Rep system.

I think I remember this being suggested before. Long time ago though.
Anyways I think a rep system would be awesome to have in cc.
How it would work: How it would work would to have a /rep (username) command that brings up a window with 2 option saying "rep" or "unrep".
Good rep = green, Ok = yellow, bad rep = red. New player = grey.
Now players would get rep from each other yes but it wouldn't be able to be abused easily, having it so Early accounts reps were worth little as small as 1/100 of a full rep, a half rep would be from a player that has played for 6 months a full rep point would be from a player that has played for a full year.
How would you see a players rep? maybe beside their nametag somewhere.
What if someone has red rep but is really a good player? Then rep them if you believe they deserve it.
What if some bad player gets repped up by his friends? Then rep them down.
Players would only be allowed to rep depending on their current rep as well.
Red players cant rep. Yellows can. Greens can.
Players would be allowed to vote once a day.
Warns (-10), bans (-25), mutes(-15) would also count towards lower rep.
Player rep points.
-100 and below to -50 = red
-50 to 100 = yellow
100 = green
Capped Negative Rep: -250
Capped Positive Rep: 300

Anyways I tried to think of all the ways to balance this the best I can. Also don't -1 this for no reason. Add a reason with it please don't have shoddy reasons like for example "MINECRAFT COPY! REEEEE" I have not got this idea from anything else besides from that old forum post. (Don't say Minecraft copy reee in the thread as well as a joke(prevents useless spam))
If you have something else to add to this please say so.

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    edited November 2017
    I would like to see a rep system, if it helps prevent scamming :D
  • Good idea +1
  • +1!
  • Why should there be a system that judges others?

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Why should there be a system that judges others?

From what I've seen on other threads, reputation can play a part in preventing players from being scammed by untrustable players. But... I'm not exactly sure how effective this would be anyways.
  • Why should there be a system that judges others?

Can you explain further why you dislike this or recommend something more that would make this better please? I don't like these type of comments on suggestions. It's not much of a help. Thanks.
  • -1 because yellows can rep. That means most players can rep... that would lead to people downvoting for no reason. Maybe if only greens could rep.
  • Quackers said:

Why should there be a system that judges others?

Can you explain further why you dislike this or recommend something more that would make this better please? I don't like these type of comments on suggestions. It's not much of a help. Thanks.
    My question explains it all. A system that judges others is just bad. I don't know how this could be better cause it wasn't in the first place.
  • Well, the Issues I see here are:
    • People may pay other's to raise their reputation through votes, or whatever, through giveaways and etc.
    • Player's may deceive other's through events, such as giveaways, and other kindness events, when in reality the player may be a negatively acting contributor to the community.
    Due to these issues, it is a hard task to develop a reputation scale, and a system to this in my mind.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    as helpfull as it could be in some instances i believe that it would have a huge negative impact. Players would get upset and frustrated that no one liked them etc if they didnt have a good rep score, people would use alts to spam them selves with rep.
  • artz.frostartz.frost Member
    edited November 2017
    Bad idea because players can abuse this by -rep a specific player because things don't go their way. Example, a newbie wants to buy a dorks mobile for 400c because that's all he have and the owner/seller refused because its not worth the value.
    Another example, a well known player with high reputations and/or knows more players for playing the game long enough, know or are close to moderators (which helps them increase their popularity) will abuse this by asking their friends to help -rep someone they "don't like" for ridiculous reasons.
    And one more reason why its a bad idea because some players can fake being nice to increase their reputation by doing good and when they reach max capacity :300 rep, they might start to scam.

*another thing, if the developers somehow like the idea and made it happen then I wanna suggest that EVERY player can only vote ONCE from their account and only 1 vote per IP address each house so they can't constantly create new accounts to abuse this.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    I feel like if only mutes/warns lower the rep of a player it could possibly work. Players report someone with evidence, the accused gets negative rep. For gaining rep it would take few votes for 1 rep point and well for alts.. having it locked to 1 vote/IP for every person that you vote. While yeah its hard gaining rep this way, its rewarding and you can only lose it by getting muted/warned/banned. Its true that some people could get away with scams at times, it would still be a start for something better imo.
    If people pay others for rep its their choice, again, they could lose quite a bit of it by doing stupid things. There could also be a limit to the rep so people dont brag about their thousands of rep points.
    I think that reputation could help quite a lot in CC.
  • DominicAvalosDominicAvalos Member
    edited November 2017
    Good
    +infinite
  • SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
    edited November 2017
    Yusss i want this theni ll tell all of my friends to rep me hahahahahah jk cool idea
    +100
    Ed said:

I feel like if only mutes/warns lower the rep of a player it could possibly work. Players report someone with evidence, the accused gets negative rep. For gaining rep it would take few votes for 1 rep point and well for alts.. having it locked to 1 vote/IP for every person that you vote. While yeah its hard gaining rep this way, its rewarding and you can only lose it by getting muted/warned/banned. Its true that some people could get away with scams at times, it would still be a start for something better imo.
    If people pay others for rep its their choice, again, they could lose quite a bit of it by doing stupid things. There could also be a limit to the rep so people dont brag about their thousands of rep points.

About 1 vote per ip,alot of the time scams happen when the scammer gains your trust for a long time (you will rep them for that) and then they just scam you and then if your 1 vote is gone then what can you do they just got your positive rep..
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    *>Remo<* said:

Yusss i want this theni ll tell all of my friends to rep me hahahahahah jk cool idea
    +100

Ed said:

About 1 vote per ip,alot of the time scams happen when the scammer gains your trust for a long time (you will rep them for that) and then they just scam you and then if your 1 vote is gone then what can you do they just got your positive rep..
    So if you vote someone you lose the right to vote that person again on any other account (the IP part) but, however you can still vote other people. This is how I imagined it.
    If thats not what you meant then here. If you find out that person scammed report it to a moderator with proof and they would lose about what.. 5, 10 points? Maybe more?
  • This is a lot of great suggestions. I like the one where you can only lose rep if caught with a report proven to be true. Also having rep being kind of a bonus seems nice too. I do agree that people can pay their way for some rep or ask for rep to do a giveaway. My favorite so far is just have the system make it so people that have been punished in a way to lose rep. I also saw that artz/frost said is that people will down rep you if you don't do something their way. I think that may be true but if you are respectful or kind player of the community. They will get more rep. For example: Some player starts out, an experienced player sees them and helps them figure out how the game works. How not to get scammed, how to make cubits, give them starter items such as a steel hammer and a workbench etc etc. But this would just be an encouragement to be a better player as such scammers gain a bad rep. They can become a good player by helping others out and earning reps that way. I do say that this system isn't perfect or not even close to it and I appreciate the feedback. The more the better.