RETEXTURING!

*Joystick**Joystick* Member
edited September 2017 in Player Events & Creations
Hi guys! I got an awesome idea! I LOVE UV shades so I had the idea to replace the texture of round sunglasses for UV shades' texture :

So, I was thinking, should I make a texture pack and/or retexture players' textures at their likes?
l3.PNG 105.7K
l4.PNG 75.4K
l1.PNG 137.6K
l2.PNG 337.2K

Comments

• Hey, well. I don't think this is too useful, since it is only you who sees your new texture but if you like seeing it on youself and don't mind it not being real I guess that is fine.
    To make your texture even better you may want to change the look of the item itself now , not just the texture while wearing that.

This may be quite an interesting idea that people can all request an item but imo it ruins the fun of working hard for the items we do have.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Well you could but if you are going to share the whole file to others be aware that on updates some of the textures might be moved around in the file
  • How may I do it?
    Also is it possible on the Android version? :3
    I'd love to be wearing a ghost costume even if it is only I who can see it.
  • Hrothgar said:

How may I do it?

To do it you must access the game files by going to %appdata% in your computer. On android it is also possible, it does however take a lot of messing about with draw apps. If you do attempt this yourself I reccommend you make a backup of the original files. The only file you will need is:
    %appdata% => cubic => dyna => images
  • Genex said:

Hrothgar said:

How may I do it?

To do it you must access the game files by going to %appdata% in your computer. On android it is also possible, it does however take a lot of messing about with draw apps. If you do attempt this yourself I reccommend you make a backup of the original files. The only file you will need is:

and the Android? :3
  • Hrothgar said:

Genex said:

Hrothgar said:

How may I do it?

and the Android? :3
    idk if it works on android
    Genex said:

Hey, well. I don't think this is too useful, since it is only you who sees your new texture but if you like seeing it on youself and don't mind it not being real I guess that is fine.
    To make your texture even better you may want to change the look of the item itself now , not just the texture while wearing that.

This may be quite an interesting idea that people can all request an item but imo it ruins the fun of working hard for the items we do have.

yeh I agree but I changed my look and I needed UV shades (love them :D). So I swap texture so me and Youtube could see that look :) That's for my own pleasure and I know I won't have real uv shades before long so why not touching a dream with our fingertips?! :3
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    edited September 2017
    to get to the files on android open the files app, go to:
    device/Android/data/com.cosmiccow.cubiccastles/files and all the game files are there.
    Hrothgar said:

p.s. you cant edit just any old texture to look like the ghost, you would have to edit something that looks just like the ghost costume, and i don't think there is anything like that. Don't mean to crush your dreams. You could also swap the model files but it might not be animated and the textures wont look right.
  • Pimydd said:

to get to the files on android open the files app, go to:
    device/Android/data/com.cosmiccow.cubiccastles/files and all the game files are there.

Hrothgar said:

p.s. you cant edit just any old texture to look like the ghost, you would have to edit something that looks just like the ghost costume, and i don't think there is anything like that. Don't mean to crush your dreams. You could also swap the model files but it might not be animated and the textures wont look right.
    yeah you can't randomly swap textures (for example angel instead of imp wings). The items must have the same shape and animation.
  • yeh I agree but I changed my look and I needed UV shades (love them :D). So I swap texture so me and Youtube could see that look :) That's for my own pleasure and I know I won't have real uv shades before long so why not touching a dream with our fingertips?! :3

Good point and well done :)