Bring back treasure hunts...

Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
edited February 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
I know someone @Siddd who used to get cubits from such game, there was never a problem with treasure hunts... it was just payaways and other scams... can we please have them back?
I myself used to get cubits out of that game and i used to pay thousands of c to play Sid’s game...

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    edited November 2017
    I don't think it's really the issue with the game, but the fact that people rigged it. I wouldn't want these types of games to come back, even if it's from a trustable player. People will complain if certain players were allowed to host these games, and then more players will do it. A bit messy if you ask me.
  • edited November 2017
    Well yep, but I still miss those old games like pick-a-block, treasure hunt but now we can only play them from those who host it free...
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yup i agree.... i played that game too... and got massive profits from it (although i didnt sell them but if i would sell them i would have massive profit)
  • I feel stupid but what do you mean by treasure hunts?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Kirodashi said:

I feel stupid but what do you mean by treasure hunts?

It's a game where you have to find a chest with items in it.
    Kirodashi said:

I feel stupid but what do you mean by treasure hunts?

Basically pick the chest but way bigger
  • yeah i misss this too.. when i just pay 25c and got light snow stamp :v
  • i miss treasure hunt too >.<
    i pay 200c and got red & green scarf
  • lucaaa795 said:

Maybe siddd's treasure hunt could avoid the rules because its hosted by a mod and a mod would never scam..?His treasure hunt was awesome.

But mod have to follow the rules too else people will be like:
    Hey that mod break the rules, that's not fair!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It's really a no win situation. If we allow it and people get scammed by bad treasure hunts then people will contact us and complain they got scammed and we don't care and do nothing about it. If we don't allow it people miss the good fair games like Siddd's. If we give someone an exception people will complain and say hey.. why does this guy get to earn cubits with that game but not me? What can we do? There seems to be no good answer.
  • It's really a no win situation. If we allow it and people get scammed by bad treasure hunts then people will contact us and complain they got scammed and we don't care and do nothing about it. If we don't allow it people miss the good fair games like Siddd's. If we give someone an exception people will complain and say hey.. why does this guy get to earn cubits with that game but not me? What can we do? There seems to be no good answer.

Last year I was told that there will be a rep system soon, this year... Rep system still isn't out yet T.T

It's really a no win situation. If we allow it and people get scammed by bad treasure hunts then people will contact us and complain they got scammed and we don't care and do nothing about it. If we don't allow it people miss the good fair games like Siddd's. If we give someone an exception people will complain and say hey.. why does this guy get to earn cubits with that game but not me? What can we do? There seems to be no good answer.

Last year I was told that there will be a rep system soon, this year... Rep system still isn't out yet T.T
    Considering that the rep system will only warn people, it doesn't actually prevent scams. It would Ben nice to have, but I don't think it'll be ideal.
  • It's really a no win situation. If we allow it and people get scammed by bad treasure hunts then people will contact us and complain they got scammed and we don't care and do nothing about it. If we don't allow it people miss the good fair games like Siddd's. If we give someone an exception people will complain and say hey.. why does this guy get to earn cubits with that game but not me? What can we do? There seems to be no good answer.

Considering that the rep system will only warn people, it doesn't actually prevent scams. It would Ben nice to have, but I don't think it'll be ideal.
    It's good enought if it can warn others, people will just avoid those with low rep... So that can prevent scam greatly, so far people keep getting scammed since nobody knows about the one who scams.

Yeah thats the problem with mankind.... they only complain if it comes to their good....
  • What about the people who bypass things. They can easily change their IP adress to make a good rep account to scam.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Hrmmm.. I honestly have some misgivings about the idea that mods could run some games for profit that other player's can't. Why, for instance, wouldn't someone like Knop who's run many great in-game events with his own cubits not be allowed to make a treasure hunt. It seems unfair, and I wouldn't want to get into the business of personally approving who can make what game.

I suppose one option would be to build in some kind of safe treasure hunt feature. I'm not sure precisely how that might work right now... or whether it could really replace the random/player-generated version. Maybe @Siddd would have some idea about that.
  • Hey I got an idea, get a mod to the place where u held an event which costly, or need a mod's perm and check before u start any event related
  • edited November 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

Hey I got an idea, get a mod to the place where u held an event which costly, or need a mod's perm and check before u start any event related

Do you think that this is a idea that can be implemented with the average amount of moderators that are online daily lower than 5?
    Add more mods :3
    Or
    They have to register their game first to the dev, and the dev will check be4 they can start their game :3
  • I have to say i still have the map with chests in, i did host once a free event there etc... So i agree with Kewb about mods taking over treasure hunts, i would complain cause that’s an advantage for them... but let’s have a look at ‘skill’ games... rules say if the game is proven to be a scam, then it shall get banned(owner)... why not apply that rule on treasure hunts?
    It was an amazing time for me... i used to spend tons of c on that game and end up winning or losing, it was just fun for me didn’t care about the profit... and i did host like 5 rounds in the past, lost some c and won some c... but again it’s much more fun hosting the game cause you would laugh at people picking the chest next to the grand prize...
    Why not make treasure hunts legal.... but extra hard punishments on it if it is a scam?
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Hrmmm.. I honestly have some misgivings about the idea that mods could run some games for profit that other player's can't. Why, for instance, wouldn't someone like Knop who's run many great in-game events with his own cubits not be allowed to make a treasure hunt. It seems unfair, and I wouldn't want to get into the business of personally approving who can make what game.

