Tall Trees Golf Course by Gdog

gdog gdog Retired Moderator
edited August 2017 in Player Events & Creations
Hey all, so many months ago I actually made a 9 hole golf course in the game.
I was tring to figure out to make it play able.
At the time I was trying to get it to work with dice but i ended up giving up.
Well with the release of the beach balls I can now make it play able :)

I present to you Tall Trees Golf Course

It can be found by searching the sky map or the lobby bumper.

It took a lot of converting and tweaking to get to where it is.
I think it's very playable.

So how to play?

The idea is to get the ball into the hole in as few shots as possible.
The hole is the spiked 2x2 pit with spikes in, shown by a red flag on a black pole.
You tee off (take your first shot) at the tee which is half grass between a set of tropical tree trunks.
The tropical grass surrounding the spiked hole is the green.
If you land on the tropical grass (green) you can take a "gimme" this is basically saying I finish the hole but it'll cost me a shot.
So for example you tee off that's shot 1. You land on normal grass you take your second shot and it lands on the green it would be a 3 or a gimme 3.
This rule is here to help. Trying to hit a shot that goes 1 or 2 blocks distance is next to impossible.

Balls must come to a complete stop before taking the next shot
If a ball goes outside of the current hole eg. over the trees. The hole can be restarted from the first tee shot without any penalty.

The most important rule
DON'T touch other players balls.

- Par Terminology
Par is the recommended amount of shots you should take to to get the ball in the hole.
So on a par 4 if you get it in 4 shots it would be a par.
If you get it in 3 shots it's called a birdie or one under par.
If get it in 2 shots it would be called an eagle or 2 under par.

If you shoot 5 it would be called a bogey or one over par.
If you shoot 6 its a double bogey or 2 over par
If you shoot 7 its a triple bogey or 3 over par.
Anything above that is 4 over par 5 over par etc.
An 8 is called a snowman, because the number looks like a snowman lol.

I did a video talking about how to play and the rules, as well as a match against space fetus at the end.

Below is a hole by hole course guide with screenshots.

- Hole 1 Par 3

Pretty straight forward hole to begin. Watch out for the bunker on the left and the one on the back of the green.

- Hole 2 Par 3
Dangerous short hole here. A raised island green surrounded by water. Don't get wet.

- Hole 3 Par 3
Downhill medium length par 3. Few small bunkers. The main hazard is balls that hit the hill to the right of the fairway.

- Hole 4 Par 4
A tricky dogleg right par 4 to a protected green. There's run off behind the green. Balls lost long will have a tricky chip back to the hole.

- Hole 5 Par 4
Long downhill par 3 to a water surrounded green. The small tree in the middle of the fairway can make or break scores on this hole.

- Hole 6 Par 3
Another short but dangerous par 3. Hole in ones can be found by hitting it long or alternatively going short and bouncing before the water.
Just don't miss right or left, or long for that matter.

- Hole 7 Par 4
A bendy par 4 that can be reached in one by brave golfers who can land a good bounce on top of the small tree in the middle of the fairway. Safer golfers may want to stray right and try and bounce round the first corner.

- Hole 8 Par 3
Straight forward par 3 here with many possibilities for a hole in one. Either go straight at it or miss a little to the right and bounce back off the trees for a flashy finish

- Hole 9 Par 4
The last hole on the course right now. A uphill struggle to the green. Matches have been won and lost on this hole. Do you attempt going straight for the hole by cutting the trees to the right or do you go left and hope for a miracle bonce off of the trees in the distance. Choose wisely.

I plan to add more holes so it will be a full 18 holes.
For now enjoy the 9 holes available.
When the 18 holes are finish I want to start a tournament here on the forums, so watch this space.
Let's do a poll to see if there much interest in taking part in a golf tournament.

Comments

• Interesting idea ^^
    Seems a bit complicated, but I think that's mostly because of how bouncy beach balls are, lol.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Watch the video. It's very playable.
    If you've never played golf then the concept of golf can be a little confusing at first.
    When you played it once or seen it, it will make sense.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Very well made course i enjoyed playing it
    Good job!
  • Shouldn't that be a tricky gdogleg on the 4th hole?

Looks like fun...and now you give the devs motivation to get us other colors for the beach balls, so players can have their own color like on miniature golf courses. :)

Look forward to trying it out.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    b3achy said:

Shouldn't that be a tricky gdogleg on the 4th hole?

Looks like fun...and now you give the devs motivation to get us other colors for the beach balls, so players can have their own color like on miniature golf courses. :)

Look forward to trying it out.

Yeah I hope the devs add new balls or more importantly another way to obtain them outside the summer pack.
    Its currently quite costly to play a round at my golf course.
  • It's awesome! I enjoyed it and I wanna play more tho!!:D
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    It's a great course always fun for a round cant wait for the next 9
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Tried it with @Gollum a few days ago, and I gotta say it's pretty good and well-made. Good job, was fun. :)