Spider Den scam

FROM ALL THe possible designs for the spider den you had to make it look like a black marble? Saw too many people getting scammed, it’s their fault they didn’t read but is it possible to change the texture?

Comments

• FROM ALL THe possible designs for the spider den you had to make it look like a black marble? Saw too many people getting scammed, it’s their fault they didn’t read but is it possible to change the texture?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
    You have taught scammers a new trick!
  • FROM ALL THe possible designs for the spider den you had to make it look like a black marble? Saw too many people getting scammed, it’s their fault they didn’t read but is it possible to change the texture?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
    You just have to comment something with no sense at all, and obv you didn’t read what i said...
    Allow me to explain, i said i already saw scammers using this trick, i didn’t do a holla or anything telling all the scammers in cc about the scam geez

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
    You just have to comment something with no sense at all, and obv you didn’t read what i said...
    Allow me to explain, i said i already saw scammers using this trick, i didn’t do a holla or anything telling all the scammers in cc about the scam geez
    well the forums doesn't have a wall that keeps scammers out
  • No one is teaching scammers. They're just telling people to look out for a scam that's already being used.
  • No one is teaching scammers. They're just telling people to look out for a scam that's already being used.

well there are some scammers that don't know of it
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I kinda agree with LiteRary here, I compared them myself and I feel as though they are different enough. If something seems too good to be true (i.e very low price) then it usually is, and if it is indeed a considerably low price item, I would hope people have the moral judgement to make sure with the owner that the price is set correctly ;)
  • I hate the lvl 1 and lvl 49 swap scam.Its annoying
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    King Dice said:

I hate the lvl 1 and lvl 49 swap scam.Its annoying

Please explain how this scam works? Maybe we can do something about it.
  • King Dice said:

Happens with any pet, you think you’re buying a level 49 pet, but the scammer swaps it with a level 0 pet, there’s always a confirmation tab tho.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

King Dice said:

Happens with any pet, you think you’re buying a level 49 pet, but the scammer swaps it with a level 0 pet, there’s always a confirmation tab tho.
    Well isn't that pretty old? It's been pretty much dealt with, the only part left is for players to realize that the pet isn't level 49.
  • King Dice said:

Well isn't that pretty old? It's been pretty much dealt with, the only part left is for players to realize that the pet isn't level 49.
    Sometimes they forget to check cause they might be excited, or just make a honest mistake
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Bluejay_1 said:

King Dice said:

Sometimes they forget to check cause they might be excited, or just make a honest mistake
    Well there's that, but I don't really see how anything else can be done for that :P.
  • Bluejay_1 said:

King Dice said:

Well there's that, but I don't really see how anything else can be done for that :P.
    Well they could put a HUGE text on it like LEVEL:27 for example
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    *>Remo<* said:

Bluejay_1 said:

King Dice said:

Big, bold, red/ coloured text would be a good way to make important details, like pet level, stand out.
  • Siddd said:

*>Remo<* said:

Bluejay_1 said:

King Dice said:

Big, bold, red/ coloured text would be a good way to make important details, like pet level, stand out.
    additionally it could be written out. i.e one instead of 1. Someone would notice ‘LEVEL FIFTY’ in red color more than they notice “Level 1”
  • but it should be with numbers since maybe some ppl that dont speak english cant understand "fifty"
    Well yea, putting up a huge text makes it more obvious, but you know, you'll always have some guy who gets scammed even though all these scam prevention methods were implemented. Taking a previous example, people might just get too excited and purchase it immediately. Ignoring the text in the process. To make this clear, I'm not against the idea, just wanted to point this possibility out.
  • OR MAYBE add like a number on the icon? Like if it’s level 1 you’ll see a small 1 (almost invisible) on the spider den
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yeah well this is not the sort of scam I was concerned with to be honest. At some point if people won't read they won't read. I thought maybe there was a way to actually fake the description to show the wrong level or something like that.
  • edited November 2017
    If the seller put level 49 pet first and you click it. It will show Level 49 pet. But when he swaps the pets it still shows level 49 pet unless you click the pet again. That got me once e.e
    But I saw the 2nd confirmation window thankfully...