Voxenvale - Update Weeks 5 & 6 (Marketplace Progress)

Ed  Ed Game Moderator
edited April 2018 in Community

What the heck is Voxenvale?!?

Decided it's time I'd start my own clan, Voxenvale. If you've known me for a while you are probably aware that I'm all about fantasy. So what are the goals of the clan what can you expect from it? One goal we planned is to create a huge fantasy oriented world for everyone to explore with cities, villages, monsters, and many more, with the capital city as the main hub of the clan and many features such as shops, a marketplace, games, quests and more. You can expect this clan to become more and more active over time and hopefully a place to visit and make new friends.

Cool, how can I join?

For now you will either have to ask a leader to invite you in game or over discord.
The link to our discord is http://discord.io/voxenvale and our current leaders are:
  • Ed
  • o[]xxx[]:::::::::::::> (GreyCoralKing)
  • Space Fetus

Additional info

The current ranks are:
  • Leader
  • Knight
  • Merchant
  • Citizen

Housing

If you're a Voxenvale member and wish to have a home inside the capital city contact Ed. The payment will be done by one or more inside stamps (depending on house) which you will place inside the house. By purchasing a house you will also earn the Citizen rank and will be granted realm setup as well.
Rules
Once you purchase a house you may not change the walls or the size of the room. However you may change the floor of the house with anything resembling a carpet/rug. You may use fadey foam. You will have to respect the medieval fantasy theme of the realm, that meaning you shouldn’t use any items such as TVs, Radio, Phones, etc. Once you finish decorating the room you will have to fill in the missing wall.
Roommates
You may have a roommate even if they are not clan members. However we are not responsible for any loss so be very careful who you invite.
Griefing
Griefing the room may lead to a temporary ban from the game and removal from the clan which revokes all the rights to owning a house in the clan.
Selling the houses
If you don’t wish to use the house anymore for any reason you may sell your house to another Voxenvale member, however you will have to contact a leader before doing so.
Owning multiple houses
You won’t be able to own multiple houses or a house and a shop at the same time. Shops will have their own room for house decorations.

Donations

The realm is now opened for visiting, yet unfinished. If you head over to the town center you will find the bank. There you can donate funds and materials if you wish.

Buying List

We're currently looking to buy the following items:
Pile of logs (50-100c/1)
Sitting logs (50-100c/1)
Stumps (50-100c/1)
Wall plants (150c-200c/1)
Knight helms (300c/1)

Updates

Update - Week 1

• Added new structures: Bridge connecting Voxenvale to the future open world, Tons of houses, Docks and Woodcutting Factory.

• Figured out ranking and roles:
    1. Leader - Responsible for clan updates, builds, events, etc
    2. Knight - Helping the Leader ranks (This rank is not obtainable by purchase, Leaders choose the Knights)
    3. Merchant - Owns a shop in the shop district (To earn this rank you will need few qualifications, ask a Leader if interested in owning a shop)
    4. Citizen - Owns a house in the city (To get this rank you need to purchase a house)
    5. Member - Is part of the clan
  • Owning a house/shop?
    You will be able to purchase your own house inside one of the cities. You will be able to decorate it on the inside but you will have to respect the theme of medieval fantasy and the preset size of the room. (More info soon)
    You will also be able to own a shop. There are few qualifications for owning a shop such as being able to keep your shop stocked and being able to afford your own Vending Machines. If you feel like you meet those qualifications and wish to own a shop contact a Leader. (In progress, more info soon)
  • A huge thanks for everyone supporting the clan so far! You all are amazing.
  • More updates in the upcoming weeks.

Update - Week 2

• Added new structures: Some houses, an Inn and a flower garden
  • Finished work on the town center

Update - Week 3

• Built a lot of new houses and a sewer exit hole

• Assigned some guards around the town

Update - Week 4

• Built insides for most of the available houses and sold some of them to Voxenvale members

Update - Weeks 5 & 6

• Started work on the marketplace and figured out some of the structures

Also from now I will post only important updates here and in the discord news channel. Other than that there will be sneak peaks in the discord server.

Comments

• <3 <3
    Cheers for a wonderful clan experience
  • I will be glad to assist you in joining the clan <3! ^_^ I can't wait until we have a beautiful sprawling world.
  • I would happily like to join the clan :3
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Sad to see that you guys thought that this could not be done with Super Amicorum. You will be missed, and good luck with the endeavour.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I will find you guys to join :o!
  • BJDware said:

Sad to see that you guys thought that this could not be done with Super Amicorum. You will be missed, and good luck with the endeavour.

I know, I'm torn. I joined Super Amicorum because I thought that this is where it was headed, but I'm interested in maybe jumping to Voxendale now since I know these folks were some of the more active ones in the clan, and while my life is a bit busy right now, I'd like a clan that's pretty active.

Question...so will the shops, games, etc be personalized separate rooms/realms off the main hub of the capital, and could we personally build out these areas to be linked to the hub? Once my life calms down, I'd like to do some more building (and especially want to work on some game/theme realms - mazes, trivia, story telling/adventure, hide and seek, etc.). I'm not the grand builder like y'all, but would be interested in working on an area or two to add to the mix, I think.
  • I will find you, join, and then appluad you. lol.
  • rip super amicorum
    rip coral crusaders
  • Aj BaryzaAj Baryza Member
    edited February 2018
    looks cool, looking forward for it. ill try to join
  • Looks pretty awesome Ed!

