Cubic Game Master2 has won the Ghost Costume raffle! Next drawing prize is a Krampus Mask!
Cubic Halloween Town judging has come to an end, results are now live!

Dieing of crops: Not good for Casual Players

I rarely play Cubic Castles right now. But I still want to get my farm going while I'm gone from time to time.

But it's just not possible, and it's not that easy.

I know, SPRINKLERS. But what about the people who are stuck in limbo, like me?
I'm still like level 4 on farming, because i just play casual.

And I just hate it when everytime I'm gone and I have those tomatoes planted, I just get upset and say "Damn it! They're going to die again."
And then I end up right, 2/3 of the farm died.

For those people who say I should stop farming, I said "I STILL WANT TO GET MY FARM GOING WHILE IM GONE"
READ BETWEEN THE LINES!

How about instead of dieing, it just stops growing, not stop growing as in DIE, it hesitates. It stays on the current stage.
«1

Comments

  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    224.85 Karma
    Well youre not gonna water your flower every 10 days and hope that it will bloom will you?It will grow and maybe bloom but it will not be as beautiful as the flower that gets watered daily
    Same thing with the crops...If they change it to this, the result of a crop should be lowered by 50% or even 75% for bigger crops...
    You cant really have same harvest as the others that water the plants daily if you water them every 7 days or so..It'd be unfair
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 11 5.05 Karma
    you can't compare real life to cc

    as for cc, i still have the urge to play it but i can't. I have lots of things to do
    it's comparing casual players to the addicted players, or players who play everyday

    farming is a good idea but the dieing of crops just dosen't suit people who don't or can't play all the god damn time

    also, 10 days? what if i just want to water it every, let's say 5 days because of school
    and let's say the time that the plants die without water is after 2 days
    it's just unfair for balancing life and cc

    it's also unfair to people who can water their crops everyday, they have time, we, casual players don't

    and if you say we should get a sprinkler say that to my 3 precious recubes.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    224.85 Karma
    Pyreon said:

    you can't compare real life to cc

    as for cc, i still have the urge to play it but i can't. I have lots of things to do
    it's comparing casual players to the addicted players, or players who play everyday

    farming is a good idea but the dieing of crops just dosen't suit people who don't or can't play all the god damn time

    also, 10 days? what if i just want to water it every, let's say 5 days because of school
    and let's say the time that the plants die without water is after 2 days
    it's just unfair for balancing life and cc

    it's also unfair to people who can water their crops everyday, they have time, we, casual players don't

    and if you say we should get a sprinkler say that to my 3 precious recubes.

    Life will never be fair.
    Farming takes time.In real life it takes way more time than in cc
    If you don't have the time, then maybe you should not farm...Although lowering your sleeping time with 10 minutes to water the plants will not hurt anyone
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    116.60 Karma
    If you want, get a trusted friend to help you water the plants. There's other ways out of this predicament.
  • MeHawkMeHawk Member
    edited November 11 15.10 Karma
    Use quality soil and grow tomatos, since it just need watering once in it.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    116.60 Karma
    MeHawk said:

    Use quality soil and grow tomatos, since it just need watering once in it.

    Well considering this player is still using tomatoes, I would assume they don't have enough recubes for the quality soil o-O
  • MeHawkMeHawk Member
    edited November 11 15.10 Karma
    Well he can try buying at least 5 quality soil with c.
    Some sell it cheap
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 12 5.05 Karma
    Say that to my 6c as well, MeHawk
    If you didn't understand what i said earlier, i said. STUCK IN LIMBO.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    116.60 Karma
    Personally, I don't mind the dying factor of crops. While it does make it harder for some, it's not like growing crops is extremely hard. It's like a comparison to what farmers of the pre-industrialized world did, worked hard for their crops.
  • MeHawkMeHawk Member
    15.10 Karma
    Pyreon said:

    Say that to my 6c as well, MeHawk
    If you didn't understand what i said earlier, i said. STUCK IN LIMBO.

    Do you need help in earning C?
    i can help you with that, cause i'm hiring people for collecting resources.
    if you want i can provide a job for u.
  • ShaantiShaanti Member
    11.00 Karma
    Pyreon said:

    Say that to my 6c as well, MeHawk
    If you didn't understand what i said earlier, i said. STUCK IN LIMBO.

    You will continue to be stuck unless you water your plants. I don’t see why you can’t log in for five minutes to water them. At level 4 you can't have more than 50. I water 50 everyday twice a day, and it takes less than five minutes all together. Put a workbench with some water on your farm so you can refill your watering cans easily, and have 5 watering cans so you can water all at once without refilling. Recipe for workbench is 2 iron, 2 sticks, 2 stone blocks, and any tree trunk. Recipe for watering can is iron and yellow dye. You just need a few minutes and your farm will be great.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 14 5.05 Karma
    Okay, you guys don't see that we're not talking about LAZINESS, it's about the TIME I HAVE.

