New computer

So, I have been building this PC for a while, the processor alone is 1k. Some of the other parts are around 500-600 dollars, and this PC is going to cost me around 3-4k, do you think it's worth it..?

Comments

• punkspunks Member
    Well, I have 3 GTX 1080 Ti's. Aswell as 16 gigs of ram, and the processor is overclocked, and the rest is still in it's deciding phase.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    You have 3 1080ti lol.
    What even is the point of 3 cards that powerful?
    Nvidia doesnt even support sli with more than 2 cards.

• punkspunks Member
    Well, one of em I am giving to my brother, as the PC I am on now is going down to him.
  • That is practically overkill and like gdog said, most of them don’t support more than 2-way sli bridge. And just having one 1080Ti is overkill as of now but 3 is definitely unnecessary. You can however earn quite a bit by selling at least one of those GPU, unless you’re trying to mine for bitcoins which imo is definitely not worth it.
    As for the budget, wow, that’s a large sum for building a new pc. You could make a beast pc with that with dual monitor setup. Don’t spend it to buy unnecessary parts just so that you can have a lot of unused resources.
    16gb of ram is the most you’ll probably ever need, especially if it’s DDR4 based system. Focus on optimizing it, including a good (possibly liquid) radiator for your overclocked cpu and a good cooling system. You can do many things with that much budget and highly doubt you even need all of that sum of money to build a really good system.
  • punkspunks Member
    Well, as of new I plan on saving for dual monitor. I have all the parts ordered, and I bought one of the TI's then won one from a giveaway, then I ended up finding one for cheap so snagged it.