A bug with logging into the forums.

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
If you put spaces after your name when you created your account, you can not log into the forums unless you put the exact same amount of spaces after your name. For example: My forums account has two spaces after it and I have to put the spaces when logging in or it denies me.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yeah, well I guess it’s more of an issue since I’m guessing a lot of times this is why people can’t log in. Whether they put spaces by accident or not.
  • This isn't a bug. Cubic Castles allows whitespace in the username which means it counts each and every space in the username based on SirKewb. If it were to ignore whitespace, the login info you enter would not match up with the login from the game or their database and you won't be able to log on.

I can see your point about having to make sure that you have correct number of spaces could be rather irritating but I'm sure it is the way it is supposed to be.
    It should ignore space after the username.. any other ones should stay
  • U said:

It should ignore space after the username.. any other ones should stay

Unfortunately, that would require more work to do.

Let's say your username was "Dirt " (space as a suffix) and someone else's username was just "Dirt". If they were to make it so that it ignores the spaces after the username, which one would it get? How would it know that the space is necessary or not and who is logging in? Is it "Dirt" that's logging in or "Dirt "?

So, because of that, it requires users to have exact matching characters so that it can find a user with that exact login info that was provided.
    edited December 2017
    If someone already took the name “Dirt” the game does not allow somebody to take the name. “Dirt “ (with a bunch of spaces after it.) So, yes it would work like that because space after a username don’t even matter in game, but they do on the forums for some reason. In game I log into my account as V without and spaces after it, on the forums I have to put two spaces after my name to log in. It would not require more work, it would just need to be changed so spaces after a name don’t matter.
  • Hmm, strange. I thought I tried that but apparently I was wrong. I am not so sure then. I see what you mean but you might just want to talk to Kewb directly about it since he might have a reason for the way it is.