Books and Register Denial Sound

SteamingFireSteamingFire Member
edited April 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
Books
--------
In order to a) make a new suggestion b) bump my older suggestion and c) recycle threads all at once, I am, well, going to recycle this thread!

Books in cubic castles right now are very limited. There's 4 colors, which is great (except that i want a classic brown leather), but all the books have are titles--and only then if placed. So...
1) Let us write in books. Even just 5 pages or so of 100 characters per page is good enough.
2) Let us name books without placing them (so they have titles even when in your inventory)
3) Let the first page (or last page) in every book show the original author's name (and maybe update the name when the author changes his name)
4) Let only the original author edit the books.

Aaand... that's it, i guess. Below is my older suggestion.

--------
Register Denial Sound
--------

This might help with scams a little bit. If someone clicks "deny" on a register, do NOT play the "accept" sound, play a different, distinct "deny" sound please.

Comments

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    The sound is not going to make much difference if they just click the accept button in the confirmation window without checking what's on it.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    This really needs to be a thing, If you hit accept and then cancel at the confirmation screen the cash reg sound still happens, people do this to pretend they just payed you, and it would seem as though they did unless you are watching your exact cubit count, BE CAREFUL everyone.
  • Bump, i added a suggestion

Books in cubic castles right now are very limited. There's 4 colors, which is great (except that i want a classic brown leather), but all the books have are titles--and only then if placed. So...
    1) Let us write in books. Even just 5 pages or so of 100 characters per page is good enough.
    2) Let us name books without placing them (so they have titles even when in your inventory)
    3) Let the first page (or last page) in every book show the original author's name (and maybe update the name when the author changes his name)
    4) Let only the original author edit the books.

First of all.... there is a classic brown leather book.
    I do like the idea of writing larger pieces of text and adding a custom tittle.
  • scorto7 said:

Isn't that red?
    scorto7 said:

I do like the idea of writing larger pieces of text and adding a custom tittle.

*thumbs up*

scorto7 said:

Isn't that red?
    Nope... clearly brown
  • scorto7 said:

Nope... clearly brown

In the game, it looks even more red.

As you can see in this little screenshot...
    book is brown
    Clearly brown.

The other books are green, blue and purple(i think).
  • scorto7 said:

Clearly brown.

I'm sorry, but I'm seeing three different shades. And the red book does not fall in between the brown shades of the sign and the crate, if that was what you were trying to say.

edited April 2016
    Used this website to check: http://www.colorhexa.com/
    And the tool Pixie (color picker)
    ● #632800 color description : Very dark orange [Brown tone].
    ● #602700 color description : Very dark orange [Brown tone].
    ● #592400 color description : Very dark orange [Brown tone].
    ● #552200 color description : Very dark orange [Brown tone].

Those are the colors of the book.
  • scorto7 said:

Those are the colors of the book.

Congrats. But that means we're both wrong (unless you are going to say "brown tone means brown =P)
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Why does that matter?
    As for the register denial sound, it would be useful if you were doing something like a pdc.
  • Why does that matter?

We at some point just wanted to argue for the sake of our own colorblindness >.>