JOJothepotato has won the Bunny Pyjamas! Next up: Ram Kennel!

Penguin Pad's icon..

lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
edited December 2017 in Bug Reports 275.45 Karma
Its icon is just so ugly and small...I mean look at the cat kennel icon that i put next to penguin pad's icon to compare each other...Maybe it could be improved?

Comments

• 29.35 Karma
    Yeh I mean if you zoom into it you can sorta see a skull head
  • 94.25 Karma
    I have yet to figure out what the image icon in the peng kennel is because it is blurry and there is little contrast lol.
  • artz.frostartz.frost Member
    8.70 Karma
    The size of penguin pet lv0 is too small, could it be made bigger? Or is there a way I can do it for myself on my client file like how everyone changed their texture only they can see?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    202.80 Karma

The size of penguin pet lv0 is too small, could it be made bigger? Or is there a way I can do it for myself on my client file like how everyone changed their texture only they can see?

I don't think you can change the model of the pad
    8.70 Karma

wish they could it bigger :Q:
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    202.80 Karma

Yea, it looks weird next to other kennels :P
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Retired Moderator
    11.50 Karma
    Complain complain complain..

There is nothing wrong with the Pen Pad.. There are plenty of other things that need to be worked on.. things like this shouldn't even be on the list..
    8.70 Karma

Yea, it looks weird next to other kennels :P
    Idc for the pad, I meant the pet itself is small :v
    qqq.png 19.7K
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    275.45 Karma

There is nothing wrong with the Pen Pad.. There are plenty of other things that need to be worked on.. things like this shouldn't even be on the list..

There is something wrong with the icon...All the other pets have the icon as the kitty one only the penguin is different.
    This is a mistake on devs' side and it should be fixed..It meets the critterias to be on the list imo.
    11.50 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

There is something wrong with the icon...All the other pets have the icon as the kitty one only the penguin is different.
    This is a mistake on devs' side and it should be fixed..It meets the critterias to be on the list imo.
    Clearly someone made the decision to make it that way, and clearly the others were ok with the way it is if they released it.. There is nothing wrong with the functionality of the item.. Programming and the design of any imagery is always a work of art.. let the artists express themselves however they choose and stop bickering and moaning about everything..

Besides.. if you think something should be changed.. send a pm and stop turning everything into a debate its really not necessary..

• *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    52.05 Karma
    OCD? xD

Honestly I don't have a problem with this. But it would be nicer if all pet icons looked the same.
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited December 2017 4.95 Karma

lucaaa795 said:

Clearly someone made the decision to make it that way, and clearly the others were ok with the way it is if they released it.. There is nothing wrong with the functionality of the item.. Programming and the design of any imagery is always a work of art.. let the artists express themselves however they choose and stop bickering and moaning about everything..

Besides.. if you think something should be changed.. send a pm and stop turning everything into a debate its really not necessary..

+10

...once more, if the last problem of cc was the quality of a random icon, there should be 1M players in it.

But there is not... except some player complaining about nothing. That's a bigger issue

• DrayfusDrayfus Member
    5.85 Karma

lucaaa795 said:

No one said about something wrong about functionality of the item here is it?

Idk if u can read or what, OP just want an improvement coz clearly all other pet has an icon above on the roof of the kenel while the penguin doesnt have one.

No one is moaning or bickering in here they just stated why is penguin kenel is different from other pet kenels.

Talk about retired moderator, you are acting rudely to the players who are expressing whats wrong or not about your item in game, we have the freedom to comment or suggesting about this game coz we are players.

Im sorry if i sound rude but you as a retired mod is a good thing coz u cant even listen to your fan base about theyre comments or suggestion on improving something that needs improvement.

And lastly why would we even sent a pm when we have a sub-forum called bug reports? For this type of situation..
    Duh..
    11.50 Karma
    I will respectfully walk away from this discussion as...

1. It is pointless
    2. This is not a bug, it is someones opinion of how something should be.. whats the word? suggestion oh yeah.. nice
    3. Clearly the level of intellect and comprehension just isnt present
    4. My point has already been made
    5. Have a wonderful life of moaning :3

edited December 2017 8.70 Karma
    Drayfus said:

lucaaa795 said:

No one said about something wrong about functionality of the item here is it?

Idk if u can read or what, OP just want an improvement coz clearly all other pet has an icon above on the roof of the kenel while the penguin doesnt have one.

No one is moaning or bickering in here they just stated why is penguin kenel is different from other pet kenels.

Talk about retired moderator, you are acting rudely to the players who are expressing whats wrong or not about your item in game, we have the freedom to comment or suggesting about this game coz we are players.

Im sorry if i sound rude but you as a retired mod is a good thing coz u cant even listen to your fan base about theyre comments or suggestion on improving something that needs improvement.

And lastly why would we even sent a pm when we have a sub-forum called bug reports? For this type of situation..
    Duh..
    very well said, thank you! someone seem upset for some reason, please dont use us players as a punching bag to lash out your frustration!
    11.50 Karma

very well said, thank you! slim seem upset for some reason, please dont use us players as a punching bag to lash out your frustration!

Nobody is a punching bag.. I am giving my opinion of the situation.. I guess I am not equally entitled to that though.. I really dont want to be replying so please stop saying my name in your posts..

