SIR KEWBERTH AND COSMIC ARE WE DOING A BUILDING CHRISTMAS CONTEST THIS YEAR LIKE LAST YEAR?

I REMEMBER LAST YEAR WAS REALLY HARD ON IT BUT WAS REALLY COOL SO I WAS LOOKING FOWARD TO IT THIS YEAR BUT SOME REASON YALL DIDNT POST ANYTHING ABOUT IT? DOES ANYONE ELSE WANNA DO IT?

Comments

• Or just both so people who like to build can participate in building contest and people who like to parkour can parkour
  • i guess all we have is cubicmas
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

i guess all we have is cubicmas

I'm content with that :P
  • Even if there are no official events, there are different events hosted by the players themselves like the one earlier today where Ed, space_fetus, Ang3lbee and Jadabug put together a really fun event that lasted for quite a while. Just keep an eye out for events like that.
  • I would like a building contest but I think there needs to be a wider panel of judges to give a better evaluation. Make it where more mods are included and some point system is given to choose the winners. Like certain categories like creativity, diversity of blocks that totals up. It would help in knowing what an individual needs to improve at to better their chances in the next comp.
  • Parkour!
  • Dude, calm down with the caps. I understand that a Building Contest is exciting, but yeesh.
  • XMAS BUILD! XMAS BUILD! XMAS BUILD! WHAT DO WE WANT? XMAS BUILD CONTEST! WHEN DO WE WANT IT? AT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

+99
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited December 2017
    Hosting a building event = no work for cc team
    Hosting any other kind of event needs:
    -Gathering people
    -Referee
    -Sweping all bugs and glitch
    -Much time

but globally need a real team keeping an eye on it.

I repeat since over 2 years that CC need a real dedicated entertainment team...

My words always fall in a trash although it would be the real answer to keep and attract players to the game.

Let's set up a meeting in 2 years for same discussion!
  • Hosting a building event = no work for cc team
    -Gathering people
    -Referee
    -Much time

My words always fall in a trash although it would be the real answer to keep and attract players to the game.

This is really a great idea. In this way, the devs can focus more on their works.
    I wonder where they will find and create such a team though? From us? Or somewhere else?

P/S: I totally didn't know about this two years ago lol
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    CD87 said:

Hosting a building event = no work for cc team
    -Gathering people
    -Referee
    -Much time

This is really a great idea. In this way, the devs can focus more on their works.
    I wonder where they will find and create such a team though? From us? Or somewhere else?

P/S: I totally didn't know about this two years ago lol
    I think it'd be nice if a group of players from the forums would be nice :D
  • Eagence said:

I would like a building contest but I think there needs to be a wider panel of judges to give a better evaluation.

lucaaa795 said:

They were exciting until we realised its mostly the same people who win over and over again...

Parkour contest things would change because everyone can get good at parkour

2 years, don't make me laugh... Even selecting a new moderator takes 4 months, you tell me that "Let's set up a meeting in 2 years". I hope one day boy I hope one day...

I wish to see one day developers inviting people to contribute to their moderational/development cycle instead of being followers of someones idea over suggestions. Because sadly, I feel like moderators no where close to represent the community as it suppose to. In such cycles, you talk me about how your words get trashed, and want a meeting, sarcasticly in 2 years.

We are actually lucky if we able to gather something worthy out of such meeting if it ever exists while that many mod represent either themselfs or simply the developers. I thought it was a game of community, but funny thing is everyone else is speaking besides community members. And as you said their words in simply thrown into trash.

DO I NEED TO HAVE SOME KIND OF RANT OR RANK LIKE BLUE OR RED NAMETAG TO SPEAK IN HERE AND GRAB ATTENSION ? OR DO I NEED TO HAVE A YT CHANNEL ?

In any case, I can simply claim that not everyones word make equal effect.

Now just wait and see how a mod comes here and tells "pls stay on topic" or no its not that this and that...!

Anyway back to topic, I guess there is more then many who wants to see a parkour event in cc, building events also require:

-Gathering people into an area and they should have 5000 cubits to join...
    -Referee/Jury to judge builds fairly (indead they require more then five to be fair)
    -Setting of a concept and rules (does all mighty blocks allowed or not? )
    -A lot of time from people to contribute.

and besides there is limited area, copycatting, and other issues in building events. I am not even mentioning about formation and judgement of jury...

But anyway let them carry on who the **** cares... They do what is best for themselfs.
    BESIDE THE PERSON WHO DISAGREE HE HIS NAME IS FORBIDDEN TO SPEAK OF XD I THINK IT IS A GREAT IDEA