Aggeliki2000 has won the Krampus Mask! Next up, the 25 days of Cubicmas! We will be drawing a new prize every day, starting tomorrow with a Halo!
Qzzi has won the Bunny Mobile! Next up, Easter Umbrella!

Tool for grass

lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
Hey
I'm sure that everyone agrees on how annoying is to place a grass block only to see its pattern isnt the one you liked..only after some more tries you get the pattern you needed..
What if there was a tool that allowed you to click on a block of grass to change its texture?The annoying place-break process would be gone for good.
?
  1. ?21 votes
    1. yes
      71.43%
    2. no
      28.57%

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    164.80 Karma
    It would make things easier, but as a builder I like to see the result from hard work rather an easy way iut
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    18.40 Karma

It would make things easier, but as a builder I like to see the result from hard work rather an easy way iut

You could still do it the easy way.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    164.80 Karma
    Pimydd said:

You could still do it the easy way.
    What do you mean?
  • 77.95 Karma
    He means instead of using the tool that you could place manually and you still have the hard work factor >:D!

I am for this a thousand times! Also make it for any blocks/future blocks that have multiple pattern choices like the fancy road. I have spent a many sad hours trying to get the floor freed of diamonds to make it look less busy and clean. Not that I have anything against the diamonds :P.
  • MeddMedd Member
    17.75 Karma
    +1 Making a farm with a nice pattern is amazing as SirKewberth and CosmicCow and Betamax.
    164.80 Karma

He means instead of using the tool that you could place manually and you still have the hard work factor >:D!

I am for this a thousand times! Also make it for any blocks/future blocks that have multiple pattern choices like the fancy road. I have spent a many sad hours trying to get the floor freed of diamonds to make it look less busy and clean. Not that I have anything against the diamonds :P.

Oh got a bit confused since he said the easy way.
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    edited December 6 18.40 Karma

Oh got a bit confused since he said the easy way.
    Oops sorry was tired when I wrote that I meant the current way.
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    2.70 Karma
    If it cycled through each iteration/pattern in a succession, instead of at random, it wouldn't be so bad. The randomization of patterns is what makes it a double edged sword.

How about instead of random patterns, just let us craft or mine each iteration of block. If there are 3 grass patterns of a kind then there should be 3 different grass blocks of a kind. If there is 8+ stone patterns then there should be 8 different stone blocks.

I mean, I'd much rather have 3 different forest grass in my inventory and or storage than have a tool that I used to cycle through patterns.