Can the egg visibility radius be increased?

KirodashiKirodashi Member
edited March 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
It is so frustrating finding eggs. I have actually found eggs without even realizing it. I think it's kind of ridiculous for it to only be about 1 1/2 block. A lot of people don't even want to participate in egg-hunting anymore because of this. My idea is that the visibility area be increased to 5 blocks around the egg. Egg hunting should be fun, and now it just seems like looking for a needle in a haystack...

I've attached a poll down below, please vote if you want this to be added or not.

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Comments

• ye kinda hard and annoying sometimes, but hey! That's the point of this xd anyway, it should get a bit bigger indeed
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I got 8000 eggs the first year, and 2000 the second. This year I have only gotten eggs from my realms that I glasses in previous years because of how dumb this is. It was meant for cheaters, and now people are figuring out how to make them visible again.
  • People who are the cheaters have already found a work around the newly implemented rule while the honest players are being brutally punished. It is a very reasonable request to expand the egg radius. We are not asking for it to be removed just simply expanded. I love hunting for the eggs but as stated it is not really hunting as of current. I more often fall on eggs before I realize it because of the limited radius. I think the Pow gifts should be something that is worked for and even if the egg radius was expanded a bit it would still require work. Many people who have school and work are being excluded from this due to not having the man hours required to hunt eggs.
  • edited March 2018
    Kirodashi said:

A lot of people don't even want to participate in egg-hunting anymore because of this.

i stopped because of it, i was like yay! egg hunting then i opened the game and thought it wasn't there till the next day i realized the visibility radius.
    Kirodashi said:

I have actually found eggs without even realizing it.

SAME! i only have 1 egg now, but i didn't even realize i got it till after i left the mine and went to put the resources i mined in my storage.

• People who are the cheaters have already found a work around the newly implemented rule while the honest players are being brutally punished. It is a very reasonable request to expand the egg radius. We are not asking for it to be removed just simply expanded. I love hunting for the eggs but as stated it is not really hunting as of current. I more often fall on eggs before I realize it because of the limited radius. I think the Pow gifts should be something that is worked for and even if the egg radius was expanded a bit it would still require work. Many people who have school and work are being excluded from this due to not having the man hours required to hunt eggs.

I agree. The only people benefiting this year are the cheaters. This year, eggs are harder to find, and tradable. This means they have a high value. Cheaters can easily find many eggs and profit off of them.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Yeah I hear people are altering their texture packs to make things visible.
    So they can see eggs from any distance.
    So I think it's time to rid the non-visibility of eggs at a distance.
    I'm guessing as it's local files that are being changed that this method is also undetectable.
    So would make it impossible to police.
    It hasn't worked and people have found a work around.
    It's only punishing good players who won't do such things to their game files.
    So to make it fair to all let's just remove it.
    Then we all get a fair playing field for end of the egg hunt.
  • Indeed -_- I spent six hours yesterday to make one pow and it makes me cry a bit inside I volunteer to help others make pows because they don't have time lol.
  • I would also rather have it be completely visible than not. I attempted to hunt for some eggs earlier today but I had to leave after my first one which is rather upsetting. Was hoping to get more in that time period of about half hour but found more disappointment than eggs.

Like it’s already been said, it does not seem to be preventing those who cheat to find the eggs but rather it’s sort of taking the fun away due to it’s tedious nature for other players. I understand that it allows it to be more challenging but at this point, it’s just an unnecessary amount of manual labor.

If it can’t or won’t be made completely visible, I’d still appreciate if the visibility radius was increased. Either way, it would make the experience more fun, at least in my opinion.
  • Please please please! The one and a half block radius is just rewarding cheaters not stopping them!
  • Pretty much if someone is selling eggs in mass they are probably a cheater cheater pumpkin eater or has a supplier who is a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. I seen some individuals selling absurd amounts of eggs and it is like hmm....lol.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Pretty much if someone is selling eggs in mass they are probably a cheater cheater pumpkin eater or has a supplier who is a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. I seen some individuals selling absurd amounts of eggs and it is like hmm....lol.

Yeah I noticed this, some people with influence, not naming names, using this influence to get qbees to gather eggs in large quantities for them just to sell them on for their own greedy and considerably high profit, it's kinda sad.
  • gdog said:

Yeah I hear people are altering their texture packs to make things visible.
    So they can see eggs from any distance.
    So I think it's time to rid the non-visibility of eggs at a distance.
    I'm guessing as it's local files that are being changed that this method is also undetectable.
    So would make it impossible to police.
    It hasn't worked and people have found a work around.
    It's only punishing good players who won't do such things to their game files.
    So to make it fair to all let's just remove it.
    Then we all get a fair playing field for end of the egg hunt.

@SirKewberth Please address this issue.. It was more fair when u could just walk into a mine and see them outright. Though we players do appreciate the efforts to help this year. Its insane really how many kids know how to do that type of stuff...