    Can you please stop talking and babbling about how industrious everyone is and that I can't find any time to water crops? I have a life to live. I'm too busy to play this game, every minute counts in my life, I don't want to spend 5 minutes or less watering my crops because if I do, I'm wasting 5 precious minutes of my real world.

    And if you're telling me to start making a new routine by waking up, spending 5 minutes into the game then leave, don't you understand that I keep forgetting to water my plants?

    AND IT"S NOT SIMPLE TO NOT TRY TO FORGET IT BECAUSE IT"S DIAGNOSED THAT I CAN FORGET SOME SIMPLE THINGS

    Like using what key to open each door
    Where to wash the plates
    Where to even pee
    and the likes
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    edited November 14 116.60 Karma
    Pyreon said:

    Okay, you guys don't see that we're not talking about LAZINESS, it's about the TIME I HAVE.

    Can you please stop talking and babbling about how industrious everyone is and that I can't find any time to water crops? I have a life to live. I'm too busy to play this game, every minute counts in my life, I don't want to spend 5 minutes or less watering my crops because if I do, I'm wasting 5 precious minutes of my real world.

    If you know you rather live your life than play, why bother with crops. You now know it takes dedication, if you can't handle it... Welp. That's all you can do.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 14 5.05 Karma
    @CanItBeDone ...
    Rather than I'm a casual player, i'm also losing interest in the game.
    I play very rarely

    Also, I need opinions from casual players, not people who play this game all the god damn time and wakes up and spends 5 minuets to JUST WATER CROPS?
  • spOOkalonispOOkaloni Member
    43.80 Karma
    I had crops, never had time to play cc, they died. Didn’t have any recubed or more crops, couldn’t buy starter pack.
    And don’t attack me with JUST BUY CROPS.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    14.05 Karma
    Get a trusted friend to water it if he/she is an active farmer just give em and easy access door and water
  • U  U Member
    95.40 Karma
    I have little time but I was able to make some time to water my crops and got sprinklers. So now I only need to come on every 5 Days or so to check my crops.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    116.60 Karma
    Pyreon said:

    @CanItBeDone ...
    Rather than I'm a casual player, i've also lost interest in the game.
    I play very rarely

    Also, I need opinions from casual players, not people who play this game all the god damn time and wakes up and spends 5 minuets to JUST WATER CROPS?

    Lost interest, but still cares? O-o? I've already mentioned this, but seems like you didn't see it v
    Yakroo said:

    Get a trusted friend to water it if he/she is an active farmer just give em and easy access door and water

  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 14 5.05 Karma
    Losing*

    Yeah I had Grey to water my crops, but that was just 1 week

    Now I know how to solve the problem of the dieing of crops, I can't find a friend who can actually water my crops for eternity.

    Almost all of my friends play rarely and some already quit, those are all my trusted friends


    Don't take this oppurtunity to scam me.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    98.50 Karma
    BJDware said:

    It is possible to lose some if you're timing is right on the 24 hr border. We should probably make it 25hrs and maybe we can update that with halloween update. So for some people maybe theyre just a little late. There may be another issue though.

    Honestly. Crops dying in a casual game is not ideal. I Dread the day where i cannot log on, cause i know most of my time and effort will go down the drain.
    It would be much better, and even fix such issues, if crops did not die, but instead pause on growth if not watered.
    So yes.. i fully agree ;)
  • ZPINOLZPINOL MéxicoMember
    17.70 Karma
    My friends have school and they enter to the game 5 minutes a day only to water the plants. Is hard, and take time. Just how devs want the farm be.
  • 43.85 Karma

    I had crops, never had time to play cc, they died. Didn’t have any recubed or more crops, couldn’t buy starter pack.
    And don’t attack me with JUST BUY CROPS.

    Just buy seeds and sprinkles xD
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    4.35 Karma
    Pyreon said:

    @CanItBeDone ...
    Rather than I'm a casual player, i'm also losing interest in the game.
    I play very rarely

    Not blaming, but why CC should change anything for someone who's losing interest in the game?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    edited November 14 98.50 Karma

    I had crops, never had time to play cc, they died. Didn’t have any recubed or more crops, couldn’t buy starter pack.
    And don’t attack me with JUST BUY CROPS.

    Just buy seeds and sprinkles xD
    Gettings seeds and sprinklers are a mere eventuality. There is still the issue of here and there.

