[UPDATED] Racing Through Knowledge - A Cubic Castles Speedrun Event!

`.*Drop*.``.*Drop*.` Member
edited December 2017 in Player Events & Creations
Howdy! This is Drop with a new event! As you readed in the title, I'm making a Speedrun Event called Racing Through Knowledge. This contest consists in making a Speedrun of all the Starter Quests (Except the brand new "Farm Master"). You don't know what a Speedrun is? Check out this website for the defenition: https://urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=speed%20run.

Q U E S T I O N S

What do i need to participate?
You will need the game (of course) and a screen/video recorder to record the full speedrun. After completing it, post a comment here with the video (use any video platforms, such as YouTube or Vimeo).

I did all the Starter Quests allready. What should I do?
In all Speedruns, you have to start a new game file. Since here we dont use game files, you have to start a new account. The time only starts when you press the "Play" button with your new account. We suggest to save the account for verification problems.

Can I set up my Speedrun by giving some resources/cubits to my Speedrun account?

As I said, you have to start from 0. If you use any "extras" your run wont be classified as an entry. The only thing you can do to help you on your run is using a friend to join you to a clan (for the quest "No Man Is An Island!"). If you do it three times, you will be disqualified from the contest!

Can I put time counters/speedrun sections/other video components to the video?
Yes you can. In fact, that what the majority of the Speedrunners do for Livestreams/Videos. The only thing we dont accept is using video edition to cut time.

Can i use a TAS on the speedrun?
Absolutely NOT! Using a bot in Cubic Castles is allready ilegal. Also it has to be a human to complete the speedrun.

Can I start practicing the Speedrun?

Of course you can! But don't froget than we only accept Speedruns from the dates below.

Other Information:
-We only accept Speedruns made between the following dates:
Event Start: 01/01/2018
Event End: 31/01/2018

-Event Prize: 20K (20.000C) for the fastest run.

-Payment date: During February

-Quests to do on the Speedrun:

Mountain Man

Arctic Explorer

Desert Delver

Tropical Vacation

Forest Forrager

Needful Scholar

Advanced Meeting Area!

1st Secret Meeting

3rd Secret Meeting

4th Secret Meeting

Where the bad people go!

Perks for Parkours

The Office

Ghost Hunting the 1st

Ghost Hunting the 3rd

Maze Daze

Bounce Up!

Space Journey

Space Anomoly

An evil town center?

Secret Witch's Cauldron Club

Specimen X

Cryptographer

Friendship

No Man Is An Island!

Any other questions will be added on this post in the future and answered in the comments.

Good runs to everyone!
`.*Drop*.`

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    :o, lets see how fast we can be
  • How are we gonna record the farm master perk? It takes 3 days to grow tomatoes... good idea tho
  • How are we gonna record the farm master perk? It takes 3 days to grow tomatoes... good idea tho

Oh right I frogot that XD. Going to edit that in a moment...

• Great ideas! I hope this'll attract more people into getting back to the game. I normally don't make videos but let's see what I can do for this.
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    Is there a reason why it starts on the first of January? I mean the end date can be the same IMO. I'm interested in the event, sounds fun. :P

Oh right I frogot that XD. Going to edit that in a moment...

Takes 1 day for me
  • `.*Drop*.``.*Drop*.` Member
    edited December 2017

Is there a reason why it starts on the first of January? I mean the end date can be the same IMO. I'm interested in the event, sounds fun. :P

This is to avoid Christmas events, and also January is a perfect month to buy cubits XD

er....
    for the man is an island is kinda unfair...

someone can get an alt and their main and let their alt join their clan.

I don't know if I will keep this quest. Even if it's hard to find a clan, without this quest done, you can't make progress to the next quests. Also this will be a game changing to everyone durning the run, making it one of the hardest parts in the speedrun.
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    Do we have to start from the tutorial room? Or can we start right outside the realm?
  • Do we have to start from the tutorial room? Or can we start right outside the realm?

As I said in the rules, you have to start a new account for each run you will record, so you start from zero. The tries are unlimited, unless you can't create more accounts.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    By starting from zero, does adding your main account go against that?
  • By starting from zero, does adding your main account go against that?

Of course. Take any Speedrun for example. (Tip: Sreach on YouTube). Also you dont need to put password or anything. Just record the rud with a temporary account.
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember
    Can i make a video now and post it on those assigned dates
  • Can i make a video now and post it on those assigned dates

No you can't. This is to give players time to practice their runs. You can make videos or livestreams of your practices, but they only will be an entry if you do it in January.

• RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember

No you can't. This is to give players time to practice their runs. You can make videos or livestreams of your practices, but they only will be an entry if you do it in January.

So i can't edit right now and post it this upcoming december 31 or jan 1?
    When do i make or rec my vid?
  • I am level 60 and I have never finished it o.0. lemme just do it now then
    epieownz said:

I am level 60 and I have never finished it o.0. lemme just do it now then

But you have perks that give you an advantage o-o, just do it on a new account
  • `.*Drop*.``.*Drop*.` Member
    edited December 2017

So i can't edit right now and post it this upcoming december 31 or jan 1?
    When do i make or rec my vid?
    Yes you can't. That would be unfair to the participants who are trying to practice.
    epieownz said:

I am level 60 and I have never finished it o.0. lemme just do it now then

*sigh* If pepole at least knew what a speedrun is...
  • lucaaa795 said:

Yo drop do we still have to do the no man is an island quest or not, and if yes can we use alternates/friends?

Yes to the 1st question and no on the second. You can use yre friends to help u out for the clan quest, but not for anything else.