A way to fix farming.

KirodashiKirodashi Member
edited October 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
At the beginning of farming, everyone was very excited and all the farm materials were pricey. But now, since everyone has better stuff and some people even have tractors, interest is low and farming prices are low. Additionally, there’s nothing to do once you get everything (except for buying recube items).

My idea is that farming be split up into 4 3-month seasons. Different crops would be available during each season to match real life seasonal crops. At the end of each season, your recubes would be transferred into cubits. (EX: 1 recube =10 cubits) Recube only items (except the recube decorations/flowers) would also turn into cubits, based on their price on the farm store. This would basically make it so you restart every 3 months. It would also bring more interest to farming, and people who get everything don’t have to be bored when they finish everything.

Comments

• I like the open sandbox nature of farming and I feel that such drastic changes would not make those whose interest have fallen to the wayside interested again. If anything you can personally simulate the conditions you explained by starting from scratch and only planting crops during specific seasons. Farming is simply not complex enough to fully entertain an individual as it is a side feature not the focus of CC like say Stardew Valley. This game is largely about setting your own goals and investing time into what tickles your fancy. I would like it to remain that way.
  • Agreed. Hopefully will be added =)
    +1
    (You should add a Poll)
  • Agreed. Hopefully will be added =)
    +1
    (You should add a Poll)

Poll added.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Just to be clear, and I can understand why people might want this, but recubes will never convert to cubits or vice versa. It would destroy the purpose of having the alternate earn- only currency, and allowing currency you can farm for to turn into cubits would destroy the game economy, and the game itself. So that won't happen.

I do like the idea of adding seasonal elements though.

I would like to point out that it wasn't a mystery to us that people would eventually have large farms and large recube balances and be looking for more to do with farming, and so it was always planned to introduce more items/recube packs / recube game elements etc... And those will come. I think a few with the thanksgiving update in Nov.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited October 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

I would like to point out that it wasn't a mystery to us that people would eventually have large farms and large recube balances and be looking for more to do with farming, and so it was always planned to introduce more items/recube packs / recube game elements etc... And those will come. I think a few with the thanksgiving update in Nov.

For gods sake dont add them in the festive pack if you want people to grow many of them.
    smh
    Just add them in the recube section..Or in both

I did not mean to say they would be IN the thanksgiving pack. I said they would probably come into the game with that update. That is.. at the same time.
    LiteRary said:

Have you begun making Thanksgiving items? How those are like?

The thanksgiving pack is a smaller pack compared to halloween and xmas. There's some limit to the theme. As for what's in the pack well... you'll have to wait and see :-)

lucaaa795 said:

Pumpkin seeds were festive pack-only so it was possible to make these pack only tooo.
    Anyways it'd be great to see them outside the festive pack.

Yeah that was an appropriate one-off thing. It just made sense to put pumpkin seeds in the Halloween pack and let you carve jack-o-lanterns from them no?
  • I like the idea of seasonal seeds in addition to the current set of seeds that would be standard/year around. (And yea, it would make more sense for pumpkin seeds to be seasonal than in a Halloween pack, as it is a typical fall seed...and I still want to be able to make some pumpkin pies from them in addition to just carving them, which we'd likely use for Thanksgiving and maybe Christmas).

I agree that a transfer system of changing recubes to cubits would be abysmal. You already have the option to purchase recube items and sell them for cubits anyway...so it's a transfer system of sorts, just takes a little more work.

I would like to see more options to purchase things/decorations with recubes though, as I eventually acquire more of them...but I'm still a long way off from that...I'm still a noob when it comes to farming, as I'm more focused on mining since I can't always get into the game daily right now. But that's okay...slow and steady with the farming is okay with me.
  • @SirKewberth Thanks for the quick reply. I have a question, would it be a plausible idea to make some packs in the Cubit Store purchasable with recubes? atm there’s nothing to do with them outside of farming except for deco. And for those who are saying you can farm and sell crops to others, it’s not really worth it because not one crop is valued over 100c at the current market prices...
  • Just to be clear, and I can understand why people might want this, but recubes will never convert to cubits or vice versa. It would destroy the purpose of having the alternate earn- only currency, and allowing currency you can farm for to turn into cubits would destroy the game economy, and the game itself. So that won't happen.

I do like the idea of adding seasonal elements though.

FINALLY AN EXPLAINATION !!!!

Kirodashi said:

@SirKewberth Thanks for the quick reply. I have a question, would it be a plausible idea to make some packs in the Cubit Store purchasable with recubes? atm there’s nothing to do with them outside of farming except for deco. And for those who are saying you can farm and sell crops to others, it’s not really worth it because not one crop is valued over 100c at the current market prices...

