Artifacts - some info, please

For this discussion, I will refer to Cave Art, Fossils, Glyphs and Trilobytes as "artifacts" to make the typing easier. I have searched for this information and have not found it. Here is what I would like to know:

1. Must your pet be on the ground to discover an artifact, or may he be floating?
2. What is the area (in squares) in which the pet must be to sense the artifact (e.g. 3 squares x 3 squares)?
3. Can your pet sense an artifact if you are constantly moving or must you be relatively still (like mining a certain area)?
4. Is it possible that a mine might contain more than one artifact?
5. Is it possible that a mine might not contain any artifacts at all?

Thank you for any help you can give. Please only respond or comment if you are sure of your answer, as I am looking for verified information, not guesses or suppositions. Also if you have experience that answers these questions, you might consider adding to the Wiki as there is very little information about pets and none that I could find about artifacts.

Thanks again,
Shaanti

Comments

• 1. Why do you mean by floating? Like it is lvl 50? I think yes it can discover artifacts even if it's floating.
    2. idk I think 5x5
    3. It will sense the artifact if you're moving. A "!" will appear and disappear if you're moving, then return to this area and the "!" will stay :)
    4. I really don't know, but i'd say no.
    5. yeah
  • 1. yes and it's much more better with lvl 50 pets cause they could follow you anywhere unlike the normal pet, although it would follow too, there are times that they are stuck where you could see the "sad face" on them when you got too far...
    2. As far as I remember, the range is increasing as the lvl of pets are getting higher I just dont remember what specific lvl they start to add the range, i think it was 3x3 - 4x4 - 5x5...
    3. yes they could still sense it as long as you're near the "Artifact" or the range where the pet could still detect it.
    4. Not sure too, but I think yes cause the mines are generated randomly so might be that
    5. same as #4 ^
  • Joystick & Kurt: thanks so much for the info. Let me know what you think of this. I went to six different mines tonight with my level 50 dog. We found nothing. Is it possible that 6 put of 6 mine had nothing? I made sure th dog was fed and we went through each mine row by row so it doesn't seem likely that we missed anything. Do either of you hunt for artifacts? I am beginning to think it's a waste of time. Any opinions?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Shaanti said:

Joystick & Kurt: thanks so much for the info. Let me know what you think of this. I went to six different mines tonight with my level 50 dog. We found nothing. Is it possible that 6 put of 6 mine had nothing? I made sure th dog was fed and we went through each mine row by row so it doesn't seem likely that we missed anything. Do either of you hunt for artifacts? I am beginning to think it's a waste of time. Any opinions?

Well it doesn't sense all the way to the bottom of the mine through all those blocks so they could just be on the bottom. But yeah, I have mined whole mines before and found none sooo..
  • Shaanti said:

Joystick & Kurt: thanks so much for the info. Let me know what you think of this. I went to six different mines tonight with my level 50 dog. We found nothing. Is it possible that 6 put of 6 mine had nothing? I made sure th dog was fed and we went through each mine row by row so it doesn't seem likely that we missed anything. Do either of you hunt for artifacts? I am beginning to think it's a waste of time. Any opinions?

Yeah this is actually possible, but as Nerve said it, pets can't sense deep artifacts so you gotta mine a bit to find deep ones.
  • Oh, ok. Thanks so much. It also seems they can't sense an artifact placed in your own realm. I wanted to test the distance theory. Anyway, I appreciate all the responses. Thanks.
  • Shaanti said:

Oh, ok. Thanks so much. It also seems they can't sense an artifact placed in your own realm. I wanted to test the distance theory. Anyway, I appreciate all the responses. Thanks.

o.o maybe thats a bug, they could detect artifacts anywhere even your own or other realms...

I haven't actually searched up for a particular artifact but I mine a lot and most of the artifacts I got came from tropical mines, cause it is very visible due to the large area of water...
  • edited September 2017
    Shaanti said:

Oh, ok. Thanks so much. It also seems they can't sense an artifact placed in your own realm. I wanted to test the distance theory. Anyway, I appreciate all the responses. Thanks.

Actually they do sense them in ur realm,
    They won't if u place them at that moment
    But if u place it then leave and come back, go near it, then it will sense it.

If it still deosnt sense it, it's probably a bug like Kurt said
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yeah, they also sense the presents in the old starter realm.
  • Shaanti said:

Actually they do sense them in ur realm,
    They won't if u place them at that moment
    But if u place it then leave and come back, go near it, then it will sense it.

If it still deosnt sense it, it's probably a bug like Kurt said
    Oh, thanks! I'll try leaving and coming back later to see what happens.
  • Meh, I mined a whole 6x6 of a mine and found not one artifact.

Some mines have no artifacts at all.