Payed Parkour

Recently, I have been seeing a lot of ‘Payed Parkours’. This is where you either have to buy a warp food and it brings you to a checkpoint and you start the parkour (sometimes there isn’t a checkpoint so you have to buy a warp food each time) or where you can buy a warp food that brings you to a certain level. I was just wondering if these are against the Cubic Castles rules like 2nd life bomb games etc.

Comments

• As they're considered as skills Games, they aren't prohibited...
  • This happened last time too.
    When one player starts paid-parkour even if its legit then the other players think they should do it too if its still allowed. And sadly some are scams.
  • Agreed, most makes them nearly impossible to win... With fabulous prizes to win drawing those who are greedy to try
  • edited November 2017
    I ever heard its still allowed but a mod has the right to give the owner a warning or ban even if its not a scam,is that right?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Just because something is not technically against the rules doesn't mean people can abuse it. If someone is running a paid parkour that is actually a trick or scam then they can still be warned and shut down. It's not really a skill game if you phantom foam all the blocks and the prizes are impossible to reach, or if somoene working with the owner takes the prizes before you can get them etc.. My advise to players would be to not just pay any random person to play a game. Find someone with a good reputation who can be trusted, because if it's too good to be true it probably isn't real.
  • a good idea would be to not allow food in vends
    do you agree @SirKewberth
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

a good idea would be to not allow food in vends
    do you agree @SirKewberth

Eh, I don't agree with that. It's not like that'll prevent this from happening anyways.
  • edited November 2017

Just because something is not technically against the rules doesn't mean people can abuse it. If someone is running a paid parkour that is actually a trick or scam then they can still be warned and shut down. It's not really a skill game if you phantom foam all the blocks and the prizes are impossible to reach, or if somoene working with the owner takes the prizes before you can get them etc.. My advise to players would be to not just pay any random person to play a game. Find someone with a good reputation who can be trusted, because if it's too good to be true it probably isn't real.

Umm well if that's the case, then the treasure hunt and pick-a-block won't be banned :/
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Umm well if that's the case, then the treasure hunt and pick-a-block won't be banned :/

You completely misread what I wrote.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

What Kew meant was that even if the game was something that requires a skill set, you shouldn't actually play it if it's too good to be real. Games like Pick the block and treasure hunt... don't require skills. Hence, why they are banned.
  • edited November 2017

You completely misread what I wrote.
    Okay sry... But I miss those games :P and yeah, I've seen lots of second life bomb game these days which is scam... Really dissapointing :( For the paid parkours I didn't even tried any at all, so idk