SUGGESTION: Two step verification when logging into CC from a new device or IP.

To prevent scamming and stealing accounts, there should be two step verification. Basically, when you sign in from a new IP address or a new device, you will have to go to your email (that you used to sign - up), get a verification code, and enter it in the CC application. This would help prevent the 'free cubits' website scamming, because they wouldn't be able to access your account unless they somehow had your email password.

I won't add a poll as too many players vote without giving reasons, so please vote with +1 / -1 in the comments with your reason.

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Comments

• AllunarAllunar Member
    edited April 2018
    Basically Steam Guard for CC? Well perhaps, I guess it could work. From an uniformed view on the info on it. +1
  • +1
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited April 2018
    I would support this as well, and it would certainly help with the multitudes of scam reports gotten from password mishaps. Only downside would be the patience needed, but how long could it take to get an email? So, provided the email comes quickly and isn't the kind that takes 2 days before FINALLY arriving in your inbox, this would be great. +1
  • HeybsHeybs Member
    -1 it will be hard tho

btw if they stole your account it will be linked at their main account
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Too much to ask for a lot of people. Especially younger players. It would likely deter a lot of people and hurt growth of the game. Services like steam has it yeah but not many games have it for this reason. It's also an annoyance that will annoy the many and help very few people.
    It's easy don't fall for obvious scam websites or give your password to people.
  • gdog said:

Too much to ask for a lot of people. Especially younger players. It would likely deter a lot of people and hurt growth of the game. Services like steam has it yeah but not many games have it for this reason. It's also an annoyance that will annoy the many and help very few people.

What about if it was optional?

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Kirodashi said:

gdog said:

What about if it was optional?

Wouldn't work. The people who fall for fake cubit websites/have weak passwords would be the last people who would opt into 2 step verification.
  • It wouldn’t hurt for it to be optional which was what I was thinking of but Gdog makes a fair point.