Cubic Game Master2 has won the Ghost Costume raffle! Next drawing prize is a Krampus Mask!
Cubic Halloween Town judging has come to an end, results are now live!

Is A Parkour That Requires 100c To Buy A Ticket Considered a "scam"?

LateComLateCom FamiliarMember, Familiar
in General Chat 15.85 Karma
So tell me folks,
Mods, admins, and fellow CC comerades,
As per what the rules and guidelines say:
"Games of skill such as creative building contests using foundation blocks, or parkour races may be allowed, but player complaints or reports of fake contests or undelivered prizes could lead to a permanent ban from the game for the organizers of these events. Moderators or admins may choose to shut these events down at their discretion if they determine the event to be malicious. We would encourage players not to join such contests unless they know the organizers well and trust them. You join at your own risk. Lost entry fees will not be returned. "

Doesn't parkour go under the catergory "GAME OF SKILL"?
Is It A Scam, Is It Not?
Why Does Everyone Say That A Parkour That Needs C to Enter Is A Scam?
I Object.
In My Opinion, This Isn't A Scam.

Assassinations has WON this parkour and has been the FIRST one so far to win it,
so it has been proven to be a real parkour.

Mods, @scorto7
@"Moe no Wing"
@Superxtreme
@ SirKewberth
@ CosmicCow

Please Deside What the correct action that has to be taken.

Realm: The E-Lited Race.

Please take FULL ACTION if you decide that what i am practicing is a scam.
Please Ban Me If You Must.

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    122.40 Karma
    Parkour is something that I would consider a skill, and so do the staff, as it clearly states that games of skills... parkour races may be allowed. Because parkour isn't really a game of chance like pick the block, then I would assume it's fine.
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    34.95 Karma
    Pay-to-play parkour is the reason the rules were implemented. If it costs 100c, with unlimited lives, I think that is fine. BUT if it is limited lives and pay-to-play, it's considered a scam, because not everyone is the same skill level, devices lag, people of a younger age group/audience.. etc.. there are many reasons it could be unfair, and considered a "scam".

Just make it pay-to-play, and unlimited lives to give all those people who paid a REAL and fair chance.

That's my take on this topic, personally.
  • 24.65 Karma
    I agree with limited. Also fix up those tickets into stacks of two or use warp food as the door eats up atleast 2 tickets to enter
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    30.35 Karma
    I got 2nd place :D
  • LateComLateCom FamiliarMember, Familiar
    edited November 11 15.85 KarmaFamiliar
    owh owkies! thx for the opinions!
    EDIT: but that doesnt fix the NOOBS opinion on it as a scam though. CC needs to be more clear as nobody would really read the rules and guidelines clearly.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    122.40 Karma
    LateCom said:

owh owkies! thx for the opinions!
    EDIT: but that doesnt fix the NOOBS opinion on it as a scam though. CC needs to be more clear as nobody would really read the rules and guidelines clearly.

The staff can make the guidelines more clear than necessary, but you'll still have people who refuse to believe it. They expect a prize, for free. They expect everything for nothing. What can we do? If players can't see through that mundane, then we'll never expect them to. Just keep informing and informing.
    15.85 KarmaFamiliar
    yeh. thinking of making a giveaway this christmas.
    till then nothing will be free. heh.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    8.15 Karma
    As long as the parkour is possible to complete, then it's okay. There have been cases in the past where parkours were could only be finished by using glitches, and I think that's where the problems came in.

Just make it a fair parkour and there shouldn't be any problems :)
    (Personally I don't like parkours that charge, whether they give a prize or not, parkour is for enjoyment. But as far as breaking rules go, you should be in the clear.)
    15.85 KarmaFamiliar
    Bump, cafe de terno wants to see this,
  • King EditionKing Edition FamiliarMember, Familiar
    0.35 KarmaFamiliar
    these are fair alsong as the warp food isnt fake/ the parkour is impossible etc..
    its a game of skill so its not realy a scam