Farm and Livestock Question

Sorry im still newbie about this last new feature but i cant find the answer in wiki and other discussion.
I want to ask about:
1. Okay now i got it when i need to wait 30hours for a tomato to grow in quality soil, but i wanna ask how many hours actually a soil run dry? Because i worried so much about it, i dont want my plants wither.
2. And how to make cow bigger/mature state? and how ppl get milk? Is something wrong with my setting? Did i need grass and water in the realm for the cow?

Comments

• b3achyb3achy Member
    Water your plants every 24 hours (or less). They will look dry around 12 hours, I think (they did a lot of switching of the timing, so not sure what it ended up with), but you only have to water them once every 24 hours even if the soil looks dry (so twice for tomatoes as you water them when you plant the seed and water again 24 hours later). I typically would water my crops when they looked dry, even if that meant I'd have to water them three times before they were grown...just to be sure I didn't lose crops when I had to manually water them.

Cows will grow on their own. They don't need grass or water or to be fed. They do tend to like to get stuck in holes (or water features), so it's good to fence them into a certain area of your farm. It takes quite a while before a cow will give milk (they have to be fully grown)...know it's more than a few days, but don't remember how long it takes for them to be fully grown (couple weeks, maybe?).

Once they are fully grown, you will need an empty milk jug to get milk from them (purchased in the farm section of the cubits/recubes store). At a certain point, they will stand there with a full milk jug swirling over their head (to me, it looks like one of their ears is flapping about). You have to stand next to them with the empty jug in your inventory for them to 'fill it'. Some people build pens to trap/capture them so they are standing right next to you when the milk jug starts spinning. I sometimes will trap them, and then go do something else in RL for about 5-10 minutes, and when I get back, I have full milk jugs in my inventory. They only give milk once a day.
  • b3achy said:

Water your plants every 24 hours (or less). They will look dry around 12 hours, I think (they did a lot of switching of the timing, so not sure what it ended up with), but you only have to water them once every 24 hours even if the soil looks dry (so twice for tomatoes as you water them when you plant the seed and water again 24 hours later). I typically would water my crops when they looked dry, even if that meant I'd have to water them three times before they were grown...just to be sure I didn't lose crops when I had to manually water them.

Cows will grow on their own. They don't need grass or water or to be fed. They do tend to like to get stuck in holes (or water features), so it's good to fence them into a certain area of your farm. It takes quite a while before a cow will give milk (they have to be fully grown)...know it's more than a few days, but don't remember how long it takes for them to be fully grown (couple weeks, maybe?).

Once they are fully grown, you will need an empty milk jug to get milk from them (purchased in the farm section of the cubits/recubes store). At a certain point, they will stand there with a full milk jug swirling over their head (to me, it looks like one of their ears is flapping about). You have to stand next to them with the empty jug in your inventory for them to 'fill it'. Some people build pens to trap/capture them so they are standing right next to you when the milk jug starts spinning. I sometimes will trap them, and then go do something else in RL for about 5-10 minutes, and when I get back, I have full milk jugs in my inventory. They only give milk once a day.

Wow thankyou for your long write, i really appreciate it >,<
    and is there a way to make my cow out from the hole? is half dirt can help?
  • AejeongEonAejeongEon Member
    edited May 2018
    LiteRary said:

No, just get out of room/realm and it will re-born above the box back. l guess it was just like 5 or 30 minutes.

Oh okay i just realized that, thankyou >,<
    Oh yes @b3achy how many hours corn grow until it ready to be harvested?