!Closing Threads Faster!

edited October 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Some of you agree, some of you disagree.

I think we better should close threads by ourselves, not asking a mod to help us. I already requested gdog twice to close a thread, and he did, only in 5 hours. Also, if someone's mean in a thread, some moderators are not online at the time and don't look at the discussion.

Not talking about all mods, but some do.

Comments

• Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    You can always PM an active forum moderator, or use the flag option if you think that your thread has gone off-topic, people are mean, or you want it locked. :)
  • edited October 2017

You can always PM an active forum moderator, or use the flag option if you think that your thread has gone off-topic, people are mean, or you want it locked. :)

I understand, but not all moderators are online at all times and look at 100 discussions a day, and everyone says "Do it, report me. Reports NEVER EVER work! Hahaha!"

Edit: How can you see/know that a mod/admin is active?
  • LiteRary said:

I understand, but not all moderators are online at all times and look at 100 discussions a day, and everyone says "Do it, report me. Reports NEVER EVER work! Hahaha!"

You can't see indeed, but sometimes they can say "I'm inactive for a time" or "I'm active nowadays", but you shouldn't see that.

You can always PM to them.
    at the PM they say that?
  • LiteRary said:

LiteRary said:

You can't see indeed, but sometimes they can say "I'm inactive for a time" or "I'm active nowadays", but you shouldn't see that.

You can always PM to them.
    at the PM they say that?
    Not sure, sometimes in Activity, sometimes to their activity wall, sometimes as a discussion... You can understand if you PM to him/her.

He/She will answer you or not. Just try PM for those discussions, or what you would like to say...
    THEY MIGHT BE OFFLINE FOR A DAY OR SO AND MIGHT NOT READ THE PM.....

edit: sorry for caps, and going offline for 3 hours.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Personally, I reply to all PMs fairly quick, and if I have the time I check every single thread.
    You can always use the flag option, though.
  • I do feel like we should be able to close out own threads, or at least if we are a 'familiar'. :D Is there a reason as to why we're not allowed access to this feature? -
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    *Bub* said:

I do feel like we should be able to close out own threads, or at least if we are a 'familiar'. :D Is there a reason as to why we're not allowed access to this feature? -

because just like most forums, this is a moderator/administrator feature only.

• scorto7 said:

*Bub* said:

I do feel like we should be able to close out own threads, or at least if we are a 'familiar'. :D Is there a reason as to why we're not allowed access to this feature? -

But shouldn't it just be to 'close' threads if they are inappropriate? Well at least that's how i think :D

• *Bub* said:

scorto7 said:

*Bub* said:

But shouldn't it just be to 'close' threads if they are inappropriate? Well at least that's how i think :D

True, and fair enough.