Yourface2684Yourface2684 Member
edited November 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Closed!

Comments

• There is already a command for /Mods and /Admins. It is used to see if you hold the power of a Moderator or an Administrator
  • I didn't know there are mobs in Cubic Castles.
  • lucaaa795 said:

epieownz said:

I didn't know there are mobs in Cubic Castles.

There are mobs in Cubic Castles!
    Fairies Slymes Spudbugs Ghosts in boxes and even placed plasm traps are mobs (MOBs)
    Boi. He meant "Mods"
  • lucaaa795 said:

epieownz said:

Fairies Slymes Spudbugs Ghosts in boxes and even placed plasm traps are mobs (MOBs)
    Fair point, XD
  • lucaaa795 said:

epieownz said:

Boi. He meant "Mods"
    he meant mobs
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    NO JUST NO

This will only cause scammers to have a free road....

Sure it will help with dealing with scams in low ammount of cases but scammers can just look if any mods are on and if there arent any they just go and scam

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

NO JUST NO

Sure it will help with dealing with scams in low ammount of cases but scammers can just look if any mods are on and if there arent any they just go and scam

Looking at what happens on a regular basis, I highly doubt knowing whether moderators are online or not would discourage scammers. Most believe they can get away with it, and will continue on with their plans, regardless. Not to mention, most scammers probably don't know if a moderator is online right now, so... yea...
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

NO JUST NO

Looking at what happens on a regular basis, I highly doubt knowing whether moderators are online or not would discourage scammers. Most believe they can get away with it, and will continue on with their plans, regardless. Not to mention, most scammers probably don't know if a moderator is online right now, so... yea...
    I agree with elemental. They would just see if any mods are on and only scam if there is no mods on.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    u said:

NO JUST NO

I agree with elemental. They would just see if any mods are on and only scam if there is no mods on.
    Mm, I think I already said why that wouldn't matter, but sure...
    edited October 2017

u said:

NO JUST NO

Okay, let me reword what I said I didn’t explain very well.

This wouldn’t do anything for the scammers who think they can get away with everything. They would continue scamming. But, there would also be smart scammers who scam when nobody is on that can ban them. Yes, people can take screen shots and send them to a mod but if none are on smarter scammers will scam in those time periods.

As for the suggestion, it doesn’t matter if you can tell if a moderator is on or not. Knowing they are on doesn’t help you bust the scammer. Sending a screen shot to a moderator already works pretty well. If this was added I can see someone holla’ing OMG HINTER I GOT SCAMMED TP I KNOW YOU’RE ON!!! Hinter ends up either teleporting to them going away from what he wants to do or doesn’t and gets hate for not helping them even though they can take a screen shot and send it to a moderator or even use the report button. I’ll rethink this if I read even one good reason to add this but right now i’m at a lost.
    u said:

u said:

NO JUST NO

This wouldn’t do anything for the scammers who think they can get away with everything. They would continue scamming. But, there would also be smart scammers who scam when nobody is on that can ban them. Yes, people can take screen shots and send them to a mod but if none are on smarter scammers will scam in those time periods.

As for the suggestion, it doesn’t matter if you can tell if a moderator is on or not. Knowing they are on doesn’t help you bust the scammer. Sending a screen shot to a moderator already works pretty well. If this was added I can see someone holla’ing OMG HINTER I GOT SCAMMED TP I KNOW YOU’RE ON!!! Hinter ends up either teleporting to them going away from what he wants to do or doesn’t and gets hate for not helping them even though they can take a screen shot and send it to a moderator or even use the report button. I’ll rethink this if I read even one good reason to add this but right now i’m at a lost.
    Well I do agree that whether this feature was to be added, it wouldn't really matter. But if this was to be added, it wouldn't really benefit any scammer. This is just how I think, so yea, let's not talk fawn over that statement I made. :P
  • I don't think it would be the best looks like more harm than good. Can be helpful in those situations. But people might just wanna spam the mods/admins. Or just send stuff that is random. I think the report system is good as it is right now. Still our best option.
  • u said:

u said:

NO JUST NO

Good Point.
    We are not only the qbees in Cubic Castles as i know there are 15+ people getting scammed right now and some people as a newbie or a experienced person need to ask help. We only have 9 available moderators and we have 1000 people online, if a mod is online and lets say.., 5 people ask for help to the same mod, who will help him / her?
    It would be ahard work for the moderators to do their work at the same time. So sending a screenshot and using the report button might be the best way to report a player or a realm.

u said:

u said:

NO JUST NO

Well I do agree that whether this feature was to be added, it wouldn't really matter. But if this was to be added, it wouldn't really benefit any scammer. This is just how I think, so yea, let's not talk fawn over that statement I made. :P
    Sounds good.
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    I can se the desk of the mods pop up with a request every second. And the majority with false alarms
  • To be honest this has it's pros and cons.
    Yes, scammers will see whether mods are online and pick when to scam but at the moment they scam freely whether are on or not.
  • I would agree if the command was called /stalk . Or if the the staff could chose if they're available or not, even though they're online .
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    NoeNt said:

NO JUST NO

Not really.. as I said it would be good to show if mods are online when they have the mod tag on...when they are clocked without the tag then it will trick scammed being cacthed. .
    That would indeed be a way but after busting like 3 people everyone will know that trick too
  • i dunno i can imagine ppl stalking this ability as a way to try and get a mod to visit them to do things like take a picture with them... or stalking them

NoeNt said:

NO JUST NO

Not really.. as I said it would be good to show if mods are online when they have the mod tag on...when they are clocked without the tag then it will trick scammed being cacthed. .
    That would indeed be a way but after busting like 3 people everyone will know that trick too
    Yeah but 99% of the time mods are cloaked unless they’re dealing with something. Well I guess Hinter wasnt cloaked some times but he doesn’t really play anymore.