All I can say is we're going to add more recube items that may be of value to players. Packs that are currently cubit packs probably won't become recube packs, but may become craftable. I won't entirely rule it out though.
  • -1, i like the actual farming system
  • I'd like to see some luck-based packs in recube store :)
  • well.. hopefully add some more recube items in store...
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Question to @SirKewberth
    Will the pumpkin seeds/future event seeds be coming back every year? If not I can see these seeds going thousands of cubits each.. they’re already 100 cubits each but once most of them have been planted and grown they will rise and rise.. unless they come back some way. And let’s be honest a thousand cubits or more for a seed is a bit crazy. Who knows they could be 1k each by next Halloween.
    I had thought that probably the pumpkin seeds would make an annual appearance, but I won't make any promises, because you're asking me about a pack a year from now that hasn't even begun to enter the design process.
  • u said:

Question to @SirKewberth
    Will the pumpkin seeds/future event seeds be coming back every year? If not I can see these seeds going thousands of cubits each.. they’re already 100 cubits each but once most of them have been planted and grown they will rise and rise.. unless they come back some way. And let’s be honest a thousand cubits or more for a seed is a bit crazy. Who knows they could be 1k each by next Halloween.

Seeds aren't going to rise much. How do I know? They just won't. They look like every other seed (practically invisible) so that makes them not unique looking. The only benefit to having them is 20rc each (and deco), but even then who will buy them? The economy is down in farming, unless they added like 10,000rc clothing packs or something, but if the current state of the recube section stays blank for a while, nobody will want to buy seeds. Other crops will be less and worth more than a single pumpkin seed. It would be illogical to buy them. Also, new farmers/players to the game won't even know they exist, since they aren't in the store. And older players would have no need for them, since they will all have such big farms already and pumpkins won't make a difference to their rc amount. I don't see a huge market in seeds as of right now. 100c each is crazy, but 25c/5rc is a pretty good deal right now, since farming is so new to many people still. 1000c/20rc... well I feel sorry for whoever is selling them, because they are really desperate to rip off new people like that.

Maybe I am wrong, but I really don't see a huge future in the seeds. This is just my POV. Maybe you know something I don't, or have a prediction that makes more sense than my own, but whatever. Just wanted to say my piece. :P
    Liberated said:

u said:

Question to @SirKewberth

Seeds aren't going to rise much. How do I know? They just won't. They look like every other seed (practically invisible) so that makes them not unique looking. The only benefit to having them is 20rc each (and deco), but even then who will buy them? The economy is down in farming, unless they added like 10,000rc clothing packs or something, but if the current state of the recube section stays blank for a while, nobody will want to buy seeds. Other crops will be less and worth more than a single pumpkin seed. It would be illogical to buy them. Also, new farmers/players to the game won't even know they exist, since they aren't in the store. And older players would have no need for them, since they will all have such big farms already and pumpkins won't make a difference to their rc amount. I don't see a huge market in seeds as of right now. 100c each is crazy, but 25c/5rc is a pretty good deal right now, since farming is so new to many people still. 1000c/20rc... well I feel sorry for whoever is selling them, because they are really desperate to rip off new people like that.

Maybe I am wrong, but I really don't see a huge future in the seeds. This is just my POV. Maybe you know something I don't, or have a prediction that makes more sense than my own, but whatever. Just wanted to say my piece. :P
    Forgetting they are on a crafting recipe.
  • Kirodashi said:

At the beginning of farming, everyone was very excited and all the farm materials were pricey. But now, since everyone has better stuff and some people even have tractors, interest is low and farming prices are low. Additionally, there’s nothing to do once you get everything (except for buying recube items).

My idea is that farming be split up into 4 3-month seasons. Different crops would be available during each season to match real life seasonal crops. At the end of each season, your recubes would be transferred into cubits. (EX: 1 recube =10 cubits) Recube only items (except the recube decorations/flowers) would also turn into cubits, based on their price on the farm store. This would basically make it so you restart every 3 months. It would also bring more interest to farming, and people who get everything don’t have to be bored when they finish everything.

I'd like to buy a vowel.
  • u said:

Liberated said:

u said:

Question to @SirKewberth

I mentioned that as well. I just didn't go into detail about it. I said: "The only benefit to having them is 20rc each (and deco), but even then who will buy them?"

Maybe the craftable decoration will be 1000c each, but never the seeds.
  • *Bub**Bub* Member
    edited October 2017
    Kirodashi said:

Maybe Seasonal Crops can become a 'thing', Each season new crops come out? You can plant them up until the next season so that way each seed is useless until its season is around again. Plus with seasons reoccurring it will prevent a rise in the price of seeds and add something interesting to farming. And Maybe Different crops will need different nutrients - for example, more water or fertilizer / plant food if this would be added .

Liberated said:

u said:

Liberated said:

u said:

Question to @SirKewberth

I mentioned that as well. I just didn't go into detail about it. I said: "The only benefit to having them is 20rc each (and deco), but even then who will buy them?"

Maybe the craftable decoration will be 1000c each, but never the seeds.
    Ah, didn't read that part. I figured deco would drop and seeds would go up. (More deco is created removing the seeds so deco goes down seeds go up.) But, yeah you're probably right.
  • No convert to recube.
    But I enjoy the idea of monthly stuff