Question tho: What does voxenvale mean/why did u name it Voxenvale?
    But the name is catchy
  • Good question @Bluejay_1 !

Vox means voice, En could be a substitute for and, plus Vale means valley which implies the name would mean Voice and Valley.

Sort of surprised it's not called Voxelvale, which would make sense as Voxel is an element in three dimensional space plus Vale which is a valley. Since it's a clan with a focus on building various rooms/realms, I'd have thought it would be Voxelvale.

I'm curious also as to what is the intended meaning behind the name as it's not what I would have expected. I'm guessing it's a stylized version of what I would have expected.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    b3achy said:

BJDware said:

I know, I'm torn. I joined Super Amicorum because I thought that this is where it was headed, but I'm interested in maybe jumping to Voxendale now since I know these folks were some of the more active ones in the clan, and while my life is a bit busy right now, I'd like a clan that's pretty active.

Question...so will the shops, games, etc be personalized separate rooms/realms off the main hub of the capital, and could we personally build out these areas to be linked to the hub? Once my life calms down, I'd like to do some more building (and especially want to work on some game/theme realms - mazes, trivia, story telling/adventure, hide and seek, etc.). I'm not the grand builder like y'all, but would be interested in working on an area or two to add to the mix, I think.
    We are still in the process of planning so I cant exactly answer now but keep an eye out for updates on the thread or discord.
    Bluejay_1 said:

Looks pretty awesome Ed!

Question tho: What does voxenvale mean/why did u name it Voxenvale?
    But the name is catchy

Vox comes from voxels and the rest is just to give it a fantasy feel.
    BJDware said:

I didnt doubt that this couldnt be done with SA, just wanted a fresh start.

• b3achy said:

Good question @Bluejay_1 !

Vox means voice, En could be a substitute for and, plus Vale means valley which implies the name would mean Voice and Valley.

Sort of surprised it's not called Voxelvale, which would make sense as Voxel is an element in three dimensional space plus Vale which is a valley. Since it's a clan with a focus on building various rooms/realms, I'd have thought it would be Voxelvale.

I'm curious also as to what is the intended meaning behind the name as it's not what I would have expected. I'm guessing it's a stylized version of what I would have expected.

Wow. Now that makes sense Thank you @b3achy
    But maybe with adding a word could it be "voice in the valley"?
  • Sounds great, good luck with the clan, sounds like a good one
  • Sweet! Good luck with the clan Ed! I will start a discord message with you Ed. And can you send the link? I want to join.
  • Sweet! Good luck with the clan Ed! I will start a discord message with you Ed. And can you send the link? I want to join.

The link is in the thread text
  • If Ed does not add you and you want to join just tp or if you are not on my friends list shoot me a message on here to where I will then help you :D!
  • b3achy said:

It has my name in it :0
  • valley said:

b3achy said:

It has my name in it :0
    Welcome to the clan :)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Omg grey your real name ingame is now leaked :0
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Update - Week 1
    • Added new structures: Bridge connecting Voxenvale to the future open world, Tons of houses, Docks and Woodcutting Factory.

• Figured out ranking and roles:
      1. Leader - Responsible for clan updates, builds, events, etc
      2. Knight - Helping the Leader ranks (This rank is not obtainable by purchase, Leaders choose the Knights)
      3. Merchant - Owns a shop in the shop district (To earn this rank you will need few qualifications, ask a Leader if interested in owning a shop)
      4. Citizen - Owns a house in the city (To get this rank you need to purchase a house)
      5. Member - Is part of the clan
    • Owning a house/shop?
      You will be able to purchase your own house inside one of the cities. You will be able to decorate it on the inside but you will have to respect the theme of medieval fantasy and the preset size of the room. (More info soon)
      You will also be able to own a shop. There are few qualifications for owning a shop such as being able to keep your shop stocked and being able to afford your own Vending Machines. If you feel like you meet those qualifications and wish to own a shop contact a Leader. (In progress)
    • A huge thanks for everyone supporting the clan so far! You all are amazing.
    • More updates in the upcoming weeks.
  • The progress that Ed has made on Voxenvale is amazing, I can't wait for it to be finished <3!
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited March 2018
    you mean the progress we made grey all of us together :)

Ed built it all :D
  • Sam wants to join, Ed. Liberated told me so. Let him into this beautiful clan please. :P
  • Wouldn't mind joining if I can! :D
  • Wow thats is awesome O.O
  • Woow! The fantasy journey begins O3O!
  • Do y'all need any building materials? If you provide a list and place to donate, I'd be more than willing to try to gather some as I'm gather materials for my shop.

And would like to switch over to this clan if possible (though right now IRL, I'm a bit swamped...I hope to become a contributing member eventually...I can at least help to get clan XP when I'm on my mining ventures).
  • Those houses will forever annoy me >:(
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    Beautiful. Nice job!