Space's Great Puzzle

DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
edited May 2018 in Community
So overall, it was pretty great. The mushrooms were quite priceless, and the thinking behind it was great. But the maze at the end did not seem really fair. For starters, you should always be able to see yourself in a maze (considering the first ones were paper and pen). The little big maze was fun, but this one was literally not visable. I think the end should have been a little easier. If there are drops in it, we should see, if there were no drops, it probably should have been fine. It's not that I give up easily, it just took far too much time. Thoughts?

Comments

• AroeAroe Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m in light agreement.

[WARNING]: The following comment may contain small spoilers about the current Event.

The first puzzle was tricky, as I still don’t understand why the password was what it was, and only figured it out thanks to a very intelligent Qbee.

The house task was much more simpler, and I definitely loved the little brain teaser and flower path that followed it.

The room with the dice was very challenging, and I was only able to, again, pass by with the help of my fellow Qbees.

However, the dark maze was a complete nutshell. For some reason, I kept getting bursts of paranoia and anxiety every time I rounded a corner, as my fate hung in the balance of chance and pure luck. I attempted it several times, getting farther with each try, but only resulted in being lost, confused, and even scared!

Overall, I liked half of the Event and would rate it a good 7/10 in terms of creativity, neatness, and the time taken for Space to construct it.

However, I would really love for the next Official Event to be less advanced, as it would benefit not only me, but also new players hoping to try their shot at winning a prize.
  • I have to agree with you guys, everyone I get farther and farther I feel more nervous and anxious of me falling and looking all the progress. The puzzle were nice and clever, they were well creative. But the maze >.>. I couldn't see my myself which for starters didn't help. And only 2 people so far have beaten it. I know there's a way or others on how to do it. I just wish it was lit up at least a little bit. At some parts. Like Aroe said i really want other qbees (and me) to have a little fun. It was stressful and just gave up.
  • The maze is hell
  • A maze isn't a puzzle if you're not even allowed to see.
  • Yeah... I also don't think this was a great event. The puzzles were very hard and some people took it upon themselves to guide people to the end, which was amazing. Even with the help of these people I still didn't finish.

The "maze" is utterly ridiculous.
    It stops being a maze, and becomes a grasp at straws in the dark, when you literally cannot see anything besides your player tag. I think the maze part ruined the event for most of us.
  • Its a guessing game
  • Its a guessing game

That's a good way to describe it.
    A lot of the riddles were really vague.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2018
    okay so firstly this puzzle event was created as an opportunity to make a slightly harder event than the previous ones as many people complained they were all very simple (which is due to being playable by players of all skill levels) so although some of the puzzle information was vague it was defiantly enough to work them out with a bit of thinking.
    The maze however is much harder than i intended it to be so i have adding some lights.
  • I spent 2 hours in the last part and still couldn't complete it :Q:
  • I rate this event a ten out of ten now that there are lights added to the maze :D! To label a blind maze hard is incorrect, it is blind luck of finding ones way especially when not knowing which direction they should be headed for lol.
  • With the lights, the maze became possible. I quite enjoyed being able to see. Thanks Space.
    #LetThereBeLight
  • To be honest i liked the event but the only problem i faced at the end is me not knowing which direction i’m walking. Cause it’s all pitch black you don’t even know if you’re walking. I finished it now cause Space added lights. As Grey said foggy is definitely better
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    here is a trick when navigating a blind maze... don't move the camera angles!!!
    You can pan up so you can look straight above your character, but other then that just do not touch your camera settings.
    That way, even in total blackness, you get a better sense of direction.
  • Wands helped with the knowing if you were moving or not but even that didn't help me I think it made things worse for me lol.
  • I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I MANAGED TO COMPLETE IT.
    ITS A NIGHTMARE
  • barbara_wbarbara_w Member
    edited May 2018

I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I MANAGED TO COMPLETE IT.
    ITS A NIGHTMARE

Sameexd
    Also I had to go off than I relogged and the realm kicked me out now I have to do everything from the beginning ;-; #sadmomentsinmalife xD

• edited May 2018
    barbara_w said:

ITS A NIGHTMARE

Sameexd
    Also I got to go off than I relog and the realm kicked me out now I have to do everything from the beginning ;-;

What was space fetus thinking when he made that thing???? ;-;
  • barbara_w said:

ITS A NIGHTMARE

Sameexd
    Also I got to go off than I relog and the realm kicked me out now I have to do everything from the beginning ;-;

What was space fetus thinking when he made that thing???? ;-;

Kill our brains and time xD
  • i dont think it was space fault that i got kicked out cuz it does work if you relog and continue the maze but anyways hard maze indeed :*