra. But, Mcafee does suck. I got 2 viruses when I got my new pc.

There is this one I used for google chrome, don't remember what it is, but it is really good, besides all the annoying notifications.
  • Defiantly go with AVG or Avast. I prefer Avast over Avg because Avg has at rare times been a turkey bird slowing down my computer while Avast has been a good bird. Depends on computers though. I have used both AVG and Avast for over ten years, never had a problem with viruses.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    I've never used Avast but I'd recommend AVG.
  • gdog said:

Intimate said:

AVG or Avast are fine.

I agree, we use Avast and it catches everything.
  • Okay so Steam is safe right? So why is it that I am now getting emails on a different account than I signed up to Steam with telling me about their Privacy Policy Update?
    The email I used is not or has never been signed in on this computer. Privacy my butt!
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    lucaaa795 said:

They're still better than facebook.

LOL...that's a very low standard...especially when it comes to privacy...
  • Question: I play on PC thru Steam so what if anything do I have to do now after these changes and server restart? BTW I live in USA
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    You dont have to do anything special. Same server etc.. Just click play.
  • Cafe De TernoCafe De Terno Member
    edited June 2018
    Kewberth, many players didn't liked the new tittle screen... u can see in official discord server XD

Also terms of service come everytime we try log in

and what is changing in this update? or just adding more packs like always?

also taking off cc for download in him's website, what advantage get for us? and for you're?
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited June 2018

You dont have to do anything special. Same server etc.. Just click play.

Cool, Thank You :)

Edit: Now I have to choose continue, start at home, go back. What do these mean? Like continue before the update? What is start at home?

Edit 2: I clicked continue and was playing as normal, I tried to open cubit store and it froze, I closed the game on the taskbar and my antivirus blocked CC again, I sent report and closed it.

Going to try again, wish me luck cuz imma need it. I hope yall fare well too.
  • @SirKewberth please reply my questions before.. and more this :

How BM command in cubic castles work?
  • I know something has changed or updated when Avast blocks CC again. The update may not actually be CC but it could be steam. Even though I have steam/cc added as an exclusion, it blocked it yet again today.

I am glad CC no longer has to jump thru hoops everytime a change occurs, but unhappy that now we have to.
  • We plan to discontinue the standalone Windows version of Cubic Castles. It will continue to be available from Steam of course. Frankly, the hacking and malware-false-positives problems make it a net negative for us. (From Cos)

A lot of players are using this version but ofc Steam is free.. The main issue is that some can't handle steam on their computer..

i can run steam just fine on a $100 dollar laptop
  • Btw you guys already know most cc players are from 10-14 years and steam doesn't accept players under 13... It has no parent /guardian option like normal cc. Normal cc should be available at least... Even if children below 13 take assistance from guardians, if parents don't play... The kid will be the one playing so in a way he is using false age and you are encouraging that
  • gdog said:

Intimate said:

AVG or Avast are fine.

As for this avast is said to have more errors and I have been with Norton all my life... No errors ever before
  • Chief12 said:

gdog said:

Intimate said:

AVG or Avast are fine.

As for this avast is said to have more errors and I have been with Norton all my life... No errors ever before
    Norton is a paid program. Stop paying and see what you get lol.