Can admins change a persons first warning in forums to exactly that! Rather a flag posted publicly?

*MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
edited April 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
Apparently i have a mild warning now for multiple postings.
I can only assume this was due to my asking different people if they knew anything about the bunnyzilla tokens.
I had assumed that rule pertained to posts u make, such as i am here, not to conversations held within the posts in an attempt to gain answers.
I was NOT aware that asking different players the same question in hopes one would know the answer was considered a violation of the multiple post rule.
And now, with that flag, i feel like a criminal. IT certainly looks very bad.
I think someone should have spoken to me first before applying a publicly viewable warning next to my name that everyone can see should i speak on the forums.
It kinda feels like a betrayal in a way......
A punishment for something i didn't even know i was doing.......
I'm really very upset by this....

Comments

• CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Only forum moderators and yourself can see your warnings. No one would even know that you had a warning, if you didn't post about it. Simply review the forum rules and you won't have any issues in the future.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Discussion Closed...
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited April 2016
    The discussion is not closed Yakroo, and i don't appreciate the comment.
    Thank you Cortana for clarifying only I and mods can see the warnings.
    -------->So am i to assume the warning stands? Even though the forum rules were misunderstood? It says no spamming... I didnt spam.
    I did ask few different folks i was chatting with the same question as i hadn't received an answer yet when my brain thought maybe they'd know, so ask.... But i did not make multiple posts. Simply chatted some people, in an attempt to gain an answer.
    Is this really a violation of the forum rules? And yes i did just read them again!!! So i'm honestly asking...

And just to restate this, i am honestly asking. If it's wrong, if i did wrong, even unknowingly, then i apologize. Just trying to be sure i have the straight of it so i don't have issues in the future. Honestly.
    And Yakroo, sorry if i snapped a little at you. I'm having a horrible day, and seeing this on my profile, when i honestly wasn't aware of any wrong-doing didn't help. So my apologies. I'll just go crawl under a rock for a while. Thanks.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    The "mild" tag is used for first violations and does not count towards a ban, it is merely an informative alert. The warning however will still stand as the rules were broken, it is an indicator for both the moderators and the user that you were informed on a specific point from the forum rules.

Mutli-posting, or in other words posting multiple comments in a row, is basically this:

User1 - Hi!
    User1 - I have some items to sell.
    User1 - A bunny, and some other stuff.
    User2 - Oh nice!

As you can see, the first user could have merged his reply into one:

User1 - Hi! I have some items to sell. A bunny, and some other stuff.
    User2 - Oh nice!

It's there to prevent spam and forum flooding.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Its Ok Bess No Harm Done :)
    But Next Time Try To Pm A Mod If U Got A Warning Cuz They R All Nice And Understanding, Dont Rush Discussions That Makes U, Mods Or Anyone Else Look Bad >_>
  • MeowityMeowity CaliforniaMember
    Cortana said:

Only forum moderators and yourself can see your warnings. No one would even know that you had a warning, if you didn't post about it. Simply review the forum rules and you won't have any issues in the future.

Just a suggestion but it might help to notify those who get warnings, when they do, that they are not public. I know we can search old posts but it seems most will automatically assume they are public because there is nothing informing them otherwise. I don't think they would be making this public if they actually knew.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Going to close this before replies get out of hand and offends somebody.

If you are still dissatisfied with the answers given and still wish to discuss this, feel free to Private message me in regards.

And just so that you are aware. Multi posts are "merged & removed" by the moderators.
    The text within the multi post is placed within the prior post, and the multi post is then deleted.

I Will leave the multi posts above, just as an example.

But here is one small tip;
    Each post you make has an edit function.
This discussion has been closed.