@Drayfus was the most rude person in the thread but because I answer back to him in the same tone.. I am the upset one XD

Boh.. this topic should be closed for lack of direction.. @"Professional Killer"
  • NoeNtNoeNt Member
    19.80 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

Its icon is just so ugly and small...I mean look at the cat kennel icon that i put next to penguin pad's icon to compare each other...Maybe it could be improved?

What about if one of the devs wanted to make the pet rarer than otherr ? Like the Easter Umbrellas With the Spider Brella or the Easter Ballon With the Pumpkin Balloon? There's no problem with that pet... Such a pointless Thread * here an example of the items I said above *
    edited December 2017 275.45 Karma
    NoeNt said:

lucaaa795 said:

What about if one of the devs wanted to make the pet rarer than otherr ? Like the Easter Umbrellas With the Spider Brella or the Easter Ballon With the Pumpkin Balloon? There's no problem with that pet... Such a pointless Thread * here an example of the items I said above *
    Pointless?Think again and don't follow slim just because he said it's pointless.
    Every single pet and many of the blocks were drawn on the basic pattern..One can make a thread and say that this isn't how it's supposed to be simply because it's a different design, and all the pets that were launched before had the same design and why would they change it right now?
    I understand that the spiderbrella is different, and it was made like that to show the design..How could a spiderumbrella look if it was closed?Very similar to the black umbrella.
    i know i know it's not really a bug but then, what section should this go over?Helping?Doesn't seem much like i'm asking for help.Suggestions?Not even close in my opinion.
    Lack of direction?Well you guys did it i just peacefully created the thread.
    And as rudely as he might seem, drayfus is right: "they just stated why is penguin kenel is different from other pet kenels."
    "Besides.. if you think something should be changed.. send a pm and stop turning everything into a debate its really not necessary.."-Slim
    I didn't turn it into a debate, the others did.I just did what anyone else couldve done, to report this as a bug because there were other problems with the itemicons in this update so maybe this one is one of the problems
  • NoeNtNoeNt Member
    19.80 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

NoeNt said:

lucaaa795 said:

Pointless?Think again and don't follow slim just because he said it's pointless.
    Every single pet and many of the blocks were drawn on the basic pattern..One can make a thread and say that this isn't how it's supposed to be simply because it's a different design, and all the pets that were launched before had the same design and why would they change it right now?
    I understand that the spiderbrella is different, and it was made like that to show the design..How could a spiderumbrella look if it was closed?Very similar to the black umbrella.
    i know i know it's not really a bug but then, what section should this go over?Helping?Doesn't seem much like i'm asking for help.Suggestions?Not even close in my opinion.
    And as rudely as he might seem, drayfus is right: "they just stated why is penguin kenel is different from other pet kenels."
    "Besides.. if you think something should be changed.. send a pm and stop turning everything into a debate its really not necessary.."-Slim
    I didn't turn it into a debate, the others did.I just did what anyone else couldve done, to report this as a bug because there were other problems with the itemicons in this update so maybe this one is one of the problems
    No i dont follow slim i dont give a damn of what slim or whoever in this threaf says... i just say my own opinion and its funny... funny to see you finding those stupid bugs...not even bugs, also what u have to say about pumpkin balloon and normal one cuz i saw u just replied on the umbrella tho..
    11.50 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

INSERT COMPLAINTS AND ANNOYING RANTS ABOUT NOTHING HERE

You are 100% Right! Have a wonderful day!
    edited December 2017 275.45 Karma
    NoeNt said:

lucaaa795 said:

NoeNt said:

lucaaa795 said:

No i dont follow slim i dont give a damn of what slim or whoever in this threaf says... i just say my own opinion and its funny... funny to see you finding those stupid bugs...not even bugs, also what u have to say about pumpkin balloon and normal one cuz i saw u just replied on the umbrella tho..
    Have you ever wore a pumpkin baloon?Its shape isn't similar to the normal baloon and that thing can be seen very easy...I actually thought that the umbrella comparison was enough to make it clear for the baloons..
    And hey, some bugs might be stupid but i try to find them because its funny and makes you think outside the box many times(not the case here though)...Also Ive never asked for cubits like some forumer/s did..
    Because i saw some misunderstood:I'm not talking about the top of the kennel but about how big the icon of it is.
    And honestly i was looking for an admin's awnser not for a legit debate..I mean i couldve pmd but we already have a section here for these..

There's an automatic thing that makes the icons but for non blocks it generally makes them too small, so I have to redo them by hand and sometimes the sizes vary a bit or I don't get it quite right. I didn't notice the chest being quite so large, so I will adjust it. The candy cane was meant to be kept visually distinct from the block yes, and I think I will change the description of one of them next update as well.

lucaaa795 said:

INSERT ACTUAL CONTENT THAT HAS A POINT HERE

You are 100% Right! Have a wonderful day!
    Have a nice day.

• Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator
    edited December 2017 54.10 Karma
    Ok guys, I think opinions have been shared from both parties. And as it has gone way too off-topic, I'm locking this up to avoid any more arguments.
    I will leave it up to Kew or Cos if they want to reply and share their thoughts on this one.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenGame Developer
    edited December 2017 65.70 Karma
    Not much to say really. I originally did a design with a black and white icon, and I didn't like it and went with a frosty snowy look instead. I agree it's inconsistent with the other icons. Some people won't like it I guess, but it's really a subjective thing.

edit - luca explained that it's the perspective and size of the inventory icon he was more concerned with... just made with different programs at different times... I could try and match the old ones but I'd have to do it by eye
This discussion has been closed.