3 months of doing Weekly Parkour Event - Some thoughts and many thanks ♥

CD87CD87 Member
edited February 2018 in Community
Today (The day I posted this) marked the 3-month milestone of Weekly Parkour Event, since race 12 was finished. Though I'd better make this thread while I reach the half-year milestones, this has far exceeded my expectations, and created many unexpected, but pleasant things.

Anyway, all of my thoughts are inside this spoiler. If you hate reading, then just skip this and move on to the next. (It's not really long, but it's your choice)

Weekly Parkour Event (WPE for short) was the 2nd parkour that I nailed the perfect difficulty for a racing parkour (The first one was The Blue Course 2, although it had gone through 4 reworks before becoming the course you play today, while WPE only got 1 rework) It's very easy just to beat the course, but when it comes to being the top 10 in every race, it becomes a real challenge. (In case you don't you, I inserted way more shortcuts here than I did in The Blue Course 2)

One thing I was scared of was that someone (Or some people) might be dominant and win in every race, but this is not the case. Every race, I see different people, different winners. It's not because the experienced players are not interested, I did see many old players and familiar faces in the game, but they're not there consecutively to get a prize every week. Therefore, everyone can have the opportunity of winning the bigger prizes as long as they're good and/or lucky in that race. This is just perfect for a weekly event, in my opinion.

The best of doing this that I found, beside receiving thanks and seeing your happiness when winning, is the random after-race chats. Most players tend to stick around and chat normally about random stuff with random people, and I really enjoy it. After all, Cubic Castles is a social game, I wouldn't play it if there was no "social" elements in it.

It's weird that some players (Especially new players who participated in the event for the first time) asked: 'Are you a mod?" or similar questions. No, I'm not a mod. Whether I'm a mod or not, I will still be doing this because this is something that I like to do. And no, this is purely a voluntary, player-made event created by myself, with the help of other players. You don't have to be a mod to create fun for everyone, you just need the will to do it.

Now, as the title suggests, I want to say thank you to:
+All the friends that helped and supported me in the process of making this.
+All the players that helped and donated to the realm for several races
+Anyone who took part in at least one of these races, and enjoyed it.
+And lastly, the devs and the mods who have helped the game become playable with updates, events and remaining the game's discipline.

Without all of the above, this wouldn't have been here in the first place.

It's been a pleasure doing parkours for everyone's joy, and I will keep doing the same thing this year. (Sounds like a new year resolution, although it's no longer New Year)

Thanks for reading!
@CD87

Comments

• Yas, this event is an opportunity for those people who sometimes cant participate on some official events. Hope more & more parkours to come!