Be careful!

*JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
edited August 2017 in Off-Topic
So, someone is impersonating CaptainC @CosmicCow
Here are the screen shots of him asking me for my pass.

if this person messges you on Instagram, please do not reply and just report for impersonating CaptainC.

Comments

• I talked to him a while ago, (or her) , and he knows and look at the forums pretty often . idk if its a useful information, but eh .
  • He talked me some minutes ago, he wanted me to give him my password because he needs mods for the game, i didn't give him my password, i tried to waste his time xD after i reported him and blocked him.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Tbh I don't really know how someone could fall for this. There is no professional use of language, he spells half the words wrong, and he uses text vocabulary (r instead of are. U instead of you. Etc).
  • *Narla**Narla* Member
    edited August 2017
    Julie, I've caught them out
    They told me who they really are, and that they're impersonating CaptainC, and they might tell me why. I have screenshots, and their supposed username.
    But, we can't suspect the user he gave, because for all we know he could be framing this person.
    He said he'd tell me the story of why he's impersonating later. I will put the screenshots now.
  • Lmao people are trying the stupidest ways to scam, was this on like Kik or something
  • I'm putting screenies now
  • Hello, what app is this.
  • Instagram.
  • ohhh
  • Don't go too far into this yet, for all we know he could be framing Jiessy_Music, but he has admitted to impersonating. He will tell the story later.
  • Who are these people
  • Impersonators
  • I ment Jiessy_Music you goof
  • I don't have a clue, he said he doesn't use that account much, he uses his 'victims'
  • *Narla**Narla* Member
    edited August 2017
    He connected my in-game user to my Instagram profile, he must know my real name to connect it, he must be a regular player, because when he asked for my password, he highlighted that you shouldn't even give it to mods, he said that admins sometimes need passwords, which is total rubbish.
  • *Narla**Narla* Member
    edited August 2017
    and the newest 'system' update thingo says 'even to mods' so he must be regular. Oh wow, just realised Jiessy_Music won a halo from the raffle...
  • He is obviez a scammer. Look at his grammar and vocabulary-It's so bad.

A scammer: So yeah we need a new nod oh sorry *mod and i need ur pass word.

A mod: Never give your password away, even to a moderator!
  • Gao-GosiGao-Gosi Member
    edited September 2017
    -Gundam- said:

I talked to him a while ago, (or her) , and he knows and look at the forums pretty often . idk if its a useful information, but eh .

i wont blame anybody but exactly this is the reason why BlackSOCKS shouldnt have posted and sound like you will alltime get away with anything, show off his ban and unban skills, and theres not real punishment.
    You all offer those scammers that in this forum its so easily to find victims
  • Gao-Gosi said:

-Gundam- said:

I talked to him a while ago, (or her) , and he knows and look at the forums pretty often . idk if its a useful information, but eh .

i wont blame anybody but exactly this is the reason why BlackSOCKS havent posted and show off his ban and unban skills, and theres not real punishment.
    You all offer those scammers that in this forum its so easily to find victims
    I don't understand at all, but K.
  • RyokRyok Member
    edited September 2017
    This is very dangerous!
    Never trust these fakes, because they are not always on staff.
    I think some real staff would send a message through the support email, I do not know very well.

And also have a post about this, see:
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12841/beware-of-fake-contacts-by-staff#latest