    Pyreon said:

    @CanItBeDone ...
    Rather than I'm a casual player, i'm also losing interest in the game.
    I play very rarely

    Not blaming, but why CC should change anything for someone who's losing interest in the game?
    Outside of the box, instead of focusing singly on one individual's experience, why should players be forced to play each day just to grow farms. Shouldn't the casual and full time players enjoy the feature equally?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    116.60 Karma
    BJDware said:

    I had crops, never had time to play cc, they died. Didn’t have any recubed or more crops, couldn’t buy starter pack.
    And don’t attack me with JUST BUY CROPS.

    Just buy seeds and sprinkles xD
    Gettings seeds and sprinklers are a mere eventuality. There is still the issue of here and there.

    Pyreon said:

    @CanItBeDone ...
    Rather than I'm a casual player, i'm also losing interest in the game.
    I play very rarely

    Not blaming, but why CC should change anything for someone who's losing interest in the game?
    Outside of the box, instead of focusing singly on one individual's experience, why should players be forced to play each day just to grow farms. Shouldn't the casual and full time players enjoy the feature equally?
    The casual player can't spend a couple minutes for a game? I have a younger brother who doesn't play this game, but even he can spend 5 minutes to water the plant. How is this so difficult to manage?
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    14.05 Karma
    Uhhhmm not everyone has wifi daily and sometimes peeps r tired bcuz of a progressive long day irl.
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited November 14 4.35 Karma
    Basically, i don't think that cc has to adapt each feature of the game to each profil of gamer:
    You have time to work on farm, then farm
    You have time to make a huge build, make it
    You just have time to stack 3 blocks... stack 3 block...
    You have time to say hello, say hello^^

    But anyway...as bedone said, it's not that long to farm each day 5 minutes.
    ...nether it's the work of admin to worry of the daily wifi quality of players....
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    98.50 Karma
    Kinda disappointed in the lack of insight here.
    Many situations offer the lack of accessibility. Work/school changes, loss/damage of device, sickness/hospitalization, sudden responsibilities that may derive a player from accessing the game. etcetera. I Am not just speaking of those who choose to not play frequently, but why should that matter if that was the case? With such an idea that crops pause growth or incur a delay of a kind, will not break the game and still reward those who can frequent the feature.
    Complete destruction of ones hard work due to the lack/loss of access is too much in my opinion.

    I Am also yet to see a constructive or valid reason as to why not.
    "Simply do not farm", "Not hard to log on", "why change".
    Who is it going to harm if it was changed? Who is it going to benefit?
    How would you feel if you were placed under such circumstances where you lost crops? Some people may not see it as a big deal, but not everyone shares the same situational perspective.
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    4.35 Karma
    BJDware said:


    How would you feel if you were placed under such circumstances where you lost crops? Some people may not see it as a big deal, but not everyone shares the same situational perspective.

    To say truth BJD, i never talk about things i dont know, so to answer you, i've been in that situation of losing much crops and wasting huge harvest.
    And it's because of knowing rules that i fully accepted my loss. I was rather like: "stupid me" than "why dont they make it easier to farm"
    When the time came to take a break, i just put the farm aside.

    What you call "improving the farm" is just "another sight of the actual farm" to me. Sad to see that not sharing your point of view is a "lake of insight".

    So at your question "Who is it going to harm if it was changed? Who is it going to benefit?"
    > Make happy players who are about leaving the game or who rarely play the game.
    > Unreward players who hope specialize in farm thing and stuff since it would be even easier to farm.
    > Adding stuff to admin... a stuff that i think unescessary

    and finaly... complaining about something you wouldnt have been able to complain before that awesome farm update.
  • SidddSiddd UKGame Moderator
    29.65 Karma
    BJDware said:

    Kinda disappointed in the lack of insight here.
    Many situations offer the lack of accessibility. Work/school changes, loss/damage of device, sickness/hospitalization, sudden responsibilities that may derive a player from accessing the game. etcetera. I Am not just speaking of those who choose to not play frequently, but why should that matter if that was the case? With such an idea that crops pause growth or incur a delay of a kind, will not break the game and still reward those who can frequent the feature.
    Complete destruction of ones hard work due to the lack/loss of access is too much in my opinion.

    I Am also yet to see a constructive or valid reason as to why not.
    "Simply do not farm", "Not hard to log on", "why change".
    Who is it going to harm if it was changed? Who is it going to benefit?
    How would you feel if you were placed under such circumstances where you lost crops? Some people may not see it as a big deal, but not everyone shares the same situational perspective.

    I completely agree with this, thanks BJD, it seems so silly to me that you are punished for not playing, in the form of dead crops. Have school? Too bad. Got sick? Too bad, etc etc. To say "you can just stop farming" is wrong, especially if you have a 4 or 5 day crop on the go. Sure you can stop farming.. in 5 days time. In reality life isn't like that, sometimes things happen that you cannot control and to be punished for that is just plain wrong...
Sign In or Register to comment.