Severe acello ring lag

SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
So with my new map I have some accelos than you immediately hit upon entering the realm, it takes you down a chimney, under the floor and pops you into a bed. But the lag every time someone enters the realm is bizarre, normally I never have an issue with lag, in any realm, no matter how many floating objects, but with this even I get a horrible stutter lag/ continuous lag that has broken the realm.

I really hope there is a way to optimize them, I assume lag came about from when people were creating accelo traps, so now they send out signals constantly that is causing lag? (Just a guess)

Comments

• axelloaxello Member
    edited August 2017
    im not lagging yesterday but today im too very lag
  • I don't think accelos cause the lag.

Sid's Story Map
    Catacombs lvl.1
    Lopaiko's Realm

These are the realms (that I know) that lag everytime someone enter.
    And what these 3 realms have? DARKNESS STAMP
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Kewbin said:

I don't think accelos cause the lag.

Sid's Story Map
    Catacombs lvl.1
    Lopaiko's Realm

These are the realms (that I know) that lag everytime someone enter.
    And what these 3 realms have? DARKNESS STAMP

Hmm, at this point I don't know anymore, every time I come across a bug I always end up blaming the wrong thing xP I give up trying to figure out the bugs, just tired of working around them.
  • @Siddd what's the name of your new realm?
    CosmicCow said:

@Siddd what's the name of your new realm?

Sid's Horror Story: The Well
  • Okay so I went in... then had an alt go in, and I get no lag at all. So clearly something is different between our setups.

You're Windows/Steam, right? And once another user enters, does the lag stay forever? More details please @Siddd
    CosmicCow said:

Okay so I went in... then had an alt go in, and I get no lag at all. So clearly something is different between our setups.

You're Windows/Steam, right? And once another user enters, does the lag stay forever? More details please @Siddd

You didn't get the lag spike as your alt entered? You should of done, if you send a hollawarp in there, you will see what I mean for sure! Sorry I was afk when you entered!
  • Well there are two different things that people call "lag". One is fps drops, the other is latency from the server. I am trying to determine which is the case here.
  • LiteRary said:

CosmicCow said:

Well there are two different things that people call "lag". One is fps drops, the other is latency from the server. I am trying to determine which is the case here.

Probably Siddd hasn't any issue for FPS, it could be Server / Connection?
    Nope, it's clearly an fps issue. And it has to do with the darkness environment stamp, as @Kewbin correctly suspected. I'm still investigating.