Tutorials Not Good Enough...

Shouldn't we need better tutorials? If you don't, then I do. here's why-----
these are the things that took me a long time to find out when I started Cubic Castles:

1. Adding friends
2. Fast traveling to friends
3. Leaving realms
4. Find out how to unlock your camera
5. Trade
6. Level up
7. Making a password
Could the people make the tutorial a real tutorial? those tutorials are not good enough for newbies.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Camera is automatically unlocked
  • DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember
    I don't think these are needed. They are very self explanatory and if you don't know how to do it...

• For my own part, I've discovered the game lonely, except the tutorial. If someone really want to play this game at 100%, he will go and see every option the game can offer. So, I think like Daz_Dumbledore...
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited October 2017
    Tutorials are to show the basics, specifically the basics that are not blatantly obvious. Things like adding friends, fast traveling, and the start menu should be obvious to anyone who's played a game before. And the exit realm button is literally a picture of walking out a door....
    The tutorial is long enough as it is and teaches plenty. If the tutorial showed every aspect of the game, it wouldn't be much fun to play.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    It took me 1 week to find my realm in the overworld when I first started lol.
    I was like... "Didn't I put my castle here?! Where on earth is it?!"
  • Also, I needed about a MONTH to find out how to put the realm in the overworld, also like in games like Clash of Clans, and BoomBeach, they make a full tutorial describing every feature. We all need to be a smart newbie, also the chat. no newbie I saw talk to anyone. Why? Because they don't know how to.
  • Back in my day, we had to figure out ALMOST everything for ourselves...
    I do support your suggestion, even though people have been playing without for a very long time.
  • I'd prefer to see this type of stuff on the wiki. Have a tutorial to tell you the basics, but specifics should be on a reference site like the wiki.

Personally, I'm not much for spending excessive time in videos (would rather read or be in game), though for this game I've had to watch far more than for any other game to get some of the tips/tricks of the game.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Liberated said:

Back in my day, we had to figure out ALMOST everything for ourselves...
    I do support your suggestion, even though people have been playing without for a very long time.

Back in my day too Lib, but a lot of players taught me everything sooo.
  • b3achy said:

I'd prefer to see this type of stuff on the wiki. Have a tutorial to tell you the basics, but specifics should be on a reference site like the wiki.

Personally, I'm not much for spending excessive time in videos (would rather read or be in game), though for this game I've had to watch far more than for any other game to get some of the tips/tricks of the game.

I understand, but some newbies need to find out about the Wiki and Forums, they cannot find it out themselves.
  • b3achy said:

I'd prefer to see this type of stuff on the wiki. Have a tutorial to tell you the basics, but specifics should be on a reference site like the wiki.

I understand, but some newbies need to find out about the Wiki and Forums, they cannot find it out themselves.
    So the note when you log into the game saying you can update the wiki isn't a good enough clue that there might be a CC wiki available? o.O

They'd also have to figure out there are videos also...I've been playing games for years and the first place I look for info is in either the game site itself, forums or a wiki, though maybe kids these days gravitate naturally toward videos.
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

So the note when you log into the game saying you can update the wiki isn't a good enough clue that there might be a CC wiki available? o.O

They'd also have to figure out there are videos also...I've been playing games for years and the first place I look for info is in either the game site itself, forums or a wiki, though maybe kids these days gravitate naturally toward videos.
    I mean, if they're really new to CC< Then they won't know www.cubicastles.com and Cubic Castles Wiki, I didn't know ROBLOX had a Wiki and forum and after a year I found out.
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

I mean, if they're really new to CC< Then they won't know www.cubicastles.com and Cubic Castles Wiki, I didn't know ROBLOX had a Wiki and forum and after a year I found out.
    www.cubiccastles.com is the games main page :P
    also an idiot would know that they can search "Cubic Castles Wiki" on Google after seeing the note in-game
    also people talk about the forums everyday
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

also an idiot would know that they can search "Cubic Castles Wiki" on Google after seeing the note in-game
    Not all people know that there's a cubic castles wiki. Some people play on phone/iPads. They use the App Store or any app to download cubic castles, not the website. :P
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

Not all people know that there's a cubic castles wiki. Some people play on phone/iPads. They use the App Store or any app to download cubic castles, not the website. :P
    actually, everyone knows wiki does exist because there was a broadcast about it
  • Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    you see it every time you go to a realm/room/overworld
  • Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    eh... the broadcast is about the halloween contest now...
  • Piratax10 said:

Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    oh yea
    well it'll probably be back when they allow people to edit again
    or they'll change it to something like "You can no longer edit the wiki" after halloween
  • Piratax10 said:

Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    oh yea
    or they'll change it to something like "You can no longer edit the wiki" after halloween
    Why do you think we won't be able to edit the wiki? The editing is excellent and helpful.

Now please stay on topic
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

You don't seem to listen.... all they have to do is type in some key words in a search engine(google,...etc) and SCROLL trough the results. there is no way they can miss what they are looking for. if needed all they have to do is add a few more words to find more specifics.

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I agree with this and making the early game more accessible to new players is always a goal of ours. We do have some changes planned to help new players, but it won't come till early next year.
  • Piratax10 said:

Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    oh yea
    Why do you think we won't be able to edit the wiki? The editing is excellent and helpful.

Now please stay on topic
    because you're too blind to see kew's thread about not being able to edit the wiki because of ads etc
  • Piratax10 said:

Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    oh yea

Now please stay on topic
    because you're too blind to see kew's thread about not being able to edit the wiki because of ads etc
    I don't go to the News and Announcements because I have my joy in other threads and discussions. Also,
    scorto7 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

You don't seem to listen.... all they have to do is type in some key words in a search engine(google,...etc) and SCROLL trough the results. there is no way they can miss what they are looking for. if needed all they have to do is add a few more words to find more specifics.

They might think "ahh, it's just a common random game where everyone just builds and makes friends!" some people are too idiotic to just search up www.cubicastles.com and www.cubiccastles.wikia.com/wiki/CubicCastles_Wiki. The same thing about the forums.
  • Piratax10 said:

Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    oh yea

Now please stay on topic
    I don't go to the News and Announcements because I have my joy in other threads and discussions. Also,
    scorto7 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

They might think "ahh, it's just a common random game where everyone just builds and makes friends!" some people are too idiotic to just search up www.cubicastles.com and www.cubiccastles.wikia.com/wiki/CubicCastles_Wiki. The same thing about the forums.
    actually you don't need to go to that section because it's pinned at the top of "All Discussions" :v
    also you don't have to search the URL itself
    just write
    "cubic castles wiki" on google
    also almost like every game has a wiki
    and everyone knows that almost every game has a wiki
  • Piratax10 said:

Piratax10 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

not "was"
    its still there
    oh yea

Now please stay on topic
    scorto7 said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

actually you don't need to go to that section because it's pinned at the top of "All Discussions" :v
    also you don't have to search the URL itself
    just write
    "cubic castles wiki" on google
    also almost like every game has a wiki
    and everyone knows that almost every game has a wiki
    not all, though. i go to all discussions like once a week.