Progression Not Regression-Autoclicking Confirmation

Do not confuse this paragraph I am about to write as complaining. We have a real problem, you the devs have made a terrible decision in an attempt to curb autoclicking. I am not alone in this sentiment and if you need to know this I can turn up the volume loud as needed to make you become aware of the issue. In the pursuit to create honest game play the honest user should never be punished simultaneously especially when the potential gain is greatly outweighed by the concrete loss. This is a voxel based game, mining and placing blocks are the core of it's heart. You have taken an already arduous process of placing blocks, mining, and crafting further erecting a barrier that leaves a distaste in nearly every users mouth who engages in these activities. It is hard for you the devs to see the impact because you do not play the game as we do the player. We spend hours placing insane amounts of dirt, tearing down mountains, and crafting goods to sell. I love this game and the many things that came with the update today are a plus in my mind. It is obvious how hard you work to make this a great game but today a misstep has been made.

The auto click prevention window will do little to prevent auto clicking. Look at Rolim's video on auto clicking, the user was actively near by and with this they just have to click the yes tab to continue on their merry clicking way. I feel that many people who use auto-clicking will not be curbed by this window. In fact I hold the strong belief it will only encourage auto-clicking. Why be honest when I am going to be slowed down by an unnecessary pop up?

Remember to always strive for progression, I hope that something is done sooner rather than later.

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Indeed, it can be very irritating
  • edited October 2017
    I just found out from Mr. Penguin Cos plans on making it happen a lot less often which is much more easy to handle. Lets hope this is true.
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember
    Rolim's video is so hilarious
  • It would prevent the user in Rolim's video. The issue is that people leave a clicker on and go afk. But anyway, we will be loosening it quite a bit so it will be harder to trigger.
  • The user in Rolims video would correct himself, in a short period of time. He did not stay perma deterred.

Thank goodness it is being loosened, it means a lot <3.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 2017
    CosmicCow said:

It would prevent the user in Rolim's video. The issue is that people leave a clicker on and go afk. But anyway, we will be loosening it quite a bit so it will be harder to trigger.

So glad to see this, because it is quickly sucking the joy out of my mining with every pop up of the confirmation screen. I love to mine to de-stress and decompress. It's mindless, and I love to find and follow various ore veins. Even at a very moderate pace, the confirmation screen is popping up regularly even though I have earned all the perks to mine at a much quicker pace. With each pop up, my stress returns briefly, and I am just getting more irked. Glad this will be improved/fixed, hopefully in the very near future.

Thanks @-greycoralking- for posting this eloquent thread. Right now after so many confirmation screens, I would have been much more terse and acerbic with any post talking about this less than optimal feature. Thanks for explaining it much more rashly and comprehensively than I could right now. I have to agree, this is truly punishing the honest players.
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    The message ARE YOU HUMAN? appear for me 5 times in one minute >:( That means I mine like a bot?
    Horrible action. I supported every update of the devs but not this. I hate this game action.

>:(
  • Thank you guys <3. Hopefully we will like the less intrusive bossy window <3. I was wanting to throw my laptop at the nearest mobile vehicle. Like why you do this to me devs lol. As you said Bac, mining is super relaxing <3.
  • The titles tho, :0 nice bars :0
  • We have issued a new Windows Standalone and Steam client that should reduce the occurrence of the popup.
  • Thank you so much Cosmic Cow this thread can be closed now. It means a lot to us the players that you the admin listen to us.
This discussion has been closed.