WeslleyWN has won the Halo February 1st drawing will be a Ramm.

Facebook Official Art Contest!

Space_fetusSpace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
in Art 89.80 Karma

The Event
Welcome to the very 1st event of 2018, to kick start the year we are going to begin with an art contest! You may have noticed the facebook page is still running its christmas cover photo and it needs updating!
That's where you come in, design a brand new facebook cover photo that expresses everything you feel cubic castles is as a game, create a cool text banner,some qbees hanging out, use your imagination!
The Dimensions
Optimize your cover photo for the right dimensions: 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall for desktop, 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall for mobile.
So make sure when designing you think about what people are going to see on a variety of devices and make sure your image works with both!
Contest Length
The contest will run all the way to the 31st of the month and judging will take place in the first week of February.
Upload your finished image to the Forums thread for a chance to win.
Prizes
1st place will have their banner displayed for all to see on the facebook as well as 50k!
2nd place 25k
3rd 12.5k

Comments

• HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 9 15.50 Karma
    i join :D
    Can use old painting?
  • MeddMedd Member
    23.25 Karma
    Oooo Art styles!
    Do we have to post it in here or change our covers in facebook?
  • Space_fetusSpace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    89.80 Karma

Can use old painting?

You may use anything as long as it is your own art work and fits the required dimensions.
    Medd said:

Oooo Art styles!

just upload the finished art work to this thread :)
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    15.50 Karma

Can use old painting?

You may use anything as long as it is your own art work and fits the required dimensions.
    Medd said:

Oooo Art styles!

able draw with pencil on paper?
    89.80 Karma

Can use old painting?

Medd said:

Oooo Art styles!

able draw with pencil on paper?

of course although the more professional the finished look the better!
  • Kawaii.CoolzKawaii.Coolz Member
    5.95 Karma
    Is there an age limit to join? Also, do u have to have fb to do this?
  • iCantiWilliCantiWill Member
    60.10 Karma
    Question, my friend loves drawing, she does not play cc, can we both work on the drawing or no?
  • MightyTigrexMightyTigrex Member
    2.85 Karma
    Can I make on paper?
    89.80 Karma

Is there an age limit to join? Also, do u have to have fb to do this?

no age limit and you do not need facebook to enter

Question, my friend loves drawing, she does not play cc, can we both work on the drawing or no?

the problem there will is who is to say she didnt draw the whole thing :P

Can I make on paper?

yes although the more professional the finished look the better!
  • 10.35 Karma
    :O art..... :O :O :O O_o ARRRT!!!!
  • MeddMedd Member
    23.25 Karma
    No cut and paste?
    Paper is kewl *-*
  • 2.85 Karma
    "Optimize your photo for the right dimensions.." You gave two size measurements. Does this mean we need to upload two images, one of each size? Or just one, being considerate of the other?
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember
    edited January 9 46.40 Karma
    woohoo!
    i would probably join
    Edit:Can we make more than 1 entry.
  • -GreyCoralKing--GreyCoralKing- FamiliarMember, Familiar
    78.10 KarmaFamiliar
    Color me surprised what a neat contest, I can sure draw a mean stick figure. Art we glad that this how the new year is starting off!
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    26.85 Karma

"Optimize your photo for the right dimensions.." You gave two size measurements. Does this mean we need to upload two images, one of each size? Or just one, being considerate of the other?

Same question, are we supposed to choose one or the other, or make the dimensions an average of the two?
  • feEteRkeSefeEteRkeSe FamiliarMember, Familiar
    edited January 9 0.35 KarmaFamiliar

JackFury said:

Same question, are we supposed to choose one or the other, or make the dimensions an average of the two?
    we are apparently supposed to upload only 1 picture
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    30.25 Karma

If your pic will be 851x315 then mobile users will see only a portion of it which would be 640x360. So no, you only need one pic. Set the canvas to 851x360 and you should be good to go.
  • Mr.AngeloMr.Angelo Member
    edited January 9 0.65 Karma
    hey moderators if that photo is ok? i made it by GIMP (free photoshop ) ok??
    also posting it here will be ok or there is another place i must post the photo in it :??

I'm new on forums page idk anything sorry...
    Ed said:

If your pic will be 851x315 then mobile users will see only a portion of it which would be 640x360. So no, you only need one pic. Set the canvas to 851x360 and you should be good to go.
    sorry...sir you said 851x360 i think u mean 851 x 315??
    edited January 9 89.80 Karma
    Mr.Angelo said:

Ed said:

sorry...sir you said 851x360 i think u mean 851 x 315??

please edit your posts rather than writing a brand new one unless someone else comments between your posts. Please read the forum rules for more details!
    Ed said:

ed is right the mobile dimensions are just the part of your image that is displayed on mobiles so create the image at the pc size as dimensions are shown but bare in mind the parts mobile users will be able to see :)
  • ComplexityComplexity Member
    0.45 Karma
    OMG YES AN ART CONTEST :O I'L GET STARTED ON THAT RIGHT AWAY remembers exam tommorow* ._. MEH ILL DO IT ON SATURDAY lol :D
  • 17.60 Karma
    ME-in, I missed a tonne of awesome opportunities (including some for drawing), all because of sharing the experience with that one comic about updates.

ANYWAY! Now, where was I? Ah right, drawing for you. I'll be back!
  • Mr.AngeloMr.Angelo Member
    edited January 9 0.65 Karma
    ok guys I'm sorry I'm only a new on forums but i will try that but plzz help me is thats good or i try another thing?? how to remove posts ??
  • FlooksFlooks Member
    edited January 9 21.45 Karma
    How do I know how big my picture is? Im on android btw
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    26.85 Karma
    Flooks said:

How do I know how big my picture is? Im on android btw

If you're using a mobile drawing app, when creating a canvas to draw on you should be able to set the number of pixels it uses as dimensions. If you are not able to do that, get a new app because that sucks xD
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator
    47.10 Karma
    Please leave moderation to the forum staff.
  • *Lacy**Lacy* Member
    0.15 Karma
    It keeps saying "Body is required" when there is a body that can be seen...
    image.jpg 1.5M
  • CrispcatCrispcat Member
    0.70 Karma
    Do you need proof that you drew the drawing? I want to ask before I start drawing :3
  • LiteRaryLiteRary Member
    71.65 Karma
    Crispcat said:

Do you need proof that you drew the drawing? I want to ask before I start drawing :3

l think it should be. Proof is, such as you can write your CC name onto paper or whatever you drawing on.

lt is better to get answer from @space_fetus
  • CrispcatCrispcat Member
    edited January 9 0.70 Karma
    LiteRary said:

Crispcat said:

l think it should be. Proof is, such as you can write your CC name onto paper or whatever you drawing on.

lt is better to get answer from @space_fetus
    Signatures can be easily removed. I am just asking if you need pictures of the sketch or non coloured drawing. Like before and after. But thank you anyway for the help. I'll be sure to ask a moderator :3
  • Choco_0Choco_0 Member
    0.20 Karma
    Where can we share it?