Cubic Game Master2 has won the Ghost Costume raffle! Next drawing prize is a Krampus Mask!
Cubic Halloween Town judging has come to an end, results are now live!

Step-By-Step ~ How To Draw a Wing of a Dragon- Easy! (MORE TO COME!)

TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
edited October 10 in Art 49.75 Karma
Hi,

I decided to make a guide on how to draw different things easily using simple steps. Try it! :P
I drew digital, but that's only because its easier to make a guide that way. You can do it digital or on paper.
I also plan to add other guides here too (guides as in...how to draw different things)

Spoiler: How To Draw A Dragon Head

STEP ONE
Draw a hill or slope.

STEP TWO
Add another on top of that one. Make sure where the red arrow is is round, for its nose.

STEP THREE
Now add the line for its mouth. Under that, add another line for the jaw. Notice this line goes up at the end, where the red arrow points.

STEP FOUR
Now add a bit more lines. You'll add the back of its neck/head, which will follow the edge of your paper. Now at the end of the jaw, add a line. A bit further over add another, for the end of its neck. These two will be the belly/underside part, as you probably know :P

STEP FIVE
Now bolden all of your lines, besides the one you first drew in the beginning. That one was only a marker. NOTE: You might think that line is pointless, but don't erase it yet!

FINISH LINE!
You're done - the rest is up to you! If you are stuck, here are some ideas to add: Eye - Horns - Nostrils - Spikes - Belly lines - Color - Bold the lines. If you are still wondering why the line is there, you use it to draw where the spikes will be or where the center of his head is. If you want some more help or ideas, be free to PM me or comment. I'll be happy to help!

Using the steps, I drew this ^

Spoiler: How To Draw A Dragon Wing

STEP ONE

Before I start, getting the wing on a dragon is extremely tricky. The lines and distance between things have to be just right.
Draw the top of the wing.

STEP TWO

At the bottom of the wing I have no idea what it's called, but you probably know. The curves I think? On this wing, we'll do 3. Draw the first one.

STEP THREE

Now draw the second one. This is important what position it is in. Make sure, instead of just normally sideways, it goes down v.

STEP FOUR

Add the third. Start going to the right and top, to meet at the corner.

FINISH LINE

You're done! Bolden the lines and add the bone lines which go to each point on the wing. For more realistic stuff, don't make them straight - add some wave to them.

More to come! If you want to request one, you can PM it or comment! Also, if you want to, you can share what you drew using the steps and if they helped you or not :P Thanks!
How To Draw Guides
  1. Was This Helpful?10 votes
    1. Yes, helped me!
      40.00%
    2. Didn't help me, but it could help other people.
      50.00%
    3. Maybe/Some are...
        0.00%
    4. No, but might help other people.
      10.00%
    5. Nah, not good.
        0.00%

Comments