Cubic Game Master2 has won the Ghost Costume raffle! Next drawing prize is a Krampus Mask!
Cubic Halloween Town judging has come to an end, results are now live!

What did you struggle with as a new player?

=MGN=RedEagle=MGN=RedEagle Member
in Community 42.00 Karma
I am thinking about making a new player tutorial but first I need to find out what's hard for people to understand when they are new to CC.

1. Adding friends
2. Fast traveling to friends
3. Leaving realms
4. Find out how to unlock your camera
5. Trade
6. Level up
7. Making a password

Post 3 unique things you found hard when first starting out.

Comments

• Daz_DumbledoreDaz_Dumbledore SingaporeMember
    15.85 Karma
    These are the easiest btw. They were so self explanatory. Like dude when I was 11, I already knew these.
  • =MGN=RedEagle=MGN=RedEagle Member
    42.00 Karma
    Some people who have no background in computers sometimes struggle to learn the basics.

I have learned that when you are younger your brain is flexible and able to absorb information but people over 25 who play for the first time and have no background in games may feel lost.

My thinking is if we can make this game accessible why not?
  • NoeNtNoeNt Member
    5.55 Karma

These are the easiest btw. They were so self explanatory. Like dude when I was 11, I already knew these.

If you know english yeah they are easy...

I am thinking about making a new player tutorial but first I need to find out what's hard for people to understand when they are new to CC.

1. Adding friends
    3. Leaving realms
    5. Trade
    6. Level up
    7. Making a password

The hardest part for people is how to start getting cubits and leave realms though..
  • -Joystick--Joystick- Member
    66.50 Karma
    The overworld was a mess, I didn't know where to mine and how to search mines in the overworld
  • *>Remo<**>Remo<* FamiliarMember, Familiar
    edited October 18 23.00 KarmaFamiliar
    i had most trouble learning all these crafting recipes ;-;
  • LateComLateCom FamiliarMember, Familiar
    15.95 KarmaFamiliar
    I had troubles learning the controls and it was hard to adapt -_-

and im still trying to adapt to it.
  • FlooksFlooks Member
    13.35 Karma
    I dont really remember anymore,but what I do know is that I did struggle with the recipes in the learning center.I wanted to craft dye,it said it needed mortar and pestle but I couldnt find the recipe for a while. :)
  • xKing_JorgexxKing_Jorgex Member
    3.40 Karma
    Getting cubits and not knowing how to get them
    42.00 Karma
    Noent said:

1. Adding friends
    3. Leaving realms
    5. Trade
    6. Level up
    7. Making a password

The hardest part for people is how to start getting cubits and leave realms though..
    What do you mean by leave realms?

Like with the overworld/lobby thing?

What did you find as a solution?

Great stuff guys! Keep it coming :D
    edited October 18 15.85 Karma
    I didn't really struggle with anything as a new player. It was just hard to find a guide for what to do when you first start the game. Maybe a video on what a player should do when they first start the game would be good. Honestly, all a player needs to do is to join the forums. Wouldn't say wiki cause it's kinda lacking information currently.
    edited October 18 3.40 Karma
    What did you find as the solution?

Well i learned about the cubic economy and how it works and how to earn cubics. It was a slow learning process but detailed tutorials helps alot
    42.00 Karma

Well i learned about the cubic economy and how it works and how to earn cubics. It was a slow learning process but detailed tutorials helps alot

Cool! I am working on a cubit-economy tutorial :D
    3.40 Karma

I would also teach them the prefixes people use like "k" which means thousand
    example:
    10k= 10 Thousand
    15.85 Karma

example:
    10k= 10 Thousand
    Dude everyone knows k means thousand. Are you just recounting problems you have yourself because nobody needs that.
    3.40 Karma

example:
    10k= 10 Thousand
    Dude everyone knows k means thousand. Are you just recounting problems you have yourself because nobody needs that.
    Would it hurt to include it? Who's to say that everyone knows what it means. Plus i'm just suggesting
  • JackFuryJackFury FamiliarMember, Familiar
    edited October 18 13.00 KarmaFamiliar
    The hardest part for me when I started waaay back was that I didn't read the tutorial completely (like an idiot) and had no idea what Mines where or how to use them, therefore, I thought there was no way for me to get materials

example:
    10k= 10 Thousand
    Dude, you're kinda being a grouch in this discussion. Please take your condescending attitude somewhere else.

• JadabugJadabug Member
    9.70 Karma
    I had the hardest time with the Overworld. I didn't know how to leave it at first so I was just walking around it looking for my realm plus I didn't know how to search up realms in the Overworld for the longest time.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    226.10 Karma
    I had the hardest time with the "join a clan!" quest because the description wasnt really that clear...
    Also i got lost in the overworld a couple of times because i forgot where i placed my realm :')
    good times.
    edited October 18 42.00 Karma

example:
    10k= 10 Thousand
    Never any harm in suggestions. I know that I did not know that before I was 18.
    Jadabug said:

I had the hardest time with the Overworld. I didn't know how to leave it at first so I was just walking around it looking for my realm plus I didn't know how to search up realms in the Overworld for the longest time.

