Wich paint is the best for plastic +How Can I Make My Paint flatter ?

QbirdQbird Member
edited August 2017 in Art
Harro . I love gundam model kits, and recently started to paint one , but my paint, uuuunnnnh.....

Comments

• Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    Did you try smoother brush strokes with a flat brush?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    i find that its worth doing multiple thin coats than trying to do one blobby thick one, comes out smoother without brush strokes
  • Did you try smoother brush strokes with a flat brush?

Some surfaces of this particular kit are too small for that , but I'll keep it in mind, it will be useful, thanks !

i find that its worth doing multiple thin coats than trying to do one blobby thick one, comes out smoother without brush strokes

I'll try that, thankoo
  • QbirdQbird Member
    edited August 2017
    eagence said:

I think as long as you use brush, there will be brush strokes. For a better solution try using a shoe/ dish washing sponge to spread the paint... Maybe a fine sandpaper touch with oil/water (depends on type of paint) may also help for current version (Care Plastic Edges). If none works try using sprey paint with band masks if it will be worth (still the layer should be very thin and you need to sprey it from far away to not cause paint to leak). I hope one of them help.

The water makes it level itself, but Im having hard times finding the right amount of water needed.

Also updated the title
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    If it is on plastic then try to use little water, if you use a lot it will make it look like water colour and streaky, also a few more coats of paint would be good too.
  • If it is on plastic then try to use little water, if you use a lot it will make it look like water colour and streaky, also a few more coats of paint would be good too.

Yep, that's what works the best for now , thank you .