Apple

Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
edited October 2017 in Help Requests
I always wanted to ask why they take too long to release the update?
Is it because there’s so many games to release? (No i’ve seen games go live in 2 days)
Is it because some games are bigger than cc?
Just curious. @SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Apple reviews every app added to the ios app store to make sure that it is following Apple guidelines. Android and Steam do not. They just release it when the developer says it's ready to go. Since Apple has to review every app, depending on how many apps are in the review queue, it can take a few days for an app to be approved. As well, they can reject a new version of your app for a variety of reasons, in which case you have to make whatever changes they asked for and re-submit the app.
  • OH my lord, ah well thank you, is the update looking good? Maybe update tomorrow/friday?
  • SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
    edited October 2017
    appel appel orange banana!
  • Apple reviews every app added to the ios app store to make sure that it is following Apple guidelines. Android and Steam do not. They just release it when the developer says it's ready to go. Since Apple has to review every app, depending on how many apps are in the review queue, it can take a few days for an app to be approved. As well, they can reject a new version of your app for a variety of reasons, in which case you have to make whatever changes they asked for and re-submit the app.

So basically apple is holding back the Halloween update?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    No the review times are pretty quick these days. It only really becomes a problem if the review times get long and you get rejected and have to fix things. But in general they approve new apps pretty fast.
  • No the review times are pretty quick these days. It only really becomes a problem if the review times get long and you get rejected and have to fix things. But in general they approve new apps pretty fast.

I remember back in the olden days when review times took forever to approve... remember adventure mode?
    Yes there were some slow times. I think either they hired more people or we just hit a bottleneck with people submitting to meet some upgrades to a new ios version or something like that.