About Recube....

Why don't make recube can put in piggy too?
And at cash register can trade with recube.
Use recube buy stuff from another.

Comments

• LateCom said:

That will kill the uses of recube.
    Its different than cubits bro...

What u mean kill the use recube?
  • LateCom said:

That will kill the uses of recube.
    Its different than cubits bro...

What u mean kill the use recube?
    He means that it will decrease the value of the recubes and make them absolutely worthless, just like cubits nowadays! :P
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2017

It's simple economics. The more of a certain currency there is, the less value it has. Because recubes are farmable, you can bring in a constant income of them. The price of recubes has already dropped a ton since the update, and will continue dropping until it bottoms out. The difference between a player paying you and the Farmer paying you is that the money the player paid you was already circulating in the community, they most likely got it from someone else. Yes, people buy cubits, but not enough to tip the system. Also, whenever someone buys something from the store, those cubits they spent are destroyed, put out of circulation. Recubes are spent in the store as well, but you can make as many of them as you want. So if recubes became tradeable, no one would use cubits anymore, and recubes would continue to lose value while prices would constantly fluctuate. A.k.a., a disaster. Think of it this way, cubits are real money, but if recubes were tradeable, they would have the value of counterfeit money, since you can make them. Money has to circulate.

People nowadays are buying slightly more cubits than are being spent in the Store, so the value of Cubits is slowly dropping. However, after 3 years, their value hasn't dropped that much. Sir Kewberth has a pretty good system going on here. A cubit from 3 years ago is worth about 4 cubits now.
  • JackFury said:

People nowadays are buying slightly more cubits than are being spent in the Store, so the value of Cubits is slowly dropping. However, after 3 years, their value hasn't dropped that much. Sir Kewberth has a pretty good system going on here. A cubit from 3 years ago is worth about 4 cubits now.

How so is a cubit from 3 years ago worth 4 cubits now.
    a lot of stuff was more expensive back then. back then cowls were easily 50c now they are 15-45c. and a lot of other stuff like mineables, top hats other cheap hats were more expensive back then. Where do you base your statement on?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    JackFury said:

It's simple economics. The more of a certain currency there is, the less value it has. Because recubes are farmable, you can bring in a constant income of them. The price of recubes has already dropped a ton since the update, and will continue dropping until it bottoms out. The difference between a player paying you and the Farmer paying you is that the money the player paid you was already circulating in the community, they most likely got it from someone else. Yes, people buy cubits, but not enough to tip the system. Also, whenever someone buys something from the store, those cubits they spent are destroyed, put out of circulation. Recubes are spent in the store as well, but you can make as many of them as you want. So if recubes became tradeable, no one would use cubits anymore, and recubes would continue to lose value while prices would constantly fluctuate. A.k.a., a disaster. Think of it this way, cubits are real money, but if recubes were tradeable, they would have the value of counterfeit money, since you can make them. Money has to circulate.

Like you said, cubits are different from recubes. The idea that recubes will replace cubits is absurd. The price of recubes haven't drop, because there was never a price. You have prices for items that gives recubes, but not the recubes itself. Like recubes , cubits are also "farmable." You can mine blocks to get them. And because of this, recubes will not replace cubits. I think you comparisons to real life economy is a bit off, especially with your statement about cubit inflation.
  • JackFury said:

Like you said, cubits are different from recubes. The idea that recubes will replace cubits is absurd. The price of recubes haven't drop, because there was never a price. You have prices for items that gives recubes, but not the recubes itself. Like recubes , cubits are also "farmable." You can mine blocks to get them. And because of this, recubes will not replace cubits. I think you comparisons to real life economy is a bit off, especially with your statement about cubit inflation.
    I said this in another discussion replying to yours lol, and I'll say it here as well. The term "inflating" is used whenever a currency begins to lose value rapidly. When the recubes first came out, it was 300c for 1 recube. Now it's almost 1rc for 1c, or at most 1rc for 2c. This is an example of inflation. XD
  • Recubes are the currency that cannot be scammed
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    What are you guys talking about? You already can.

For example: Hey i’ll buy your black cat 20,000 recubes. They would then trade the equivalent of 20,000 recubes in crops for it. Say 2,000 wheat..
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    JackFury said:

JackFury said:

I said this in another discussion replying to yours lol, and I'll say it here as well. The term "inflating" is used whenever a currency begins to lose value rapidly. When the recubes first came out, it was 300c for 1 recube. Now it's almost 1rc for 1c, or at most 1rc for 2c. This is an example of inflation. XD
    I don't want to have a debate that takes over in two separate thread, so I'll put my main points here. Let me ask, how does inflation work on a solid currency such as cubits? Does one cubit equate to ten? Of course not. The value of cubits does not change. What changes is the items you can purchase with the cubits. What you are sorely mistaking is not the inflation of cubits/recubes, but the inflation of the items price.

Let's take an example that was really nicely done.
    U said:

What are you guys talking about? You already can.

For example: Hey i’ll buy your black cat 20,000 recubes. They would then trade the equivalent of 20,000 recubes in crops for it. Say 2,000 wheat..

If the price for black cats remains constant, with the currency being recubes, does the black cat become higher because the recube inflated? No, you are trying to compare something with really no real value to something that is a base for economy. This is not the real worlds economy where you have dozens of different currency. In Cubic Castle, you have one currency: cubits.

Again, it puts one of your earlier statement about inflation into light. "A cubit from 3 years ago is now 4 cubits." Yea, sorry that's not how it works here. What you are thinking about is the inflated price of real money. In Cubic Castle, one cubit always equates to one cubit. Another one of your points says that recubes has the value of counterfeit money.

"????" What? Recubes can be destroyed just like cubits, why else do they exist in the first place?
    edited November 2017
    I misread oops
    U said:

I misread oops

My fault, I should have made it much clearer. I has no intention of dragging you into this xdd

U said:

I misread oops

My fault, I should have made it much clearer. I has no intention of dragging you into this xdd
    lol, I saw I was quoted then just read what was after it. Which lead to me immediately commenting. Then I reread your entire comment and saw what I missed and changed it lol.
  • I think what Jack was saying is
    What was 1 cubits 3 years ago is equivalent to 4 cubits nowadays
    Pimydd said:

I think what Jack was saying is
    What was 1 cubits 3 years ago is equivalent to 4 cubits nowadays

Yea, I know. But that's not how it works. What he's mistaking is the value of a cubit to the price of an item.