Summer Time Madness Items - Lot 19 out!

Comments

• lucaaa795 said:

I understand that creating stuff from basically nothing other than basic coding takes time, resources and energy. I also do understand that it's all about what the majority wants, because they have a major impact on cubic.
    I'm also aware that long gone are the days when a handful of players decided what should be in a pack and what shouldn't, based off own their items and investments.
    Choices, choices and more choices. Maybe you guys could expand the team..? I mean, a small 2 1/2 (mabz also does the support part) man team can be good at first, but sooner or later they will not be able to stand up to what "the community wants to be in-game".
    Don't get me wrong, I respect the small team but really now, maybe some expanding won't hurt. I'm sure this game brings enough income to you guys. Maybe ask some friend from back when you worked at pop-cap (iirc) that knows coding to help the game.
    Now, If it was my game, I would probably ask the community every once in a while what should i/we do next. But sadly, I don't have enough money to buy the game nor the coding skills or anything else that could help the thing.
    Also every now and then I would probably stop updating the game and focus on making everything already existent as "rock solid" as possible.. It's no good to have tons of cool items if an important % of them have some kind of issue.
    And yet, I lost my patience. How you may ask? By waiting even 6 months at a time to have a medium bug fixed! Not by waiting for new content, but by bugs.

I agree with expansion, one or two new additions to the team would help them a lot, and like you said, won’t cost any more then they can afford, but of course, patience is a virtue :)
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    Useful +10
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We're trying 2 new guys right now.. I don't know yet how that will work out. We'll see. If there are medium bugs that are a real problem then keep hassling me about them. Sometimes we're actually surprised by some of the bugs, because we dont' play as much as the combined players play, and when we do play we play differently than you guys do, so we can miss things, or forget about things or not realize how serious a particular bug is for players. Now in some cases a bug is very hard to fix or there's no perfect fix. In other cases the bug is part of something that we plan to shortly replace completely, so fixing it would be redundant work. So it kind of depends on what the bug is.
  • I just want to thank you Kew for communicating with us, it be easier just to ignore us and all our criticisms but you take the bullets anyways. It makes for a better game.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I just want to thank you Kew for communicating with us, it be easier just to ignore us and all our criticisms but you take the bullets anyways. It makes for a better game.

yeah i agree indeed, i know many games that has dev that doesnt even communitcate with its players what causes it to get updates that the players dont even like
  • I just want to thank you Kew for communicating with us, it be easier just to ignore us and all our criticisms but you take the bullets anyways. It makes for a better game.

yeah i agree indeed, i know many games that has dev that doesnt even communitcate with its players what causes it to get updates that the players dont even like
    *cough cough* roblox
  • Piratax10 said:

I just want to thank you Kew for communicating with us, it be easier just to ignore us and all our criticisms but you take the bullets anyways. It makes for a better game.

*cough cough* roblox
    LOL
    Piratax10 said:

*cough cough* roblox
    About one indeed yes
  • Campfire?!
  • Um, so. Devs, I know every item that has come out recently has gotten some people wanting it changed, and well, sorry about this, but can you make the campfire bigger? It's so itty-bitty. I've wanted a campfire for ages but I expected it to be a bit bigger ;-;
  • I am not disagreeing with you Jack as I not seen them in person but I think we the problem is in CC most everything is "OVER SIZED". It has been only recently that we started to get Qbee sized proportionate items and it makes them look very small even though they would be correct like the sleeping bag. My suggestion towards the devs is that in the future since a base has been established to continue with what was originally given.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    Agree, the campfires are way too small...they look like kindling starters (or the size of the coals that should be inside the grills), not actual campfires. Wish I had more yule logs to use (which are a good size) rather than these new campfires.

Also agree the sleeping bags are way too small. They should be 1x2, otherwise they are just sleeping cushions. If necessary, maybe we should have to put two down next to each other (that then merge together like the tables), to get a full sized bag.
  • b3achy said:

Agree, the campfires are way too small...they look like kindling starters (or the size of the coals that should be inside the grills), not actual campfires. Wish I had more yule logs to use (which are a good size) rather than these new campfires.

Also agree the sleeping bags are way too small. They should be 1x2, otherwise they are just sleeping cushions. If necessary, maybe we should have to put two down next to each other (that then merge together like the tables), to get a full sized bag.

Not to mention because the campfire is so tiny, it looks like a fluctuating mess of orange and grey pixels rather than a campfire.
  • JackFury said:

b3achy said:

Not to mention because the campfire is so tiny, it looks like a fluctuating mess of orange and grey pixels rather than a campfire.
    I was expecting a nice big fire, like the yule log or so.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well maybe one day we can add a 2nd "large campfire" item, but the item is as was intended. It was meant to be a small campfire.
  • Honestly, I don't get why people are crying over spilt milk. Personally I love the look of them.

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I think it's more realistic compared to over items...why would you all want a campfire bigger than, for example, the items you're sitting on be it benches, 'logs' etc. But sure a bigger version would be nice too although I'll always prefer the smaller version personally

Well maybe one day we can add a 2nd "large campfire" item, but the item is as was intended. It was meant to be a small campfire.

While we are at it, maybe a 4/9 block big bonfire would be look good too?
  • Yep, tents are here =P
  • I wish the tents were a little bigger, kinda like the beach umbrella, but i guess the size is fine
  • Have you ever won a fishing competition? Yes!? Here's your trophy!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited July 2018
  • gdog said:

It would have been so hilarious that this could play music xD
  • gdog said:

It would have been so hilarious that this could play music xD
    I thought the same thing
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    It's too small!! >:C (Just kidding hehehe)
    Siddd said:

I was waiting for this!
  • Siddd said:

I was wondering if people would also complain about this one to be honest lol
  • No need to make the ‘small’ thing a big deal... everyone agreed that the other items were small.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    It's too small... Words no one wants to hear ;)
This discussion has been closed.