Fake Money in Register

SteamingFireSteamingFire Member
edited April 2016 in Bug Reports
This is a notice to the entire community: I just ran a PAB (pick a block) event worth around 6k, with the intent to give away good items for very cheap entry. However, sometime halfway through the game, I noticed that despite about 10 blocks being chosen, I had only earned the worth of 2--the only 2 people who actually paid. Everyone else hacked fake money. The money WAS shown in the register and showed after I clicked "Accept"; however I received nothing. Please note that if you are going to sell anything in any way, I suggest you accept payment first, then re-open the register to give your customer your items. Otherwise, you will be scammed (well, then there's the problem of "sellers" scamming by taking money without ever giving the item... it's just a mess @.@ NO ONE DO ANY SORT OF TRADING WITH ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW).

Comments

•  Thanh_ Thanh_ Somewhere near 16°28'30.0"N 107°36'07.2"E at the South East AsiaMember
    I think they are only denying the trade when the trade confirming thing come up so you dont receive the cubits
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Yes, people try this on with me (their mistake) Sometimes when a reg is exited the 'ch-ching' noise still happens, be VERY careful, watch your cubits when you are doing a transaction.
  • The funny thing is, my cubits did go up to 1k at some point, which is why I didn't bother to check again. After that though, the same two people were "paying" me and my cubits went down again after that. Also, the register didn't only cha-ching "sometimes", it cha-chinged after every transaction.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    The only time this really becomes a problem is during Pick-the-Blocks or games like it where they pay for a service rather than an item.
    When selling something in a shop, it's fairly obvious when they declined because you get your item back.
    I don't really think anything needs to be done to change this because PDB games usually involve risks anyway. I would just say be cautious when you run a game. Watch your cubits and make sure everyone is paying you.
  • They could, at the very least, create a "declined register" sound.
    Also please note that I mentioned that my cubits Did go up briefly, and then back down as if the system itself was confused.
  • U should be careful becz some people accept first time and second time they don't accept that's y u don't get c. This is like a scam. (scamming thehost) and get the prize.
  • What i wanted to happen in a scammaway:
    Scammer: hey pay here 200c and choose a block
    payer: ok
    *puts 200c*
    *declines accidentaly*
    *scammer wont got the c*
    Scammer: muahauahau you have been scammed >:) *bans*
    Payer: oh no i lo... Wait i pressed decline accidentaly :D
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

The only time this really becomes a problem is during Pick-the-Blocks or games like it where they pay for a service rather than an item.
    When selling something in a shop, it's fairly obvious when they declined because you get your item back.
    I don't really think anything needs to be done to change this because PDB games usually involve risks anyway. I would just say be cautious when you run a game. Watch your cubits and make sure everyone is paying you.

Actually, My treasure hunt game (which is quite popular) is run this way :) Of course players should ALWAYS be careful when they pay first and get reward later, I am lucky enough to be trusted in this regard, but some players take advantage, I have had 3 separate occasions where players have tried to pretend to pay, the first I didn't realize until he had played 3 or 4 times, I was not happy to say the least.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Siddd said:

Actually, My treasure hunt game (which is quite popular) is run this way :) Of course players should ALWAYS be careful when they pay first and get reward later, I am lucky enough to be trusted in this regard, but some players take advantage, I have had 3 separate occasions where players have tried to pretend to pay, the first I didn't realize until he had played 3 or 4 times, I was not happy to say the least.
    I didn't mean to imply that this only happens in scams. I know there are plenty of honest qbees that do PDCs and similar games. What I meant was it usually only goes unnoticed in these situations, fair or not, because they inherently require multiple transactions.
    I'm not bashing, I promise. I loved your Treasure Hunt XD
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    If Ur Doing PDC Try Putting A Food Bumper So If Someones Want To Play, U Will Know They Paid If They Get A Warp Crunch. ALSO Make Sure The Food Bumper Cant Be Bumped(By Slamming Or By Wand)

Ur Welcome ツ
  • Yakroo said:

If Ur Doing PDC Try Putting A Food Bumper So If Someones Want To Play, U Will Know They Paid If They Get A Warp Crunch. ALSO Make Sure The Food Bumper Cant Be Bumped(By Slamming Or By Wand)

Ur Welcome ツ

xD i know. i was trying to do it differently, by having everyone pick a block first and wait on it while i go around with the register. and then everyone has the block opened at about the same time.
    no one listened to the rules though
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

They could, at the very least, create a "declined register" sound.
    Also please note that I mentioned that my cubits Did go up briefly, and then back down as if the system itself was confused.

Honestly, you can avoid this by taking multiple pre-caution. A decline register noise is not very needed, at least for the moment.