Not Really Art. Just wanted to discuss a game I’ve been working on :)

CraftedCubitsCraftedCubits Member
edited November 2017 in Art
This game is incomplete. Updates on Reddit if any of you are interested.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GetOuttaTown/

This section was best fit for this topic, but if it isn’t feel free to move it.

I just wanted to talk about this Android game I’ve been working on for months now releasing on the Google Play Store, I’m not here to promote it or anything as it’s not released yet, this is just one of my favorite forums to browse around and chat with people.

The game is called “Get Outta Town!” And it’s an MMO game (Massively Multiplayer Game), the game will support up to 100 players online at the same time in the beginning but will slowly increase as more players arrive. The game is an infinite runner so basically Temple Run or Subway Surfers but in 2D and online. There will be many players to choose from, a leaderboard, and power ups, coins will be spread around the course to buy characters and items. The game is currently in Beta with working multiplayer, leaderboard, and character selection but that’s it. I’m not posting the beta of the game because I don’t think the mods would appreciate that, plus it’s too broken to be played. But hopefully they’ll accept a screenshot.

F5_C7_C3_FC-2546-49_A5-827_F-035_A52_A58_B34

Cubic Castles believe it or not as inspired this game greatly even though it has to do nothing with it other than the MMO aspect.

Thoughts? Questions?

Comments

• Yeah! I'm gonna take a look at this! Sounds very nice and it will be great to support what someone from this community has done :D

Btw, better suit for Player events & creations :P
  • Interesting! I love to see people from our community making games.

Don't forget me when you're famous. (eventhoughyoudon'tknowme) :P
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    It's only on the android platform?
  • CraftedCubitsCraftedCubits Member
    edited November 2017
    The game is still incomplete and it’s too broken to be played at the moment. You can check out the subreddit though at /r/GetOuttaTown

Even if the game was ready I don’t think the moderators would like me to post it.

Yes, and only because $99 a year to have it on the Apple AppStore is ridiculous.
    LiteRary said:

Perfect!

Edit ; Can you please give a link? Hehe, early access for CC users. >:D

Edit 2 ; Hrmrhm...lt was one of my dreams, being a game developer even if it's a bad game. Because you are fixing game and developing it then...Game is becomes a perfect game!

Could you PM or say in here what apps you used and what tricks / coding things you done. And PC? İs it requires a great PC? My PC - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit.

l Would like to make some mini games. 2d.

How many money you spent? Or is there a way free too?

Hope you can help me. Thanks.

May as well answer that here. This game was created using Javascript... well... visual JavaScript, it’s a very easy language to learn. Costs can be weary when it comes to games, you may have to pay developers, artists, and who knows what. I tried to stay on a low budget while still producing a quality game, so far I’ve had to hire developers and artists, plus the fee for the Google Play Store. When it comes to coding a 2D game, you don’t need a very powerful PC, which is nice.
    LiteRary said:

lucaaa795 said:

Cool.
    I'd want a copy if possible in PMs...I'm a good tester when it comes to bugs and i'd love to help!

Ehm, what about us.
    Again as much as I want to share the game I can’t as it’s too broken at the moment, plus I probably won’t be allowed to post it here. Stay updated on Reddit if you want :)
    Ashibug said:

Interesting! I love to see people from our community making games.

Thank you :D

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Oh well, would have loved to try it. Maybe one day ^^
  • Thats awesome tho O
  • LiteRary said:

The game is still incomplete and it’s too broken to be played at the moment. You can check out the subreddit though at /r/GetOuttaTown

Even if the game was ready I don’t think the moderators would like me to post it.

Yes, and only because $99 a year to have it on the Apple AppStore is ridiculous.
    LiteRary said:

Perfect!

Edit 2 ; Hrmrhm...lt was one of my dreams, being a game developer even if it's a bad game. Because you are fixing game and developing it then...Game is becomes a perfect game!

Could you PM or say in here what apps you used and what tricks / coding things you done. And PC? İs it requires a great PC? My PC - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit.

May as well answer that here. This game was created using Javascript... well... visual JavaScript, it’s a very easy language to learn. Costs can be weary when it comes to games, you may have to pay developers, artists, and who knows what. I tried to stay on a low budget while still producing a quality game, so far I’ve had to hire developers and artists, plus the fee for the Google Play Store. When it comes to coding a 2D game, you don’t need a very powerful PC, which is nice.
    LiteRary said:

lucaaa795 said:

Cool.
    I'd want a copy if possible in PMs...I'm a good tester when it comes to bugs and i'd love to help!

Ehm, what about us.
    Again as much as I want to share the game I can’t as it’s too broken at the moment, plus I probably won’t be allowed to post it here. Stay updated on Reddit if you want :)
    Ashibug said:

İt is took a few months from you but...Easy too. I wanna do it myself, and a sandbox game i want to create, or MMO too. And you say JavaScript easy to learn. Where can i learn it from? Those coding things. What about textures? Just using JavaScript?

Especially how can you make it multiplayer?

Sorry for much questions, but it is one of my dreams. Thanks again.
    Y o u T u b e
  • LiteRary said:

LiteRary said:

Perfect!

LiteRary said:

lucaaa795 said:

Cool.

Ehm, what about us.
    Ashibug said:

İt is took a few months from you but...Easy too. I wanna do it myself, and a sandbox game i want to create, or MMO too. And you say JavaScript easy to learn. Where can i learn it from? Those coding things. What about textures? Just using JavaScript?

Especially how can you make it multiplayer?

Sorry for much questions, but it is one of my dreams. Thanks again.
    Easy answer: Learn from YouTube, textures = sprites. I hired an artist for mine. Multiplayer is very very complicated, there’s tutorials though.

AJ BaRyza said:

Thats awesome tho O

Thank you! :)
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember
    Notify me if the game is ready.
    willing to help
  • I would love to try this, if u need help in trying your game u can always find me
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    I wanna try it! :"D
    Can't wait until it's ready. :3
  • Will it be open source, or is it currently open source?
  • I want to try it!
  • I want to try it too! It seems really cool! I wish you luck in your game! c:
  • Pimydd said:

Will it be open source, or is it currently open source?

No plans to make this open source, but the idea may become open source.

—————
    Also I’m trying to release the game in the beginning of December :)