Knowing these sort of things is really cool as now I remember I had a problem with this too. Thanks!
    lucaaa795 said:

I had the hardest time with the "join a clan!" quest because the description wasnt really that clear...
    Also i got lost in the overworld a couple of times because i forgot where i placed my realm :')
    good times.

I have seen a lot of people having a hard time with that one. I wonder if some people think joining a clan is permanent.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenGame Developer
    60.60 Karma
    Interesting side note.. K comes from metric prefixes... K for kilo.. meaning thousands of.. So KiloGrams.. 1000's of grams.. This is originally from Greek I believe.

BUT!

K in computers is not 1000... it's 1024. Why is that? Because in computers numbers go up in powers of 2 because of the way binary numbers work. (lots of powers of 2 numbers in computers you'd recognize like 32, 64, 256, etc..)

So... 2 to the power of 10 == 1024 or 1 kilobyte or 1k of memory.

edited October 18 3.40 Karma

Interesting side note.. K comes from metric prefixes... K for kilo.. meaning thousands of.. So KiloGrams.. 1000's of grams.. This is originally from Greek I believe.

BUT!

K in computers is not 1000... it's 1024. Why is that? Because in computers numbers go up in powers of 2 because of the way binary numbers work. (lots of powers of 2 numbers in computers you'd recognize like 32, 64, 256, etc..)

You know your stuff. Perhaps we shall call you the binary master?
  • LiteRaryLiteRary Member
    51.65 Karma

BUT!

Brain explosions.
  • 8.95 Karma
    Chat, and overworld talks. Also, I messed around with my realm and somehow deleted it in the old account, I don't know how.
  • ValleyValley Member
    17.55 Karma
    I had trouble with scammers... I always got scammed as a new player and I'm sure I'm not the only one
  • NoeNtNoeNt Member
    5.55 Karma

Noent said:

1. Adding friends
    3. Leaving realms
    5. Trade
    6. Level up
    7. Making a password

What do you mean by leave realms?

Like with the overworld/lobby thing?

What did you find as a solution?

Great stuff guys! Keep it coming :D
    Yeah it was a mess for me untill i explored and saw how to do it =)
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    13.55 Karma
    Sorry, I have 4, but a couple are repeats from posts above:

Overworld nuances - ie, don't put your realm in Aspen because of the glitch/bug where it won't last, and the nuances of keeping your realm on the overworld - have to build it in daily, not just visit it daily as the documentation says; stamps don't really have much of an affect even though it says in the documentation that they do, etc.

How to set certain friends as Trusted and how to Ban players from your realm...still haven't figured this out after 3+ months of playing (I use a PC, if it makes a difference) -- do they have to be in your realm when you tag them as trusted or banned? I personally like to ban some folks before they come into my realm from their actions in other realms (or based on my meeting them and their rude behavior in mines), which I've been able to do in other games.

Clans were one of the hardest things to understand/join as there is no central way to figure out all the clans (other than Joystick's forum thread). And it took me forever to figure out which one I might want to join even with the thread. And then poor Ed had to hold my hand in how to 'join' because I didn't really know what I needed to do...but he was great at explaining things to me.

Recipes are still some of the hardest things for me to get into as there isn't an easy way to find the recipe you want quickly in the current page (even opening all the sections and using CNTRL-F to search). I've been thinking this is an area on the wiki that I might work on, as IMO, it's a royal pain to figure out crafting the way things are now. Just need to get some time to do it right.
  • 1.25 Karma
    The hardest thing for me when I started was getting my hands on a cash register. At the time, it was 1,000 cubits! I know that's not relatable for many newcomers these days, but something that would be helpful for them is giving a few examples of scams to watch out for.
  • #Flawless#Flawless Member
    4.10 Karma
    The hardest thing for me was how to trade, buy etc. I didnt know cash registers existed until I looked in the cubit store. The second hardest thing was the overworld, I didnt know how to find stuff such as mines. The third hardest thing was leaving the realm lol, l literally had to find the portal to leave which took a long time.
  • U  U Member
    97.10 Karma
    Maybe some of us cc players could get together and make a tutorial realm that could be added to the lobby? I mean of course the Admins would have to be okay with this but yeah.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 19 13.55 Karma
    A few folks are mentioning needing more warning/info about scams, but have any of you seen the realm that talks about scams? It's in multiple languages, and I thought it was pretty comprehensive when I was starting out. It's accessible from the learning center. Maybe better directions about where to find it would be helpful for newer players. I'm thinking that maybe it's come out since some people started playing or they didn't realize where it was.

I think if players were a bit more methodical about going through what is currently available maybe more people would have a better understanding of many aspects of the game. Of course, it might just be that so much of the good information is a bit disjointed...some is in the forums, some is on the wiki, some are in videos, some are realms built into the game...maybe some instructions on all the places to find all the information that is currently out there might be helpful.