Auto-Planting Tractor

JuIiusJuIius Member
edited April 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
A while ago, I had the Idea that the tractor should be able to plant seeds. I had basically forgotten about it, then @BJDware reminded me of it. Since farming can be a little bit boring, and the people who have max farms, with tractors just don't feel like placing 2.5k seeds which don't even give any xp, which is kinda sad. Maybe we should have an option on the tractor to make it place seeds, (which is very realistic) while harvesting crops, or after. Or we could get a new tractor entirely.
What do you think about this? @SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Comments

• HeybsHeybs Member
    -1 hmmmmm. so unfair to newbies in farming
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited April 2018
    If it's super expensive, it's a reasonable idea. Would be nice to have something else to work to after basically finishing the farming aspect of the game.
  • +1 are good idea because i wast 10 min of my life to re-plant 2.5k of seeds every 5 days ;-;
  • lucaaa795 said:

+1 if its made a high-tier item which would require perk and cost a ton of recubes

Yeah that would be good. Maybe it would be like the 1k cubit perk, and only be available on max level farming.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    For 500k recubes sure.
  • I think the upgrade should cost 100k rc or something
  • Bump!
  • +1. Real tractors do this anyway, FYI to the naysayers
  • heybs said:

The new players do not have tractors either @heybs
  • heybs said:

The new players do not have tractors either @heybs
    That is true too. It’s silly to dislike an idea because it won’t be fair to new players, because they are meant to work up to things like tractors and sprinklers.
  • +1 if unfair to newbies then why have sprinklers have to work up to
    edited April 2018
    heybs said:

How do you see this as a problem? Everyone starts somewhere, and you work your way up. Of course you don't have any good farming gear when you've just started; like in every video game ever, you start as a noob and work your way up to higher-tier gear. I don't see how this is "unfair to newbies" as they won't be newbies forever. Eventually, if you work enough, you can be swimming in Recubes. I was originally against this idea because it would be so easy to farm Recubes, but I suppose it would work if the planter upgrade was incredibly expensive, and more or less a professional farmer's item. Also, farming isn't a competitive sport, there is no "advantage" one player can have over a new player. Like I said, literally anyone can get there. Also, yes sprinklers are a lot of work to get to, but once you reach them, farming becomes rather boring. Would be nice to have high-tier stuff :)
  • KirodashiKirodashi Member
    edited April 2018
    JackFury said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

+1 if unfair to newbies then why have sprinklers have to work up to

Do you legitimately see this as a problem? Everyone starts somewhere, and you work your way up. Obviously you don't have any good farming gear when you've just started; like in literally every video game ever invented, you start as a noob and work your way up to higher-tier gear. I don't see how this is "unfair to newbies" as they won't be newbies forever. Eventually, if you work enough, you can be swimming in Recubes. I was originally against this idea because it would be so easy to farm Recubes, but I suppose it would work if the planter upgrade was incredibly expensive, and more or less a professional farmer's item. Also, farming isn't a competitive sport, there is no "advantage" one player can have over a new player. Like I said, literally anyone can get there.
    You misunderstood. Pretty sure he meant ' +1, if it is unfair to newbies, then why are there things like sprinklers that we have to work up to?"
  • @Kirodashi He made a comment a bit earlier in the discussion saying it's unfair to newbies. I did not misunderstand
  • KirodashiKirodashi Member
    edited April 2018
    JackFury said:

@Kirodashi He made a comment a bit earlier in the discussion saying it's unfair to newbies. I did not misunderstand

um if you read the thread he didn't make any other comments. maybe you meant heybs.
    How about 200k recubes then? I would be fine with that.
    edited April 2018
    Kirodashi said:

JackFury said:

@Kirodashi He made a comment a bit earlier in the discussion saying it's unfair to newbies. I did not misunderstand

um if you read the thread he didn't make any other comments. maybe you meant heybs.
    Crud I quoted the wrong person. I meant Heybs, not Sir Fox. Wrong person. Heybs was the person who thought it was "unfair to newbies"
  • JackFury said:

Kirodashi said:

JackFury said:

Crud I quoted the wrong person. I meant Heybs, not Sir Fox. Wrong person. Heybs was the person who thought it was "unfair to newbies"
    ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding
  • U said:

How about 200k recubes then? I would be fine with that.

Actually that just gave me an idea U. Maybe you could purchase a full size tractor, with a disc harrow attatched on the back, for 250k rc. If you were to plant seeds with your tractor, you could access the tractor or something, put in seeds, and drive over soil. (I attached a picture of one below) @SirKewberth
  • 250k seems a lot for something that essentially does something about as useful as the original tractor. 25K is more fair because it matches the price, and they each do half the work.
  • Kirodashi said:

250k seems a lot for something that essentially does something about as useful as the original tractor. 25K is more fair because it matches the price, and they each do half the work.

Yeah that could work. It would be kinda nice to be able to plant during harvesting.

Kirodashi said:

250k seems a lot for something that essentially does something about as useful as the original tractor. 25K is more fair because it matches the price, and they each do half the work.

Yeah that could work. It would be kinda nice to be able to plant during harvesting.
    I was aggainst this because it makes farming easy. You just have to use accelos and never will have touch your keyboard again while farming. That’s why I said 250k recubes because then you have to actually work for it.
  • If planting seeds gave xp, I would be fine with having to plant all of them. But placing 2.5k of something that gives you no xp, it is just not worth it.
  • U said:

Kirodashi said:

I was aggainst this because it makes farming easy. You just have to use accelos and never will have touch your keyboard again while farming. That’s why I said 250k recubes because then you have to actually work for it.
    Tractors already make farming easy. I feel they should be the same price, 25k each, if they are doing the same amount of work. One breaks, one places. And imo 25k is already hard enough to reach. If it is 250k, it'll take an insanely long amount of time. The highest that it could be imo is 50k.
  • Kirodashi said:

U said:

Kirodashi said:

Tractors already make farming easy. I feel they should be the same price, 25k each, if they are doing the same amount of work. One breaks, one places. And imo 25k is already hard enough to reach. If it is 250k, it'll take an insanely long amount of time. The highest that it could be imo is 50k.
    One full 2.5k soil wheat harvest is like 27k rc. subtract seed price, and you already have like 20 or 19k rc from that. Growing corn, you earn about 3k more. It would not take long to get it if it was 200k rc.
  • we need like an upgraded tractor that cost like 100k recubes and can do both planting and farming. +1.
    and we need more farming items
  • Bump!
  • +1 but It will not be unfair if the price will cost 500k :D because even im max i got about 30-45 min planting 2.5k seedsif it will be made, I can just put it in one realm for about 3-5 min so maybe we can plant the crops for 15-25 min only :) + no more click pain and just move your car on the soils :D
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited April 2018
    If only it would be added ;-;
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    for 50k recubes.