I suppose one option would be to build in some kind of safe treasure hunt feature. I'm not sure precisely how that might work right now... or whether it could really replace the random/player-generated version. Maybe @Siddd would have some idea about that.

I have tried thinking of some way to incorporate skill rather than just luck, but if there is an ideal solution it still yet eludes me. I am still thinking on it though as treasure hunts are great fun! If anyone can think of an idea please let me know! (I would love to be able to run them for free, but they are incredibly costly to run, even when I charge cubits I am still at a loss overall)

I agree though, making it legal for just me is very unfair but making just treasure hunts legal for everyone is also not ideal with the payed games T&C in place, this game is very easy to set up for scamming (though it's a lot of effort, which is why you never heard of it being used for scams in the past)
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited November 2017

Here are some reasons of my retirement as mod...

The issue you have there to host "official event" is the same as the issue you have with "giving some real power to mod".
    It's a choice but in some way: a limited trust.

I'm not judging anything and will not argue about what i think and what could be done.
    It's a fact that you can't force anyone to do something or be forever trustable for free but i'm sure there's some better approach around this than the actual one.

• zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    I don't understand much well how the treasure hunt is but i have an idea, a special prize dispenser in the cubic town. Something like the scavenger sentry. The only thing you need to do to get the prices from is reach one special block who give you one point in your status menu. the blocks can be stay in many of the old oficial realms, or new ones.

It's good enought if it can warn others, people will just avoid those with low rep... So that can prevent scam greatly, so far people keep getting scammed since nobody knows about the one who scams.
    And alts? What can you do against that?
  • BUMP!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    How about a bumper that you place above a glassed *clothing item* that stays red until bought? The owner can set a price and players know they’re getting at least a clothing item. The owner can then cover it up and players that want to take a risk can buy it. You could be scammed I guess if the owner said there was a certain item in it, but you should be smart enough to know which games to trust.

Another idea, it would use the same concept as above except the owner can put as much items as they want in the glass, and when the bumper is bumped you would be told what you had a chance of getting from the glass. Then if you choose to take a chance and buy it the game would randomly choose an item from the glass and insert it in your inventory. I guess it kind of removes the treasure hunt sense but it’s more spam proof.
  • If change the rule, to :

allow the game ,but the player have to get a prize , obligatory !!
    and the prize need worth !!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Eagence said:

I actually not understand why kewberth and cosmic get involved into games organized by other people... They first said they dislike chance and dice games, now they organize raffles and they even made parkours ect prized by raffels. Besides all their packs are based on chance so arent it a risk taken by others.

They told that rule will reduce scamming, but all I see is a rule standing there without much of a meaning. Generally being an obstacle to other people. Mods still try to regulate paid games and tell second changes not allowed, parkours should be this and that to be fair ect.

If a girl or boy dislikes certain game he may prefer to not play it, no one is forcing it.
    I think as long as game organizer is keeping his/her word, it should be allowable. At the end its no different then cost scamming in shops (selling items way overpriced). If you not know price of an item and still buy, its your fault right? Then if you play a game with your cubits with someone, the risk of losing that money should be also your fault as a result of your choices... How it can be against rules I don't know or understand. In my view people who think otherwice is like saying admin is a scammer because I opened a pack and it was not krampus. There is simple no difference.

Besides all those things, ironic thing is they are also organizing raffles ect. as chance games and now people unable to organize them so in my view its just direct dualism.

Sidd keeps his words as he organizes his games. So one wonders why it should be against rules? But maybe it just and just because admins not want other people to gain cubits by such ways, so that they may also go and buy cubits...

Kewberth thinks if they allow it and people will get scammed. However the question is does their mods able to solve scamming issue now. I don't know but I don't think so, most mods not even active, active ones focus on other things (specially drama of individuals as if like its their place) instead of solving those fake bomb games ect.
    And when they can't control something, instead of trying to control it they just get rid of it in my view.

(That was the only reasonable explanation in my view, but maybe you think different.)

In addition to all those, this whole case can be simply solved by adding a record bumper into game, but even though I said this 4 times, no one cares or sees such suggestions as I see :) ... Instead we expect people to get records on theirr own and we can't even select what is real or what is edited and cut to show someone bad.

Sadly there are many liars.

The big difference is that the events hosted by the game are free.
    You wanna make a treasure hunt or raffle that costs no cubits to enter then go ahead.
    This is very different than ones ran by players which have an entry fee and no telling how trustworthy the host is.
    I agree to an extent that player responsibility should come first but they were continually abused and overwhelming community feedback wanted something to be done.

The packs clearly state what you will get in them now and rarity of said items.

We're actually dialing back a bit on bomb games and leaving it more to player discretion/choice whether to play them or not. Although if there is evidence of abuse the hosts will be dealt with accordingly.