SUGGESTION: Ability to search realms by owner rather than name.

KirodashiKirodashi Member
edited April 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
Many times I'll remember a shop or realm by its owner rather than its name, and often, shop owners don't name their shop after themselves. This feature would be useful to find realms when you know the owner but not the name.

If the suggestion was implemented, under the 'Search For Another Realm' feature in the Lobby, there would also be 'Search For Another Realm by Owner'.

Edit: (suggestion by Ed)
Only realms set to ‘anyone can access’ are searchable by owner.

Please leave feedback, as well as possible ways to improve the idea. <3

Comments

• Yes! +1.
  • say space_fetus was making a secret event, someone could easily type in Space_fetus in the lobby and have a half-decent guess at whats coming.
  • 'ForgetMeNot''ForgetMeNot' Member
    edited April 2018
    My friend Bacon jr, has a realm i cant search for some reason

So +1
  • MedicationsMedications Member
    edited April 2018
    *Zoddy* said:

say space_fetus was making a secret event, someone could easily type in Space_fetus in the lobby and have a half-decent guess at whats coming.

Im sure he locks the room when he's building, But yea it could spoil things.

What if the Realm name will not show in the lobby bumper if the realm is locked?

+1
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited April 2018
    +1 You could search for pen's in the lobby! That would be incredible lol
  • +1
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    +1 Also maybe it could only show public realms? That way we can still have some privacy when it comes to event realms.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Some realms I don't want people to find.
    So unless there is an opt in feature then it's a -1 from me.
    I do like the idea but there are some downsides.
  • gdog said:

Some realms I don't want people to find.
    So unless there is an opt in feature then it's a -1 from me.
    I do like the idea but there are some downsides.

An idea that @Ed suggested above you would work:
    Ed said:

+1 Also maybe it could only show public realms? That way we can still have some privacy when it comes to event realms.

• id have been better as G said, if u dont want people to join the realm?maybe you can
    make a settings menu for this, so you can disable this option for your realms
    or it would also be cool ( almost the same) to type the owner's name and all his realms
    show up!or maybe you can disable in some realms this option, that people wil find the realn and it just wont show up for them like the realm doesnt exist
  • $!zzY$ said:

id have been better as G said, if u dont want people to join the realm?maybe you can
    make a settings menu for this, so you can disable this option for your realms
    or it would also be cool ( almost the same) to type the owner's name and all his realms
    show up!or maybe you can disable in some realms this option, that people wil find the realn and it just wont show up for them like the realm doesnt exist

Ed said:

• +10
    sometimes we can't find certain realms even by searching its exact name...
    this suggestion might fix this OLD problem
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Maybe in the realm settings there can be a option to not be included in this.
  • U said:

Maybe in the realm settings there can be a option to not be included in this.

It’s included that if your realm is locked your realm can’t be searched by name
  • Indeed this would make navigation significantly easier however it needs to be optional.

+1 under the circumstances it is optional.
  • Bump! Keep in mind it's optional to be included in name searches, as only realms set to Anyone Can Access are searchable by name <3