Popcorn!!!

Now that we have cooking items I think this is a great time than ever to make popcorn a cookable item!
What’s would the recipe be you ask?
That’s simple!
Corn+oil in a oven=popcorn!!!
I know a certain someone would love his idea because of his love of popcorn! @Moe no Wing

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Only a CERTAIN kind of corn will pop! Regular old corn + oil in oven will just be oily corn on the cob. Since all of Cubic's recipes so far have been highly technically accurate reproductions of award winning Michelin star chef recipes I don't know that I could bring myself to just invent some random recipe like that knowing it was the wrong kind of kernel. It would kill the illusion you're really actually cooking.
  • Pickles2001Pickles2001 Member
    edited November 2017
    what if you added a certain type of corn? one for farming and the other for cooking? the type of corn they use in real life is the same farmers use to feed their chickens right? so what if you added a new type of corn used to make popcorn and maybe use it for chickens too
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Only a CERTAIN kind of corn will pop! Regular old corn + oil in oven will just be oily corn on the cob. Since all of Cubic's recipes so far have been highly technically accurate reproductions of award winning Michelin star chef recipes I don't know that I could bring myself to just invent some random recipe like that knowing it was the wrong kind of kernel. It would kill the illusion you're really actually cooking.

Doesnt this work?

https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-make-popcorn-from-corn-on-the-cob/
  • Only a CERTAIN kind of corn will pop! Regular old corn + oil in oven will just be oily corn on the cob. Since all of Cubic's recipes so far have been highly technically accurate reproductions of award winning Michelin star chef recipes I don't know that I could bring myself to just invent some random recipe like that knowing it was the wrong kind of kernel. It would kill the illusion you're really actually cooking.

Maybe you could trade normal corn for popcorn corn in the farmer's coop?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited November 2017

As someone who has tried these super accurate recipes on camera for scientific proof with my background in the chef industry I can say without a doubt that this statement is correct!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

As someone who has tried these super accurate recipes on camera for scientific proof with my background in the chef industry I can say without a doubt that this statement is correct!

I was waiting for someone to challenge me on that statement, which quite oddly didn't happen, and I was myself going to point to your videos as proof!

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

I was waiting for someone to challenge me on that statement, which quite oddly didn't happen, and I was myself going to point to your videos as proof!

Yeah dont let any one tell you your wrong! These recipes are delicious
  • What if you made popcorn a thanksgiving item? In a bowl
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

What if you made popcorn a thanksgiving item? In a bowl

Is popcorn generally a Thanksgiving thing? Mm, I usually associate it with cinema films.

I agree with this, considering most of the food items come out within the thanksgiving packs. :)

Is popcorn generally a Thanksgiving thing? Mm, I usually associate it with cinema films.
    sushi and miso soup isn't really a thanksgiving food either, but it's in the packs so they might as well put popcorn in too lol
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

What if you made popcorn a thanksgiving item? In a bowl

sushi and miso soup isn't really a thanksgiving food either, but it's in the packs so they might as well put popcorn in too lol
    Well I guess food is an aspect of thanksgiving
  • make a many types ot corn like sweet corn, white corn and any other xD +1 for the pop corn!
  • +1 Good idea for another food add!