why is my internet connection so slow

edited January 2018 in Off-Topic
i used to be able to watch youtube videos at 1080p 60fps and it wiuld never buffer not even for 1 millisecond EVER. but now, im forced to watch youtube videos on 480p or else it will buffer and buffer every 2 seconds and also it takes like 15 seconds to do a google search and i was downloading some game and it was downloading at like 180kb per second and it took minutes to download a 24mb thing.. help me please im suffering how do i fix this i need help asap pleade

Comments

• Download an app called speedtest by ookla and see what your connectivity is and then if its low contact your internet provider and see if there is a outage in your area
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    is it maybe possible also that the ammount of people using your internet has been increased? or maybe one of the people in the house has a higher internet use like a gaming pc or so?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Your device probably just got old so it’s slower.
  • edited January 2018
    U said:

i just bought this phone like a month ago though

is it maybe possible also that the ammount of people using your internet has been increased? or maybe one of the people in the house has a higher internet use like a gaming pc or so?

im the only one in my house that even uses internet
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

U said:

i just bought this phone like a month ago though

im the only one in my house that even uses internet
    Hmmm thats weird then... maybe look if you can in the subscription that you have as speed and ammount internet?

Or maybe what the first comment said
  • It's also possible you went over the monthly gb amount, did you get message from your provider?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Probably best to contact your service provider. They may be able to shed some light on the issue.
    Pimydd said:

It's also possible you went over the monthly gb amount, did you get message from your provider?

Very plausible.
    Even "unlimited data" connections have a limit. Reach X amount of uploads/downloads, and they slow the connection down.
  • i was just trying to download a thing and it was downloading at 4kb per second... and i tried to upload a 720p picture on 1 forum and its been 10 minutes and it still hasnt uploaded. im in pain